Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MonSoon12 - 2019-03-07

Hi vbat99,

Thanks for the quick new release. Can confirm no issues with rating or votes when scraping new movies.

I may have come across another issue.
I scraped a new tv show and the ratings and votes do not appear.
I also attempted:
1) To manually add the ratings and votes via right click and they do not save.
2) Manually edit an existing tv show's rating and votes via right click and it wipes out the previous ratings & votes.

This issue seems to effect only the TV show details/information. Still able to scrap votes & ratings for individual episodes.

Rescraping the tv show with the previous version 3.7.2.7, reveals the rating and votes.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2019-03-08

vbat99,

How is it that using MC allows me to scrape and get ratings 99.9% of the time, but skinhelper sometimes doesnt show the same ratings?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-03-08

Well I don't know where skin helper is getting it's data from maybe @chrissix can chime in here.
(2019-03-08, 02:18)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

How is it that using MC allows me to scrape and get ratings 99.9% of the time, but skinhelper sometimes doesnt show the same ratings?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2019-03-08

(2019-03-08, 04:08)vbat99 Wrote: Well I don't know where skin helper is getting it's data from maybe @chrissix can chime in here.

To the best of my knowledge OMDb

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-03-08

(2019-03-08, 04:09)Edworld Wrote:
(2019-03-08, 04:08)vbat99 Wrote: Well I don't know where skin helper is getting it's data from maybe @chrissix can chime in here.

MC gets IMDb ratings/votes from IMDb
TMDb ratings/votes from TMDb
Rotten Tomato data comes from OMDb

Why not IMDb from OMDb? Cause the data from OMDb is anywhere from 2 to 7 days old some times.
I can't recall exactly how often the admin updates the data from IMDb, but it's not live data.
Also, Rotten Tomato data is supplied to OMDb via a third party. Not sure how often that is updated, but OMDb is the only location where we can get RT data.
Hope that is of some help.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-03-08

(2019-03-08, 09:57)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-03-08, 04:09)Edworld Wrote:

Why not IMDb from OMDb? Cause the data from OMDb is anywhere from 2 to 7 days old some times.
I can't recall exactly how often the admin updates the data from IMDb, but it's not live data.
Also, Rotten Tomato data is supplied to OMDb via a third party. Not sure how often that is updated, but OMDb is the only location where we can get RT data.
@Edworld 

... just as @vbat99  described it.

I compared hundreds of entries from RottenTomatoes about SkinHelper and MediaCompanion. It always agreed.

Can you give me examples? Movies? TV shows?

There are 2 exceptions that can lead to errors, but that is because of the skin programming and there is currently no other way.
If RottenTomatos is 100% or 0%, the skin may misinterpret the data.

(2019-03-08, 21:34)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-03-08, 09:57)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-03-08, 04:09)Edworld Wrote: To the best of my knowledge OMDb 

@Edworld 

... just as @vbat99  described it.

I compared hundreds of entries from RottenTomatoes about SkinHelper and MediaCompanion. It always agreed.

Can you give me examples? Movies? TV shows?

There are 2 exceptions that can lead to errors, but that is because of the skin programming and there is currently no other way.

Of the 850+ movies i would say about 30 of them do not return tomato ratings via skinhelper. Using MC I would say that maybe 1 movie doesnt have rating on nfo file.

I have scanned all my movies about 3 times after MC added this option. I assume that some ratings via skinhelper dissapear while with MC if they get scrapped once is enough to have ratings in nfo file.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-03-08

Feature Request: Fast management of alternative movie versions in the movie title (and/or original, sort) as suffix

I have a lot of alternative movie versions and for that the separate movie identifyer is doing a very good job at problem free scraping. This are my most common:

About 20% of my libarry are alternative movie versions, it was also the deciding reason to switch to .nfo's years ago, because with the standard scrapers that's the horror.

To make everything distinguishable:
On normal movies the filename is "Moviename (Year).ext" and the title "Moviename"
On alternative movie versions the filename is "Moviename (Movieversion) (Year).ext" and the title "Moviename (Movieversion)"
(Some, like me, put the alternative movie version in brackets, some do not)

My idea would be in the main movie view, to the right of the title, to integrate a drop down menu that take the list of the separate movie idendifyer,
and when I click on an entry in the list, it puts it as suffix in the title
-> then push save button to apply.
Optional: also sorttitle, originaltitle
Optional: with or without brackets

Something like this:

It would simplify alternative movie version management and also save a lot of clicks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Karellen - 2019-03-09

@chrissix

FYI, coming in v19... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14972

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-03-09

That looks very interesting, as long as there can be a tag for the nfo I could make this work very easily

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-03-09

(2019-03-09, 00:10)Karellen Wrote: @chrissix

FYI, coming in v19... 14972(PR)

Thanks for the information, I know the thread and the experimental feature. Not yet known to me that there is already a ticket for the next kodi version.

TMDB has also planned to make it available via API, the tickets and milestones are created, but how much it is already developed is unknown.
https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/5a70dc6fc3a36847e4018880
https://tmdb.lighthouseapp.com/projects/83076-website/tickets/470-Support-multiple-versions-of-a-movie-cuts-anniversary-editions-3D#ticket-470
https://trello.com/c/P5Na2p9f/19-support-multiple-versions-of-a-movie-cuts-anniversary-editions-3d

It might be a good idea for those who develop the new feature in Kodi to team up with TMDB developers to make it work hand in hand.

Until then (kodi 19, remastered tmdb api) a few years will pass ....

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - JanM201 - 2019-03-09

Hi @vbat99 
What's the best way to install the new version (To keep my old settings, scraped movies etc.)
Not sure how to do this. Do I just extract the new version & copy the settings folder over from the old version?
Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2019-03-09

(2019-03-09, 01:55)JanM201 Wrote: Hi @vbat99 
What's the best way to install the new version (To keep my old settings, scraped movies etc.)
Not sure how to do this. Do I just extract the new version & copy the settings folder over from the old version?
Thanks.
yes, copy settings folder over

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2019-03-09

(2019-03-08, 21:34)chrissix Wrote: Can you give me examples? Movies? TV shows?

Chunking express is in MC not in SHS

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-03-09

I'm not able to scrape new Episodes in new version 3.729b x64
(It also makes no difference if i choose "Use TVDb api V1" or not in checkmark)

Back to version 3.727b x64 all is fine.