Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - huttdes - 2019-02-27

(2019-02-27, 20:33)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-02-27, 20:13)huttdes Wrote:
(2019-02-27, 19:25)Edworld Wrote:  one option is to rename your movies to part1 part2  
 I thought this was the proper naming structure? Naming_video_files/Movies (wiki) 
@huttdes 

https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies
See Point 5.1

Have you enabled/disabled following checkboxes?

I also use part1, part2 but with a hyphen: -part1, -part2

Das Boot (Original Uncut Version) (1981)-part1.mkv
Das Boot (Original Uncut Version) (1981)-part1.nfo
Das Boot (Original Uncut Version) (1981)-part2.mkv
Das Boot (Original Uncut Version) (1981)-part3.mkv

Trying a lot around with file stacking at my kodi early ages, this works best on my side.  
 The settings boxes were checked. I renamed using the 'part' extension and it is fine now.
Thank you.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - huttdes - 2019-02-27

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-02-27

@vbat99 

Could you maybe take a look at the following problem that i and @latts9923  have?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329255&pid=2828234#pid2828234

Could there be a way to get rid of the trailer url?
In kodi ListItem.Trailer speaks unfortunately not only on the local trailer but also on the trailer .url as fallback. This is a hindrance because the Youtube plugin should actually be the fallback. There is no other way than getting rid of this deposited trailer url's to manage that.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-02-27

(2019-02-27, 21:42)chrissix Wrote: @vbat99 

Could you maybe take a look at the following problem that i and @latts9923  have?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329255&pid=2828234#pid2828234

Could there be a way to get rid of the trailer url?
In kodi ListItem.Trailer speaks unfortunately not only on the local trailer but also on the trailer .url as fallback. This is a hindrance because the Youtube plugin should actually be the fallback. There is no other way than getting rid of this deposited trailer url's to manage that.
That really is a Kodi issue it should be searching for the local trailer file first if not then use in the url.
This is an issue with Kodi or the YouTube plugin as one of those two should be looking for the local file first.
This is how it's always been in Kodi if something changed then a developer needs to step in and find a fix

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-02-27

Just a FYI, in media companion we get the url first and if the option is enabled to download the trailer then we use that URL.
So the url is always stored as a backup just in case the trailer is removed, or the trailer was never downloaded.
So Kodi has to fix this

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-03-03

(2019-02-20, 10:44)koldtoft Wrote: Hi @vbat99 thank you for all the great work.

I have made a step by step video tutorial on how to add movies in Media Companion 3.5 so they show up with Rotten Tomatoes scores and IMDB ratings in KODI and I would greatly appreciate any feedback or criticism you may have.

I plan to make this a 3 part video series, with step 2 and 3 being about how to setup KODI, once you have imported your movies in step 1. I may also make a step 1½ for importing TV shows and Music videos. 

I just watched your video, and it is awesome.
But I have one problem.
You mention moving the Media Companion folder into the Program Files folder.
This is not recommended, as it is a protected location, and can cause issues as MC is not an installed program.
From MC Wiki,
Quote: Do not use program files or User Folders, on Vista or above machines. Due to User Access Control (UAC) on these systems, it stops MC from writing configuration files to these folders. desktop, documents or User folders are not recommended!
Media Companion WIki - How to Install Media Companion

I would be very interested to get your permission to add this to MC HomePage on Sourceforge.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-03-03

@chrissix

I am about to release the next version of Media Companion, but for the following version, I need clarification on how the ExtraFanart naming options are wanted.
I want to have the current naming, and an option to store as you showed in your images.

But just need clarification as to the correct way, and hopefully how many users are naming as you currently do.

New Release.
Media Companion 3.728b
Date: 2019-03-03

Few requested features, and advised bug fixes.

