Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-07-30

New Release.
Media Companion 3.712b

Couple new ExtraFanart options, Fixing of MovieSets, and correct naming of some fanart.Tv artwork filenames.

New:
  • Movie - New ExtraFanart option. Choose if from TMDB or Fanart.TV.
  • Movie - New ExtraFanart option. Choose to save movie fanart as fanart0.jpg if not extrafanart.
  • Movie - New ExtraFanart option. Choose to always save movies fanart as fanart0.jpg.

Fixed:
  • MC - Update MC to correct naming of discart and clearlogo.
  • MC - Add rename buttons to debug tab for logo.png, disc.png, character.png for TV and Movies
  • Movie - MovieSet tab improvement, show user collection name if different from TMDB collection name.
  • Movie - MovieSets if users have edited TMDB Set names, now correctly find and display in MC.
  • Movie - Fix update of Movie Collection data from MovieSet tab if customized collection names differ from TMDB Set names.
  • Movie - Fix renaming movie with fanart.tv images if switching between clearlogo.png and <moviename>-clearlogo.png naming convention.
  • Movie - Fix rename folder if root movie folder is just the driver letter. ie, M:\ not M:\Movies.
  • TV - Fix actors to central folder.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.712b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-07-30

(2018-07-23, 23:51)Levi59 Wrote: Lucifer in french

And i get the same error if i remove the tvshow.nfo and remove/save/add/save the folder. MC search for the new TV Show and i get the same error as before.

Apologies, did not see the PM notification. Just checked using your config.xml, and I can not reproduce the error.
I will wrap the Get actors section in a error catch so the series can still be scraped.
Interestingly I also spot that no fanart image is downloaded for this series in French...so I will try and do a fall-back to english if no fanart is available in the selected language.

Will be in the Next release...unless I PM you a test build.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Levi59 - 2018-07-31

A little off topic but is there an auto-update function in development for the futures release? Sourceforge don't make this possible?

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-07-31

Unfortunately sourceforge doesn't allow this I've looked at different ways of having a update function and media companion but at this point in time it doesn't look like it's going to happen

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2018-08-08

Hey, Rob,
Just wondering if there is something up with scraping actors from tvdb.  I've had a few shows that have actor images on the site, but, none are scraped.  Castle Rock is one.  Also, wondering if it would be possible to add get plot from IMDB when using the tmdb scraper.  Thanks.  Extra fanart/thumbs are not working as well.  TMDB problem?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-08-08

(2018-08-08, 00:06)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob,
Just wondering if there is something up with scraping actors from tvdb.  I've had a few shows that have actor images on the site, but, none are scraped.  Castle Rock is one.  Also, wondering if it would be possible to add get plot from IMDB when using the tmdb scraper.  Thanks.  Extra fanart/thumbs are not working as well.  TMDB problem?

Looking at this, it seems a TVDb issue as some series actors scrape perfectly, but some newer series the actors are available, but not returned when the api queries the show info. I'll post up about this on their forum.

As for IMDB Plot for series if scraped from TMDb, this may be possible. I will look into it.
Extra Fanart/Thumbs from TMDb? any series or all series.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2018-08-08

Actually it's movies.  Using fanart.tv for extras.  Using tmdb, the extrafanart and thumbs are identical.  Expected behavior?

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-08-08

Yes, extra fanart and extra thumbs will be the same.

Some skins show show one type and not the other, plus there is a definition that these two artworks are actually different styles of images. But, meh, just trying to give what users want.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2018-08-09

Not sure I follow the point of having the same images in two different directories.  But, what do I know!  Laugh
Another problem I noticed is mc locks up when searching for new movies when it gets to the extrafanart.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-08-09

(2018-08-09, 01:39)bobrap Wrote: Not sure I follow the point of having the same images in two different directories.  But, what do I know!  Laugh
Another problem I noticed is mc locks up when searching for new movies when it gets to the extrafanart.

There was discussion, which I can't find easily, that Fanart and thumbs are actually different types of Images.
Fanart is like Posters, just Landscape.
Thumbs, are like screenshots, images of part of the movie/tvseries.
So the thought was ExtraFanart and ExtraThumbs should be different, but nobody does it that way.
Plus, some skins use only ExtraFanart, others only Extrathumbs.

As for MC locking up getting extrafanart, specially if from Fanart.TV. MC isn't actually locking up, but downloading images from Fanart.TV is taking a very long time. I will have to investigate further.

As for Plots from IMDb if series scraped from TMDb, option will be in the next release.
Also, found the issue with actor images, so that will be also fixed in the next release.

I will look into the Fanart.TV image download speed first before releasing a new Media Companion....Hopefully about this time tomorrow if time permits.

Cannot get rar archives to scan. Any help appreciated - cytvac - 2018-08-11

Hi,
Been searching around all night, so if there's a thread with this in somewhere, feel free to point me in that direction :-)

I'm attempting to scrape and create .nfo etc for a few movies stored as multipart rar archives. 

