Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Nerls - 2019-04-09

Quote: Sorry no, Media Companion needs access to the artwork and nfo, which are with the Show/Movie on the external drive.
Alright, thank you!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - huttdes - 2019-04-09

(2019-04-09, 20:53)vbat99 Wrote: Actually found a solution as I did a reply on this thread there was a box underneath the post button that I put a chicken and saying email me with updates for this thread and since then I'm getting emails yay

That box has been and was ticked for me for a long time... still stopped. But now that I did what I mentioned I got a notification for the last 2 posts... even without my chicken, LOL.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Karellen - 2019-04-10

Sounds like the notification is fixed.

Love the "chicken" auto-correct.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-04-14

Is the TvShow and Episode ratings, votes, tags erase wipe out when changing open/locked status fixed?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-04-14

(2019-04-14, 20:55)chrissix Wrote: Is the TvShow and Episode ratings, votes, tags erase wipe out when changing open/locked status fixed?
I will I get my ass of the gear and put out a new release that will be

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-04-14

(2019-04-14, 21:33)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 20:55)chrissix Wrote: Is the TvShow and Episode ratings, votes, tags erase wipe out when changing open/locked status fixed?
I will I get my ass of the gear and put out a new release that will be 
Since the bug became known I do not make a single click on TvShows any more, if data get erased anyway.
Do not stress, as always: real life first.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - grendelrt - 2019-04-15

Quick question, I have locked all my shows that have ended so they are not part of the scraping process. Is there a way to "lock" movies after they have been scraped so they do not process each time I run a scrape?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-04-15

(2019-04-15, 00:49)grendelrt Wrote: Quick question, I have locked all my shows that have ended so they are not part of the scraping process. Is there a way to "lock" movies after they have been scraped so they do not process each time I run a scrape?

As far as i know only the movie set info can be locked on rescrape movies.
In most cases, i hold down the CTRL key and mark what I need, or use sort and filter functions.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - grendelrt - 2019-04-15

(2019-04-15, 11:43)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-04-15, 00:49)grendelrt Wrote: Quick question, I have locked all my shows that have ended so they are not part of the scraping process. Is there a way to "lock" movies after they have been scraped so they do not process each time I run a scrape?

In most cases, i hold down the CTRL key and mark what I need, or use sort and filter functions.
Yeah I am trying to use a batch file to scan my media a couple times a day for changes and was trying to avoid doing all movies each time. Thanks for the reply though [emoji3]

(2019-04-15, 14:11)grendelrt Wrote:
(2019-04-15, 11:43)chrissix Wrote:

Yeah I am trying to use a batch file to scan my media a couple times a day for changes and was trying to avoid doing all movies each time. Thanks for the reply though [emoji3] 
Found a solution that works for me, figured I would post it in case someone else needed it. I just did a batch copy of .nomedia files to all existing movie subfolders inside the main movie folder. This removes them from the scan, every once in a while I will just update the sub folders again when the scan starts running long (or add it as a cron job on my server). Current scan was minutes long, now its seconds with the actual scraping movie info included.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-04-16

(2019-04-15, 20:47)grendelrt Wrote: scan starts running long

If you're using also "sub sub folders" in your library you can exclude them all in MC, makes update lot lot faster.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-04-20

Answer to this is you can't.
Media Companion compares movies found during Search for New with movies already in MC's database, and moves to the next if already exists.
Adding .nomedia files will definitely speed up searching for new movies, but will remove Movies from MC on a Refresh All if a .nomedia is found in the folder.

What I do is have a Temp movie folder that MC searches and scrapes, and I manually move the Movie to the main movie folder when I am satisfied all the data is how I want it.

You can have this as well, as a recent release allowed to search a specific folder for new movies by right click on the Search for New button

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2019-04-22

Thought I would throw this out...

Thorne: Scaredycat will not scrape.

I assume because of the ":"

All other movies before and after scrape with no issues

Any guess why?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-04-22

(2019-04-22, 02:08)artistwantab Wrote: Thought I would throw this out...

Any guess why?

That is because Thorne: Scaredycat is not on TMDb site at all.
Temporarily disable XBMC TMDb scraper, and scrape this from IMDb.
(enable TMDb scraper afterwards).

And, as it isn't on TMDb, there is no Fanart available. Either use MC to get one from the video, or also in MC, you can paste a url for a Fanart Image and MC will put it with the Video file.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2019-04-22

(2019-04-22, 02:45)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-04-22, 02:08)artistwantab Wrote: Thought I would throw this out...

Any guess why?

That is because Thorne: Scaredycat is not on TMDb site at all.
Temporarily disable XBMC TMDb scraper, and scrape this from IMDb.
(enable TMDb scraper afterwards).

And, as it isn't on TMDb, there is no Fanart available. Either use MC to get one from the video, or also in MC, you can paste a url for a Fanart Image and MC will put it with the Video file. 
Thanks.

I didn't realize when I clicked "change movie" and went to IMDB site I was still scrapping via TMDB.

Thanks again!