New:
  • MC - Add Option to not save legacy tags <rating>, <votes> & <metascore> in nfo. Default is Enabled.
  • Movie - Add new feature to scrape RT Concensus and apply to Outline tag field.
  • Movie - New option in Movie Preferences, General Tab, Switch Poster & Fanart Layout on browser tab.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Export HTML fix for null integer in file resolution.
  • Movie - Apply change colon to space dash space also to collection folder rename.
  • Movie - Fix Alt Movie Editor if delete last actor.
  • Movie - Second actor image fix from actorthumb source
  • Movie - Fix if Batch Rescraping and Custom Movies in list with no valid TMDb or IMDb ID's, skip to the next movie.
  • Movie - Fix issue renaming movie folder if 'All Movies are in Folders' is enabled, and scraped movie is no in its own folder.
  • Movie - Movie rotten tomato ratings, almagate rt ratings options outside options group of tmdb/imdb.
  • TV - Fix Episode renaming by remove leading dot from series name during episode renaming.
  • TV - Fix when manually Save, new <ratings> tag was removed.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.728b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2019-03-03

I don't know, Rob.  This whole artwork naming/placement thing is getting to be a bit too much.  Why can't it just be set out in the Kodi wiki?  One addon author wants it this way.  One skinner wants it that way.  As for preferences, I certainly don't like looking at a movie folder with a bazillion files in it.  Just my $.02.  But then, What do I know anyway? Rofl

(2019-03-03, 06:38)bobrap Wrote: I don't know, Rob.  This whole artwork naming/placement thing is getting to be a bit too much.  Why can't it just be set out in the Kodi wiki?  One addon author wants it this way.  One skinner wants it that way.  As for preferences, I certainly don't like looking at a movie folder with a bazillion files in it.  Just my $.02.  But then, What do I know anyway? Rofl
I agree completely, that's why the Wi-Fi is there to set it out so everybody follows but order of things period newline but hey we're all trying to improve things period :-)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MonSoon12 - 2019-03-03

Hi All,

I updated to the new version and I scrapped a few movies but was unable to scrape ratings or votes from IMDb.
I have tried
1) Turning on "use TMDB XBMC Scraper" and checking the ratings & votes and still nothing.
2) Right click, Rescrape Specific > Ratings & Votes (all) > From IMDb
3) Right click, Rescrape and the other 3 options from TMDB, RT, Metacritc

Reverted back to previous version and was able to right click, rescrape specific and it works.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-03-03

A big thank you that you continue to update MC and keep up to date

My previous example was a pure movement example of my setup. I have now thoroughly reviewed ArtworkBeef and some skins that have incorporated it.

ArtworkBeef has 2 tasks, download / scrape and import.
First of all, in AB we can read in as much as we want, there are no restrictions. I describe here now only as far as the download/scrape function is supported/predefined.

Movies support for Fanart, Poster, Keyart
MovieSets suppport for Fanart, Poster, Keyart
TvShows support for Fanart, Poster, Keyart, Characterart

Movies Fanart -> Counter is 20
1: (Movie File Name-)fanart.jpg
2: (Movie File Name-)fanart1.jpg
3: (Movie File Name-)fanart2.jpg
20: (Movie File Name-)fanart19.jpg

Movies Poster -> Counter is 10
1: (Movie File Name-)poster.jpg
2: (Movie File Name-)poster1.jpg
3: (Movie File Name-)poster2.jpg
10: (Movie File Name-)poster9.jpg

Movies Keyart -> Counter is 10
1: (Movie File Name-)keyart.jpg
2: (Movie File Name-)keyart1.jpg
3: (Movie File Name-)keyart2.jpg
10: (Movie File Name-)keyart9.jpg

___

Same for MovieSets

___

TvShows Fanart -> Counter is 20
1: fanart.jpg
2: fanart1.jpg
3: fanart2.jpg
20: fanart19.jpg

TvShows Poster -> Counter is 10
1: poster.jpg
2: poster1.jpg
3: poster2.jpg
10: poster9.jpg

Movies Keyart -> Counter is 10
1: keyart.jpg
2: keyart1.jpg
3: keyart2.jpg
10: keyart9.jpg

TvShows Characterart-> Counter is 20
1: characterart.jpg
2: characterart1.jpg
3: characterart2.jpg
20: characterart19.jpg

________

Why the whole? For newcomers and basic users, the system is difficult to understand, but the whole thing is not so difficult.

The most important point is first of all that everything is read directly into the database and not as usual a ListItem.Folder is used, where the hard drive is accessed even though everything was cached.

The next important point is that it no longer makes a difference to the skinning code, whether you use "single image" or "multi-image" (sideshow) as the control type. One can simply take the multiimage command, and if there is only one artwork, it will remain a single image.

Several fanarts is clear, but why 10 posters? 10 keyart? 20 characterart?

