Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-03-03

(2019-03-03, 13:40)MonSoon12 Wrote: Hi All,

I updated to the new version and I scrapped a few movies but was unable to scrape ratings or votes from IMDb.
I have tried
1) Turning on "use TMDB XBMC Scraper" and checking the ratings & votes and still nothing.
2) Right click, Rescrape Specific > Ratings & Votes (all) > From IMDb
3) Right click, Rescrape and the other 3 options from TMDB, RT, Metacritc

Reverted back to previous version and was able to right click, rescrape specific and it works.
Not seeing an issue at my end. Checked with a clean MC as well, can scrape IMDB, TMDB and Metacritic.
I don't scrape RT data, but this was working a week ago OK.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-03-03

(2019-03-03, 19:50)bobrap Wrote: @chrissix  I'm a little confused here.  If my movies and artwork are all in the same directory, how is the hard drive not accessed if art is cached?  Gotta access the hard drive to watch the movie.  I thought the purpose of the cache is to cut down on internet access, helping those that have a metered internet account and the hosting servers.?  For me, I use Kodi to watch TV, movies and listen to music.  I'm just not that into looking at all my artwork. Smile

What I have described concerns purely extrafanart.

Simple example:
Unplug your media hard drives, start Kodi:

If you use extrafanart the first (common) way i described you will not see any extrafanart any more or in best case 1 left - even if it's prechached in Thumbnails folder.
-> Point 5.1 https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Local_movie_artwork
If you use extrafanart the second way i described you will see all - if its prechached in Thumbnails folder
-> Point 5.2 https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Local_movie_artwork

If you do everything locally, that does not make that much difference, although the performance is faster and the disks are spared.
But if you have your media on NAS/SERVER system this difference is very important.

Unfortunately, my english skills are somewhat limited and therefore did not completely understand your question. But there are many skins where the main focus is on artwork, as well there are basic skins.
Everything pure matter of taste. I have some nieces and nephews who visit me often. They can not read yet and look for the movie they want to watch based on the artwork they see. They like that when Kodi looks very playful. And me too. Countless people fill the artwork databases of fanart.tv and tmdb every day, content is there, api support is there, so there is not much talk against developing some skins in this direction.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-03-03

(2019-03-03, 20:23)vbat99 Wrote:

I updated to the new version and I scrapped a few movies but was unable to scrape ratings or votes from IMDb.
I have tried
1) Turning on "use TMDB XBMC Scraper" and checking the ratings & votes and still nothing.

Reverted back to previous version and was able to right click, rescrape specific and it works.
Not seeing an issue at my end. Checked with a clean MC as well, can scrape IMDB, TMDB and Metacritic.
I don't scrape RT data, but this was working a week ago OK. 

Media Companion 3.728b x64
I've tested it out, scraping process and .nfo data is good. There is only a small optical bug with the new option:
Quote:MC - Add Option to not save legacy tags <rating>, <votes> & <metascore> in nfo. Default is Enabled.
The visible rating/votes on the movie main view is still linked with the the legacy rating <rating></rating> and not to <rating name -> default="true">
No scraping problem, just is visible problem, only the link was not changed yet.

Think the same with metascore (when clicking on Top 250) on movie main view...
EDIT:
But couldn't test this also out cause i pushed the legacy tags button very often on/off for testing and now i also get errors on every scrape:

Quote:System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht. ---> System.Exception: TMDb is unavailable!
   bei Media_Companion.TMDb.Fetch()
   bei Media_Companion.Movie.RescrapeSpecific(RescrapeList rl)
   bei Media_Companion.Movies.BatchRescrapeSpecific(List`1 NfoFilenames, RescrapeList rl)
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   bei System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   bei System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   bei Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
   bei Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Then went back to Media Companion 3.727b x64 and everything worked great again

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - huttdes - 2019-03-04

I have movies in a couple folders. 80% in one folder that wont have anymore added. So I want this folder to appear in my library but not scanned when I search for new movies.
Can this be done?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-03-04

(2019-03-04, 03:36)huttdes Wrote: I have movies in a couple folders. 80% in one folder that wont have anymore added. So I want this folder to appear in my library but not scanned when I search for new movies.
Can this be done?
Can be done already just right click the search button and you can choose which drive you want to search for new movies

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - huttdes - 2019-03-04

(2019-03-04, 04:13)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-03-04, 03:36)huttdes Wrote: I have movies in a couple folders. 80% in one folder that wont have anymore added. So I want this folder to appear in my library but not scanned when I search for new movies.
Can this be done?
Can be done already just right click the search button and you can choose which drive you want to search for new movies 
Great, simple enough. Thank you much!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-03-04

I have tried

There was a glitch in the logic since adding the new feature to disable legacy <rating> <votes> <metascore>
A fix is in place for the next release that will be out about this time tomorrow.

