Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - JanM201 - 2019-02-12

Hi,
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. Let me try and explain:
Forget the Extended part, @vbat99  already explained to me how that works and I'm using it with great success.
First of all, I'm using the renaming function in MC to rename my folders & files.
Now, I have a movie called Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone (US version).
When I use MC to scrape the movie, it scrapes it as Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone. This is fine because that's the name it found at TMDB.
Now, is there a place in MC where I can change the name to Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone, update the movie somehow so that it automatically
updates my folder name, movie file name & nfo file information with the new name.
Hope it's a bit clearer now.
Thanks.

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-02-13

Yes, in mediacompanion click on the title bar and you can change the title of the movie.
then click save, then right-click the movie in the left browser list and select rename movie or rename movie and folder

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - JanM201 - 2019-02-13

Hi @vbat99 
Yes, this works 100%. This is exactly what I was looking for.
Thank you very much for your help. You just made my evening Rofl

PS: Sorry for all the questions, but I'm still learning the program. Fantastic work by the way.

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-02-13

Perfectly ok to ask questions and I believe people on this forum will be happy to help.
Enjoy mediacompanion

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - wints - 2019-02-13

Hi, first off very , very new to mediacompanion so please be patient with my questions, can you use mediacompanion with emby server and emby for kodi addon ? thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-02-13

(2019-02-13, 09:10)wints Wrote: Hi, first off very , very new to mediacompanion so please be patient with my questions, can you use mediacompanion with emby server and emby for kodi addon ? thanks

I am sorry to say, but I do not know. Not sure what emby server is.
Just note that Media Companion is for creating local NFO files for your movies, TV Series (and episodes), and Music Videos. Media Companion also downloads the artwork (posters, fanart, actors etc) and stores these locally with the Video files so Kodi does not need to access the Internet when scraping these videos into Kodi database.

The advantage of Media Companion is to be able to verify and select the data, artwork etc, that you want seen in Kodi.

Hope that is of some help with your question of Emby server and Emby addon for Kodi.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - wints - 2019-02-13

(2019-02-13, 09:24)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-02-13, 09:10)wints Wrote: Hi, first off very , very new to mediacompanion so please be patient with my questions, can you use mediacompanion with emby server and emby for kodi addon ? thanks

I am sorry to say, but I do not know. Not sure what emby server is.
Just note that Media Companion is for creating local NFO files for your movies, TV Series (and episodes), and Music Videos. Media Companion also downloads the artwork (posters, fanart, actors etc) and stores these locally with the Video files so Kodi does not need to access the Internet when scraping these videos into Kodi database.

The advantage of Media Companion is to be able to verify and select the data, artwork etc, that you want seen in Kodi.

Hope that is of some help with your question of Emby server and Emby addon for Kodi.   
 Hi thanks for the reply, I think it easier to post link to emby server info then me make a mess of trying to explain what it is Wink

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-02-13

@wints 

MC is basically optimized for Kodi.

However, the creators of EMBY have taken into consideration that kodi .nfo's are compatible with EMBY.
Read: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56334-metadatalibrary-emby-kodi-compatibility/
But if you mainly want to use EMBY it would be better to use a Media Manager optimized for EMBY.

(2019-02-13, 16:35)chrissix Wrote: @wints 

MC is basically optimized for Kodi.

However, the creators of EMBY have taken into consideration that kodi .nfo's are compatible with EMBY.
Read: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56334-metadatalibrary-emby-kodi-compatibility/
But if you mainly want to use EMBY it would be better to use a Media Manager optimized for EMBY.
Cheers for that chrissix, thought that might be the case but just wanted to make sure before I go any further as to why I still can't get IMDB and TMDB ratings/votes to populate I've gone through all the post that you have posted regarding this chrissix but still no luck.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-02-13

(2019-02-13, 16:48)wints Wrote: still can't get IMDB and TMDB ratings/votes to populate

Where? In EMBY, MC or your KODI Skin?

(2019-02-13, 17:21)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-02-13, 16:48)wints Wrote: still can't get IMDB and TMDB ratings/votes to populate

Where? In EMBY, MC or your KODI Skin? 
Opps sorry I should have said in kodi Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod skin

(2019-02-13, 16:48)wints Wrote: still can't get IMDB and TMDB ratings/votes

Batch rescrape the rating votes into your movies:

Your movie .nfo's rating section would have to look like this:

(Pay attention in which rating the default="true" stands, that is the main rating)

Then you have to update your kodi db:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removing_videos
(Point 4)

(2019-02-13, 17:48)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-02-13, 16:48)wints Wrote: still can't get IMDB and TMDB ratings/votes

Batch rescrape the rating votes into your movies:

Your movie .nfo's rating section would have to look like this:

(Pay attention in which rating the default="true" stands, that is the main rating)

Then you have to update your kodi db:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removing_videos
(Point 4)  
Hi chrissix, thanks for the help this is what my movie .nfo's look like already Image

(2019-02-13, 20:56)wints Wrote: movie .nfo's look like already

@wints 

perfect, then reload the movie(s) in kodi and you and then everything should work

(2019-02-13, 21:03)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-02-13, 20:56)wints Wrote: movie .nfo's look like already

@wints 

perfect, then reload the movie(s) in kodi and you and then everything should work  
@"chrissix" 
And guess what after reloading movies in kodi still the same