Many films have made a "poster advertising campaign", ie several posters in the same design/layout. For the first time I've seen this at Matrix 2. You can deposit them and then (alternatively) display them in the skin as a sideshow. Most of them are character posters of the movie. Also many Fanart.tv Content creator have created multiple posters in a unit design. This looks very good.

The same for keyart, except that you can then also alternatively put the clearlogo over it, that the keyarts then look like unit posters.

There are several TvShows with dozens of Characterart (mostly Cartoons), you can display them as a sideshow.
Look as example for Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, Rick & Morty even features characterart for each episode

_____

Multi Poster Examples:

Multi Keyart Examples:

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - the_bo - 2019-03-03

@vbat99

Thanks for the update, was waiting for the RT concensus so can batch scrape all movies again.

If some movies don't have a RT concensus will it leave the outline tag unchanged?

@chrissix

I have finally managed to move all my extrafanart from the extrafanart folder to the main folder.

One thing no sure is how the movie sets folders should be. Which way have you your movie sets folder set up. Do you need to have extrafanart for a movie set or can it pick up random fanatrt from all the movies in the set.

Is this the correct folder structure.

Terminator collection

--clearlogo.png
--clearart.png
--poster.jpg
-----Terminator 1
...........clearlogo.png
....,.......clearart.png
.............poster.jpg
.............faanrt.jpg
.............fanart1.jpg
.............fanart2.jpg
-----Terminator 2
...........clearlogo.png
....,.......clearart.png
.............poster.jpg
.............faanrt.jpg
.............fanart1.jpg
.............fanart2.jpg

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-03-03

(2019-03-03, 17:26)the_bo Wrote: Which way have you your movie sets folder set up. Do you need to have extrafanart for a movie set or can it pick up random fanatrt from all the movies in the set.

There are 2 ways to display extrafanart for MovieSets

1) I think you still use the Aeon MQ7 Mod, there are extrafanarts for MovieSets are working with SkinHelper [SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.ExtraPoster] there.

Advantage:
  • You do not have to care about anything.
  • It gets the extrafanarts directly from the movies in the MovieSet
Disadvantage:
  • It is slow
  • It works as far as I know only about extrafanart folder of the movies, hard drive is accessed even though everything was cached.
  • On my side, the MovieSet Main fanart appears for 1-2 seconds and then the extrafanart of movies are displayed. This is the reason why the code was thrown out and it is useless for me. Could prevent the short pop up of the MovieSet Main fanart before the movie extrafanart are displayed with no code/workaround.

2) The ArtworkBeef/ArtworkHelper Way 

Advantage:
  • Fanarts are read directly into the database the hard drive will not be accessed when everything is cached.
  • Faster
  • MovieSet Main fanart and the extrafanarts are shown combined. It makes no difference if you have only one or more fanart. If you have/want only 1 fanart only the main set fanart is be shown, if more, then more.
Disadvantage:
  • ArtworkHelper/ArtworkBeef needed
  • Fanart.tv does not have a lot of MoveSet fanart. There is a bit more on TMDB, but most are simple copies of Movie Fanart. I have to admit I never used the ArtworkBeef Download feature for MovieSets. I do not want a Mixup of Fanart.tv and Tmdb and then maybe get many fanarts twice as well.
  • The biggest disadvantage if you want to have MovieSet extrafanarts, but do not want to use the AB Download feature if you want to do some quality control yourself, then you have to paste/copy everything yourself.
________
For example when you use the MovieSet Download in AB in Terminator Collection (Fanart.tv & TMDB) you will get 5 fanarts from Fanart.tv and 5 Fanarts from TMDB at this time. But one is duplicated.

I'll do it a very coplicated way at the moment myself:

Terminator collection
--landscape.jpg
--discart.png
--banner.jpg
--clearlogo.png
--clearart.png
--poster.jpg
--fanart.jpg (main movieset fanart that represents the collection)
--fanart1.jpg (copy of main fanart of the first terminator movie)
--fanart2.jpg (copy of main fanaart of the secont terminator movie)
--fanart3.jpg and so on...

Example for Harry Potter Collection:

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2019-03-03

@chrissix  I'm a little confused here.  If my movies and artwork are all in the same directory, how is the hard drive not accessed if art is cached?  Gotta access the hard drive to watch the movie.  I thought the purpose of the cache is to cut down on internet access, helping those that have a metered internet account and the hosting servers.?  For me, I use Kodi to watch TV, movies and listen to music.  I'm just not that into looking at all my artwork. Smile