They are in this format to fit on a fat32 format disc, so are broken down into 4GB parts.

I have no prob playing them in Kodi, I'm just looking to manage them locally, so that I can scan them nicely into the library, rather than play them from the files menu.

The file structure is:

Drive (e.g FSmile:/
                    Movie A/
                              Movie A.part1.rar
                              Movie A.part2.rar
                              Movie A.part3.rar
                    Movie B/
                              Movie B.part1.rar
                              Movie B.part2.rar
                              Movie B.part3.rar
                              Movie B.part4.rar

I can add the drive in the Folders tab and search. The filenames show in the status bar as the directories are parsed, but no movies are picked up. 
I've tried "Use folder names for scraping" too.

Is there any way I can scrape these files with Media Companion?

Any help appreciated :-)

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-08-11

Part rar format should work OK with mediacompanion, but I'll took into it as this area has not been checked over for a very long time.

So I'd say...it use to work...

That said, I thought movies in rar were formatted as:
Movie A.rar
Movie A.r01
Movie A.r02
Etc...

And you set the split at 4 gig. Or is that not the only way to have them?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2018-08-12

I've now tested multipart movies. On my side they're very rare, only for very unknown/poorly available movies.
Naming:
folder -> Moviename (Year)
in the folder -> Moviename (Year)-part1.ext following Moviename (Year)-partX.ext and so on.
(I've tried also Moviename (Year)-part-1.ext, Moviename (Year).part1.ext, Moviename (Year)-1.ext, Moviename (Year).1.ext, Moviename (Year)-CD1.ext, Moviename (Year).CD1.ext)
The results were different!

When use "-part1" (Moviename (Year)-part1.ext) you are usually on the safe side.
Your .nfo and all your storaged extrafanarts (if used with movie name prefix) are only linked to the first part (-part1). The remaining parts are in the file system for themselves.

But be careful! If not put the check mark under "Movie Preferences -> Scraper -> Scrape Failded! -> If failed scrape, do not safe an NFO file!", You will probably get also .nfo entries for  "-part2, -part3, -partX" in summary for each file. So set the check mark. (If the scraper a movie once not be found, rename the file/folder in the original name according to IMDB/TMDB (according to your set scraper language) then the entry must be found and scraped, rename the file/folder again to your liking, make a refresh, and great.

As desired, -part2, -part3, -partX, while scraping (and always) will be skipped/ignored, unless the checkmark "If failed scrape, do not safe an NFO file!" is disabled, then not. I do not know if I overlook something there.

The movie lengh in the .nfo of the movie are all part lengths added together -> Great!

____

Besides multi-part movies:

Rob, your Media Companion can also handle Video-TS format, nice! The correct renaming of the files is a bit tricky but it's working well.
Except the movie lengh is always 1 min. Usually when using my .mkv's (h264) it's correcting lenth to .nfo when playing in kodi, here not.
Think that's more a kodi dependend thing.

This was the only way i got Video-TS working with Media Companion and also Kodi the right way:
Folder Path: 
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)
In Folder: 
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\links
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\themes
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\trailer
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\folder.jpg
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)-theme.mp3
In VIDEO_TS folder:
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\.actors
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\extrafanart
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\extrathumbs
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\folder.jpg
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-banner.jpg
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-clearlogo.png
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-discart.png
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-landscape.jpg
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-poster.jpg
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-trailer-thumb.jpg
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-trailer.mp4
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.BUP
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.nfo
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.BUP
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_3.VOB
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_4.VOB
J:\The Day After - Der Tag danach (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_5.VOB

Is this the right way? To avoid VIDEO_TS subfolder and also renaming of VIDEO_TS was not possible to get positive results.

____

Of 95% of db using .mkv (h264) beside few examples of VIDEO_TS i'm also using exact 3 movies (1 Collection) with BDMV

The folder and file structure to get it to work is very confusing, but
when i get it to work wich MediaCompanion, then Kodi can't handle it.
and when i get it to work wich Kodi, then MediaCompanion can't handle it.
Of course i choose the way Kodi can handle it.
The only workaround is to create an "pseudo/placebo/fake" video file to the movies, scrape/rescrape it, delete this file, refresh the entries in kodi, play it in kodi to get correct media tags to .nfo.
Kodi can handle it all perfect like all other entries i have, but in MediaCompanion the 3 movies are not shown, although correct .nfo's are there.

