Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - scott967 - 2013-01-29

Thanks for the new beta. I installed alongside previous versions (don't know if that makes a diff?) and set my "movies" folder then did a "save & quick scan" of the folder. After scanning the main browser pane showed "Displaying 159 of 159 movies" but was empty (tried changing sort order no change). I exited and restarted and then the main browser was working as expected.

Also if you set artwork to "both" what should happen (existing movies and newly found movies)?

scott s.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-29

Artwork for movies is still Pre-Frodo. To be worked on once any/all bugs are squashed on the TV Side.

As for after scanning, no movies are displayed. Please go "Movies" (Top bar) and select " Reload Movies From Cache". They should re-appear. Also do a "Refresh all movies" to be sure they are all there.

This is also a Known bug for the movie side.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - HueyHq - 2013-01-29

Hi Scott,
The empty list I have seen, but only once. I am not sure why it decides to blank on the first install, and should be investigated as I suspect a number of users will experience the problem.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - chtamina - 2013-01-29

Media Company renaming feature is one of the most useful for me, is there a way to rename folders as well files ?

thanks

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 16:34)chtamina Wrote: Media Company renaming feature is one of the most useful for me, is there a way to rename folders as well files ?

thanks

I don't think so although it could probably being added easily Smile

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 16:34)chtamina Wrote: Media Company renaming feature is one of the most useful for me, is there a way to rename folders as well files ?

thanks

Already added to "To Do" List, but as fma965 mentioned, may not be possible.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - scott967 - 2013-01-29

(2013-01-29, 04:22)vbat99 Wrote: Artwork for movies is still Pre-Frodo. To be worked on once any/all bugs are squashed on the TV Side.

As for after scanning, no movies are displayed. Please go "Movies" (Top bar) and select " Reload Movies From Cache". They should re-appear. Also do a "Refresh all movies" to be sure they are all there.

I thought I remembered something about this, but I was getting kind of confused as it seemed like the code base had been forked and I couldn't keep track what reported problem related to which build. So I was kind of waiting for a more "official" build before testing myself. I didn't see anything on the "known issues" post for this release, so thought I would document it.

I have since added a movie and that worked well, although it seems to hang while scraping after scraping the "main body". So I cancelled out then tried again, same thing but I waited a while and eventually it scraped the artwork and added the movie to the db.

I added my tvshow folder and that seemed to go OK. I had a problem with one show that was in "error" or "lock" status (also the case on prior builds) somehow I was able to clear it -- what is the best way to deal with "errored" shows?

AFA artwork, I understand it isn't yet implemented but what is the intended action that the settings should have?

scott s.

(2013-01-29, 22:09)scott967 Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 04:22)vbat99 Wrote: Artwork for movies is still Pre-Frodo. To be worked on once any/all bugs are squashed on the TV Side.

I thought I remembered something about this, but I was getting kind of confused as it seemed like the code base had been forked and I couldn't keep track what reported problem related to which build. So I was kind of waiting for a more "official" build before testing myself. I didn't see anything on the "known issues" post for this release, so thought I would document it.

I have since added a movie and that worked well, although it seems to hang while scraping after scraping the "main body". So I cancelled out then tried again, same thing but I waited a while and eventually it scraped the artwork and added the movie to the db.

I added my tvshow folder and that seemed to go OK. I had a problem with one show that was in "error" or "lock" status (also the case on prior builds) somehow I was able to clear it -- what is the best way to deal with "errored" shows?

AFA artwork, I understand it isn't yet implemented but what is the intended action that the settings should have?

scott s.
OK, I've noted the Movie issue on the OP, as well as Home page of MC at codeplex. Sorry, missed that one.

Error or lock, not sure. Can you give the title for that show? I'll see what it does for me.

AND "AFA artwork""?? what that mean?? what setting?? Sorry, but confused.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - scott967 - 2013-01-30

Name of show is Cheongdam Dong Alice (as shown in TVDB). It's been a while since I first scraped it using 3.5.0.6 . Often the case it takes a couple tries to figure out English title of Korean TV Show. I think I was having problems getting 3.5.0.6 to scrape it, and went to TVDB and manually seacrched and found the TVDB ID for it 264413 which I entered into the data entry slot for it, after which it scraped but showed "error" (red X in front of entry in TV show main browser and status : error). But it did create tvshow.nfo and d/l the art. When I attempted to "search this show for new episodes" I kept getting popup that the show was "locked". But I could get episode.nfo files regardless. Then I installed 3.5.3.0 and again searched for new episodes, had trouble but fooled around some (sorry, can't remember exactly what I did) and somehow the error/red X went away and now all seems well. But I couldn't figure out what the status : error / lock / open is telling me or what I should do in the future if a tvshow status is "error".

For the art, what I am asking is when the function is implemented, what do we expect to see when selecting either of the 3 "artwork version" radio buttons on the general preferences? In particular, "Both"?

scott s.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-30

OK, well I just tested with "Cheongdam Dong Alice", created a new show under my test folder, and had MC Check Roots for new shows.

This scraped perfectly. No issues. BUT, I did have a problem when trying to scrape any episodes.

Now, this may be because there is absolutely no info loaded at TheTvDb against any episode. No plot, no directors, no episode thumbs either. MC should catch this error, so I'll add to the To Do List.

As for what each option should do,
Pre-Frodo should scrape
folder.jpg
fanart.jpg
season01.tbn etc for all seasons available
season-all.tbn
season-specials.tbn

Notice, tbn as extension for some of the artwork.

Now, Frodo and onwards will give you
poster.jpg
banner.jpg
fanart.jpg
season01-poster.jpg
season01-banner.jpg (If banner is available) Etc for all seasons available.
season-all-banner.jpg
season-all-fanart.jpg
season-all-poster.jpg
season-specials-poster.jpg

Notice all jpg extensions.

And "Both" options, well, that will scrape and save both versions of artwork into the same folder.

The "Both" option is for those people who have mixed XBMC versions, whether Xbox,Dharma, Eden and Frodo, (This is my situation). This will allow Frodo to make use of the extra artwork, while allowing Xbox or Dharma/Eden versions to also pull artwork.

Many people will be upgrading to Frodo, and may just want Frodo from here on in.

Hope that helps.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - opeters - 2013-01-30

Can I change Media Companion to show "poster.jpg" instead of the "folder.jpg" ? Since Frodo I use only "poster.jpg".

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 17:17)opeters Wrote: Can I change Media Companion to show "poster.jpg" instead of the "folder.jpg" ? Since Frodo I use only "poster.jpg".

for tv shows yes for movies not yet afaik, not been a active developer recently Smile set it to frodo art work on the preferences.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - joshhansen - 2013-01-30

Is there a way to rename existing files that were named for Eden compatibility?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-30, 20:04)joshhansen Wrote: Is there a way to rename existing files that were named for Eden compatibility?

download a program called bulkrename - http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - joshhansen - 2013-01-30

The problem I have is that each of my files has <tv show> - ____.ext. So a bulk renamer doesn't really work for that.