Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bsoriano - 2019-05-01

(2019-05-01, 00:10)vbat99 Wrote: Hey Bart, not sure what went on there unless something corrupted your config. XML file.
Checked if you see your source is still under the movie folder and in the TV series work folders.
The nfo for movies and TV series and episodes should still be with those video files so you might need to just re add the root folders and refresh all
@vbat99 , it's still behaving weirdly.  I deleted the config.xml file after quitting MC.  Then opened MC, changed just one thing in preferences (the player for videos) and quit MC.  I opened the config.xml and the change was there.  Closed the config.xml file.  Then, I opened MC again.  The change in preferences was not there anymore, it's as if on open, it is rewriting the config.xml file.  Any clues? Thanks.

Next I will delete all files in the MC folder and copy them from the install folder and try again to see what happens.  Where is the log for MC?

EDIT: That seems to have worked.  Can I just restore the "Cache" and "Settings" folders (without the config.xml) from the backup I made?

Regards,

Bart

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-05-01

(2019-05-01, 00:33)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-05-01, 00:10)vbat99 Wrote: Hey Bart, not sure what went on there unless something corrupted your config. XML file.
Checked if you see your source is still under the movie folder and in the TV series work folders.
The nfo for movies and TV series and episodes should still be with those video files so you might need to just re add the root folders and refresh all
@vbat99 , it's still behaving weirdly.  I deleted the config.xml file after quitting MC.  Then opened MC, changed just one thing in preferences (the player for videos) and quit MC.  I opened the config.xml and the change was there.  Closed the config.xml file.  Then, I opened MC again.  The change in preferences was not there anymore, it's as if on open, it is rewriting the config.xml file.  Any clues? Thanks.

Next I will delete all files in the MC folder and copy them from the install folder and try again to see what happens.  Where is the log for MC?

EDIT: That seems to have worked.  Can I just restore the "Cache" and "Settings" folders (without the config.xml) from the backup I made?

Regards,

Bart
Well unfortunately your movie paths and TV series paths are all stored in the config XML file so without restoring the config you'll have to add in the paths again which means MC will overwrite the cache files.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - melons2 - 2019-05-10

Is there a way to configure this so that the DVD art can be named disc.png or what ever I want it to be?
I believe right now it names those arts as "discart.*" unfortunately the skin I am using doesn't see discart.* but does see disc.*

Thank you

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-05-12

(2019-05-10, 23:07)melons2 Wrote: Is there a way to configure this so that the DVD art can be named disc.png or what ever I want it to be?
I believe right now it names those arts as "discart.*" unfortunately the skin I am using doesn't see discart.* but does see disc.*

Thank you

Media Companion use to call this disc.png, but it was changed to match what should be expected.
discart.png is the correct naming of this artwork.
I would suggest the skin dev incorporate both formats if they wish to use the old disc.png format.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-05-12

(2019-05-10, 23:07)melons2 Wrote: Is there a way to configure this so that the DVD art can be named disc.png or what ever I want it to be?
"Discart" is the convention name since a few years (think sice krypton realeased) ...all other is legacy
Point 1.7: https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Movie_.22discart.22
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331822&pid=2734991#pid2734991

I guess you are using some of the newest Aeon MQ Skins... naming conventions have to work there too.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - huttdes - 2019-05-19

Questions for TV shows.

In TV Preferences general which of the 4 settings are you using for actors for the best results?

With the autocreate screenshot option... This is pulling a screen shot from a few seconds in. Is there a way to change this? For many shows I will get the exact same screen shot for every episode with this setting.

Also, why are all the actor images so small compared to movie actors? All my actors are only 300x450... movies I see up to 1000x1500

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-05-19

(2019-05-19, 19:03)huttdes Wrote: Questions for TV shows.

In TV Preferences general which of the 4 settings are you using for actors for the best results?
That is personal choice. IMDb actor images are larger, but may not be clean images of the actors.
(2019-05-19, 19:03)huttdes Wrote: With the autocreate screenshot option... This is pulling a screen shot from a few seconds in. Is there a way to change this? For many shows I will get the exact same screen shot for every episode with this setting.
Go to Preferences -> Common Settings. There you will find the default Auto screen-shot delay value. which you can change, and it will become the default.
(2019-05-19, 19:03)huttdes Wrote: Also, why are all the actor images so small compared to movie actors? All my actors are only 300x450... movies I see up to 1000x1500
TVDb actor images are locked at 300x450, where as TMDb and IMDb actor images are larger. Why?? It was set at TheTVDb site at this resolution probably for capacity of images...just guessing.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - melons2 - 2019-05-20

Another question I can't figure out.....

