Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-08-20

Is there 4k images available for the video your scraping?
if not, then MC will pick the next largest resolution available.

If there is, give me the video title and I'll do some tests

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mata7 - 2018-08-20

yes there is a few, but the most recent try deadpool 2

thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-08-20

(2018-08-20, 21:25)mata7 Wrote: yes there is a few, but the most recent try deadpool 2

thanks
Just tested with MC set to 4K UDH fanart, and Deadpool 2 Fanart downloaded at 3840x2160 resolution
What language is your Media Companion set to?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mata7 - 2018-08-20

english language, i wonder if there any other setting, i have set fanart sizing to 4k and no resize

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-08-21

No other settings that I can see. But upload your config.xml file somewhere and PM me a link to it and I'll check with your current configuration.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-08-21

New Release.
Media Companion 3.714b

Bug Release - Fix retrieving IMDb data

New:
  • mc_com - add '-s' option if used with -v will not sound the exit sound.
  • Movie - Add to TMDB scraper options to get Plot from IMDb.

Fixed:
  • TV - Fix imdb votes and ratings for Series and episodes.
  • Movie - Fix from IMDB Directors, Writers, Stars, Countries, and Studios.
  • Movie - Complete re-work of imdb data.
  • MC - Exclude folder can now be comma separated when entering the folders to exclude. MC will separate to line-by-line once settings applied.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.714b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2018-08-21

As always, thanks for your work on the latest release.  Here comes the however Rofl .  Been having a heck of a time rescraping actors.  If I scrape to .actors, seems all goes well.  If I scrape to central folder, nfo shows location of files, files are in central folder, but, no actors are displayed in MC.  After trying different setups, it seems if I tick the "exclude actor id as filename suffix" box, all is as it should be.  Thought you might want to know.  Thanks again.  Let you know if I come across any "problems" in the latest release.

Thought I'd also bring up a little niggle on the tv side.  If I scroll down to a series that starts with "S" (e.g. "Star Trek") and I scrape something, when finished the show list always jumps back to the top.  Any way to keep the focus on the show being edited?  Thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bsoriano - 2018-08-21

Hello Rob,

I have an issue when MC is downloading extra artwork (extrafanart/extrathumbs).  When I do a "Rescrape All", MC gets stuck when getting "Extra Artwork".  I have the setting to get extra fanart from TMDb, and I even input my own TMDb API key.  I thought that the problem was getting extra artwork from fanart.tv, but once I turned off the setting to get extra fanart, MC does not get stuck anymore when doing "Rescrape All". 

Is this something you have seen before? What additional info would you like me to send you to investigate further? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-08-22

(2018-08-20, 23:07)mata7 Wrote: english language, i wonder if there any other setting, i have set fanart sizing to 4k and no resize

Tested with your config.xml and I found the issue.
Seems images from Fanart.TV overwrote the images already downloaded from TMDb. So the 4K images were replaced with 1920x1080 images from Fanart.TV

Fix in place for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-08-22

(2018-08-21, 15:42)bobrap Wrote: As always, thanks for your work on the latest release.  Here comes the however Rofl .  Been having a heck of a time rescraping actors.  If I scrape to .actors, seems all goes well.  If I scrape to central folder, nfo shows location of files, files are in central folder, but, no actors are displayed in MC.  After trying different setups, it seems if I tick the "exclude actor id as filename suffix" box, all is as it should be.  Thought you might want to know.  Thanks again.  Let you know if I come across any "problems" in the latest release.
Um, no issues here if the central actor has the Id added as the suffix, or not.
Though I recommend not having the id suffix so actors from IMDB and TMDb share the same image found. This is now the default for clean installs.

Quote:Thought I'd also bring up a little niggle on the tv side.  If I scroll down to a series that starts with "S" (e.g. "Star Trek") and I scrape something, when finished the show list always jumps back to the top.  Any way to keep the focus on the show being edited?  Thanks again.

Yes, this annoys me as well. Will look into it.

(2018-08-21, 16:57)bsoriano Wrote: Hello Rob,

I have an issue when MC is downloading extra artwork (extrafanart/extrathumbs).  When I do a "Rescrape All", MC gets stuck when getting "Extra Artwork".  I have the setting to get extra fanart from TMDb, and I even input my own TMDb API key.  I thought that the problem was getting extra artwork from fanart.tv, but once I turned off the setting to get extra fanart, MC does not get stuck anymore when doing "Rescrape All". 

Is this something you have seen before? What additional info would you like me to send you to investigate further? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart

Been testing with ExtraFanart this morning, no issue. Though I am only using the api key within Media Companion.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2018-08-22

(2018-08-22, 01:30)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-08-21, 15:42)bobrap Wrote: As always, thanks for your work on the latest release.  Here comes the however Rofl .  Been having a heck of a time rescraping actors.  If I scrape to .actors, seems all goes well.  If I scrape to central folder, nfo shows location of files, files are in central folder, but, no actors are displayed in MC.  After trying different setups, it seems if I tick the "exclude actor id as filename suffix" box, all is as it should be.  Thought you might want to know.  Thanks again.  Let you know if I come across any "problems" in the latest release.
Um, no issues here if the central actor has the Id added as the suffix, or not.
Though I recommend not having the id suffix so actors from IMDB and TMDb share the same image found. This is now the default for clean installs.
Quote:Thought I'd also bring up a little niggle on the tv side.  If I scroll down to a series that starts with "S" (e.g. "Star Trek") and I scrape something, when finished the show list always jumps back to the top.  Any way to keep the focus on the show being edited?  Thanks again.

Yes, this annoys me as well. Will look into it. 
 If it matters, the problem with the id suffix is only on the tv side.  Movie actors with the suffix display fine.  If the suffix is not used, wouldn't the actor image of a tv show be overwritten if the same actor is in a movie (or vice -versa)?  Guess I could scrape tv without the suffix and movies with or just use .actors.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mata7 - 2018-08-22

(2018-08-22, 01:20)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-08-20, 23:07)mata7 Wrote: english language, i wonder if there any other setting, i have set fanart sizing to 4k and no resize

Tested with your config.xml and I found the issue.
Seems images from Fanart.TV overwrote the images already downloaded from TMDb. So the 4K images were replaced with 1920x1080 images from Fanart.TV

Fix in place for the next release. 
 glad that you found the problem, thank you for fix it so fast

(2018-08-22, 01:59)bobrap Wrote:  If it matters, the problem with the id suffix is only on the tv side.  Movie actors with the suffix display fine.  If the suffix is not used, wouldn't the actor image of a tv show be overwritten if the same actor is in a movie (or vice -versa)?  Guess I could scrape tv without the suffix and movies with or just use .actors.

Damn it! didn't check the TV side.

Found and fixed for the next release.

New Release.
Media Companion 3.715b

Bug Release

New:

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fix on scrape Fanart.Tv artwork overwriting artwork already retrieved.
  • Movie - Fix Batch rescrape if 'SCRAPE MAIN TAGS FROM TMDB' selected.
  • Movie - Fix File and Folder renaming if illegal characters.
  • Movie - Fix MovieSet artwork from collection folder if collection name contained illegal characters.
  • TV - Fixed actors to Central folder with ID suffix.
  • MC - Revert https to http for IMDb urls.
  • MC - Set to default No actor id suffix if central actor folder.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.715b x86 & x64

Revision History