(2019-03-03, 17:26)the_bo Wrote: @vbat99

Thanks for the update, was waiting for the RT concensus so can batch scrape all movies again.

If some movies don't have a RT concensus will it leave the outline tag unchanged?
Yes, if no concensus availbale then IMDb outline will be stored instead.

(2019-03-03, 23:57)chrissix Wrote: [quote="vbat99" pid='2829749' dateline='1551637413']

Media Companion 3.728b x64
I've tested it out, scraping process and .nfo data is good. There is only a small optical bug with the new option:
Quote:MC - Add Option to not save legacy tags <rating>, <votes> & <metascore> in nfo. Default is Enabled.
The visible rating/votes on the movie main view is still linked with the the legacy rating <rating></rating> and not to <rating name -> default="true">
No scraping problem, just is visible problem, only the link was not changed yet.
Yes, a fix is in place for this glitch
Quote:Think the same with metascore (when clicking on Top 250) on movie main view...
EDIT:
But couldn't test this also out cause i pushed the legacy tags button very often on/off for testing and now i also get errors on every scrape:

text:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht. ---> System.Exception: TMDb is unavailable!
   bei Media_Companion.TMDb.Fetch()
   bei Media_Companion.Movie.RescrapeSpecific(RescrapeList rl)
   bei Media_Companion.Movies.BatchRescrapeSpecific(List`1 NfoFilenames, RescrapeList rl)
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   bei System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   bei System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   bei Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
   bei Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Then went back to Media Companion 3.727b x64 and everything worked great again
Not sure why that happened. I'd be interested if someone can check and see whether this is a movie nfo glitch, a MC moviecache.xml glitch.

I can't reproduce it.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - the_bo - 2019-03-04

(2019-03-04, 10:47)vbat99 Wrote: Yes, if no concensus availbale then IMDb outline will be stored instead.

Is there anyway to have the outline remain unchanged if it doesn't find RT consensus. Maybe a tick box option.

I have all my outlines in my nfos already. I have shortened them down as the IMDb outline can be quite long so would prefer not having it changed.

Thanks

(2019-03-04, 16:13)the_bo Wrote:
(2019-03-04, 10:47)vbat99 Wrote: Yes, if no concensus availbale then IMDb outline will be stored instead.

Is there anyway to have the outline remain unchanged if it doesn't find RT consensus. Maybe a tick box option.

I have all my outlines in my nfos already. I have shortened them down as the IMDb outline can be quite long so would prefer not having it changed.

Thanks

What about Batch Rescrape, and put a tick in the box that says
Scrape Only Empty tags, and unselect all that you do not want to rescrape.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MonSoon12 - 2019-03-05

Okay, thanks for taking the time to look into the issue.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-03-05

New Release.
Media Companion 3.729b
Date: 2019-03-05

Fix logic glitch when removal of legacy tags was introduced, and other minor bugs/feature.

New:
  • Movie - New option to double click wall poster to play movie. Option in Movie Preferences, General tab. Enabled is default.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fix not displaying Rating/Votes in MC Browser tab after new Disable Legacy option introduced.
  • Movie - Update Kodi TMDB scraper.
  • Movie - Fix logic error on Votes/Ratings. Always show Primary rating/votes in movie browser tab.
  • TV - Fix if one Root folder not selected to scrape, no scraping would occur.
  • TV - Fix if cancel episode scraping, data would remain valid till next search for new episodes.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.729b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - huttdes - 2019-03-05

Just a suggestion.... with all the real estate above and below the poster and fanart on the main page. Any though of pushing these to the top or bottom and creating another pane that would also display all the fanart.tv artwork at the same time?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-03-05

(2019-03-05, 14:23)huttdes Wrote: Image

Just a suggestion.... with all the real estate above and below the poster and fanart on the main page. Any though of pushing these to the top or bottom and creating another pane that would also display all the fanart.tv artwork at the same time?
You're looking at the program maximised we have to work with a program at it's minimal setting which doesn't have that extra real estate so it can't be done sorry