When I started using this great program, I added movie folders and scanned and it worked right away!!

My TV shows are structured as such: F:\Television Shows\American Horror Story\Season 1\American horror story s01e01.avi   ..............as an example. There are about 30 TV Shows all structured the same under F:\Television Shows\ as above.
I have tried adding TV folders to the TV Shows....folders page every way imaginable and can't get it to see them and then scrape them..................what am I doing wrong?

Sorry for another elementary question..............

Thank you!

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-05-20

Add F:\television shows\ to the left hand list of root tv folders.
Then in the right hand list at the bottom, click the button that says add series from root folder.
This should then populate all the TV series into the right hand list.
Click save

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - in10se_ - 2019-05-20

@vbat99 

Hello and thank you so much for this amazing tool!

Since newest Kodi version I am running into a problem with Kodi and trakt.tv plugin.

Movie:
Logan (2017)
Logan [Noir Edition] (2017)

the first movie trakt.tv recognizes it is "Logan" and adds it to library and/or mark it as watched.

Second movie it doesn't recognize as movie anymore. It was working perfectly fine with Kodi 17 and old trakt.tv plugin.

The coder of the plugin wrote me that:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220547&pid=2855618#pid2855618

But it is hard for me to add this manually to all the nfo files of my movies.

Is there an option in newest MediaCompanion to make it work again?

I am happy to read your thoughts! Thank you for this tool!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - melons2 - 2019-05-20

(2019-05-20, 02:08)vbat99 Wrote: Add F:\television shows\ to the left hand list of root tv folders.
Then in the right hand list at the bottom, click the button that says add series from root folder.
This should then populate all the TV series into the right hand list.
Click save
Perfect!
Thank you

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-05-20

(2019-05-20, 18:34)in10se_ Wrote: @vbat99 

Hello and thank you so much for this amazing tool!

Since newest Kodi version I am running into a problem with Kodi and trakt.tv plugin.

Movie:
Logan (2017)
Logan [Noir Edition] (2017)

the first movie trakt.tv recognizes it is "Logan" and adds it to library and/or mark it as watched.

Second movie it doesn't recognize as movie anymore. It was working perfectly fine with Kodi 17 and old trakt.tv plugin.

The coder of the plugin wrote me that:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220547&pid=2855618#pid2855618

But it is hard for me to add this manually to all the nfo files of my movies.

Is there an option in newest MediaCompanion to make it work again?

I am happy to read your thoughts! Thank you for this tool!

Interesting...I thought I had added uniqueid tag, but found it was only every added to Tv Episode nfo's.

I will add this to Movie and Series nfo's for the next release.

As for the [Noir Edition] , there was talk about Kodi 19 supporting this out of the box. But nothing was mentioned if there was going to be a special nfo tag.
See this thread. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337992

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - in10se_ - 2019-05-20

@vbat99

Same with tb shows. Seems like the plug in is always using the title as search parameter on Trakt.tv.

If something is in the title

The Bridge (2011)
Archer (2009)

It doesn't find the show and therefore can't scrobble or add it to the library.

Lol, seams like we posted at the same time. Thanks for looking into it and many thanks for trying to implement it.

Please don't get me wrong, I just ask to guess how long it will take until I can use my library again: when are u planing in releasing the new version.

Thanks for the post about versions. Seems like this is not working with my aero skin Sad.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - huttdes - 2019-05-20

How do I add 'custom' TV shows?

I have some TV shows with lots of extras ripped from dvd's... so many in fact I simply made them their own show.
For example... 'Family Guy Extras'
Complete with seasons and episodes just like any other tv show... nfo, artwork etc.
I did this awhile ago when I was still using MediaElch....
They worked fine with Kodi but MC3 doesn't seem to like them as much.

One show is showing all the seasons but no individual episodes...
One is showing seasons and episodes but listing each episode 3 times and also merging with one other show for some reason...

Even if I have to start all over with these what is the best route to take?
Worse case scenerio I could throw these files in 'extras' folders but I plan on editing 1000's of home videos and making them accessible as a tv series so I need to know how to do this properly with MC3

EDIT>>>> In the folders tab under list of series folders I added the shows manually one by one.
Then in the main browser I did a refresh from nfo.
This is at least letting me browse everything properly and showing the artwork and screen thumbs.
One remaining issue is each show is listing twice... also now that I just added a 3rd show it interfered with the first one I added.
Show one is now showing the seasons from show 3 but displaying no episodes... hopefully that wasn't too confusing to understand...
But why is this happening??