This causes kodi db count is always +3 compared to MediaCompanion

(Confusing) Folder structure get it to work in kodi (but no .nfo showing in MediaCompanion):
Folder Path:
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)
In Folder:
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-banner.jpg
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-clearart.png
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-clearlogo.png
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-discart.png
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-landscape.jpg
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\folder.jpg
In BDMV Folder:
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\.actors
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-fanart.jpg
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-poster.jpg
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-trailer-thumb.jpg
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)-trailer.mp4
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997).bdmv
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997).nfo
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\BACKUP
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\CLIPINF
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\extrafanart
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\extrathumbs
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\folder.jpg
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\links
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\PLAYLIST
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\STREAM
K:\Austin Powers Filmreihe\Austin Powers - Das Schärfste, was Ihre Majestät zu bieten hat (1997)\BDMV\trailer

Is that weird or is that weird? *gg*

Thanks 4 reply, greetings chris
(sry for: language, not an english native speaker, long text, if would have use pastebin for folder paths)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - cytvac - 2018-08-12

(2018-08-11, 21:26)vbat99 Wrote: Part rar format should work OK with mediacompanion, but I'll took into it as this area has not been checked over for a very long time.

Movie A.rar
Movie A.r01
Movie A.r02
Etc...

Cheers for the reply vbat99 :-)

That's (my names above) the way current version of WinRar spits the file names out by default now.

They are set in WinRar to:
  1. Archive format: Rar4 (otherwise Kodi ignores them)
  2. Compression method: Store
  3. Split to columns, size: 4095MB (Fat32)
Checking Advanced > Volumes > Old Style Volume Names in WinRar does get me:

Movie A.rar
Movie A.r00 <- note starts at 00 not 01
Movie A.r01

...but still ignored by MC :-(

Manually renaming to:

Movie A.rar
Movie A.r01
Movie A.r02

..still no joy :-(

For ref, in ths particular scenario, I'm using it for USB drive connected to a FireStick running Kodi via an OTG cable. V useful for taking a stack of movies away when all you can guarantee is a tv with HDMI. Downside is Fire stick only mounts FAT32 format drives - hence the rar files for movies over 4GB.

As in my OP, Kodi plays the rars no problem via the "files" menu, so I have the basic functionality I need out of the box... but it would be nice to have the scanned into the library and accessible that way with posters, etc.. :-)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-08-18

(2018-08-12, 12:50)cytvac Wrote:
(2018-08-11, 21:26)vbat99 Wrote: Part rar format should work OK with mediacompanion, but I'll took into it as this area has not been checked over for a very long time.

Movie A.rar
Movie A.r01
Movie A.r02
Etc...

Cheers for the reply vbat99 :-)

That's (my names above) the way current version of WinRar spits the file names out by default now.

They are set in WinRar to:
  1. Archive format: Rar4 (otherwise Kodi ignores them)
  2. Compression method: Store
  3. Split to columns, size: 4095MB (Fat32)
Checking Advanced > Volumes > Old Style Volume Names in WinRar does get me:

Movie A.rar
Movie A.r00 <- note starts at 00 not 01
Movie A.r01

...but still ignored by MC :-(

Manually renaming to:

Movie A.rar
Movie A.r01
Movie A.r02

..still no joy :-(

For ref, in ths particular scenario, I'm using it for USB drive connected to a FireStick running Kodi via an OTG cable. V useful for taking a stack of movies away when all you can guarantee is a tv with HDMI. Downside is Fire stick only mounts FAT32 format drives - hence the rar files for movies over 4GB.

As in my OP, Kodi plays the rars no problem via the "files" menu, so I have the basic functionality I need out of the box... but it would be nice to have the scanned into the library and accessible that way with posters, etc.. :-)

So I have been looking into this and MediaCompanion is scraping the files correctly no matter if
Z:\Movies\Book Club (2018)\Book Club (2018).part1.rar
Z:\Movies\Book Club (2018)\Book Club (2018).part2.rar
Z:\Movies\Book Club (2018)\Book Club (2018).part3.rar
Z:\Movies\Book Club (2018)\Book Club (2018).part4.rar
or as
Z:\Movies\Big Hero 6 (2014)\Big Hero 6 (2014).rar
Z:\Movies\Big Hero 6 (2014)\Big Hero 6 (2014).r00
Z:\Movies\Big Hero 6 (2014)\Big Hero 6 (2014).r01
Z:\Movies\Big Hero 6 (2014)\Big Hero 6 (2014).r02
And creating the nfo correctly.

The issue seems to be with Kodi not scraping the local nfo. From what I have seen, Kodi looks into the rar archive, pulls out the movie title, and then stops.
If I switch from Local Information Only scraper to TheMovieDb scraper, then Kodi goes online, scrapes the movie, and it is added to the Library.
I exported the library to check the naming of the nfo, and it matched MC's naming.
I then opened a new instance of Kodi, added the source and set to Local Information Only, and again Kodi did not add to the Library even with its own exported nfo file.

It seems as though if the multipart is in Rar format, then unless you are scraping from TheMovieDb in Kodi, then the movie will not be added to the library.

You mentioned that you use Rar format because your storing on a Fat32 partition and I see the Firestick does not support NTFS.
I would recommend then looking at a program to split the video file into less than 4Gig sections. It would take about the same amount of time as archiving the movie into Rar files.

So, Sorry, but this seems to be an issue in Kodi relating to Rar files.