Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-06-03

(2019-06-03, 00:47)mataus19 Wrote: @vbat99 
Firstly thanks for the work you put in to this excellent software!

I just have a few queries... is there anyway way to allow MC to rename TV Show folders like it does with movies?

Also is there any way for MC to create individual season folders and automatically allocate the relevant episodes in to them? I've looked for the options in 'TV Preferences - General / Scraper'.

Thanks!
A much requested feature and one I will be working on for the following release. So not the next release out in a couple of days, probably the one after that.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mataus19 - 2019-06-05

(2019-06-03, 04:56)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-06-03, 00:47)mataus19 Wrote: @vbat99 
Firstly thanks for the work you put in to this excellent software!

I just have a few queries... is there anyway way to allow MC to rename TV Show folders like it does with movies?

Also is there any way for MC to create individual season folders and automatically allocate the relevant episodes in to them? I've looked for the options in 'TV Preferences - General / Scraper'.

Thanks!
A much requested feature and one I will be working on for the following release. So not the next release out in a couple of days, probably the one after that.

Great news! Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - in10se_ - 2019-06-07

(2019-06-03, 04:55)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-05-31, 22:06)in10se_ Wrote: Tested some other versions. I don't find the working one. But I promise you, it was working fine. I did a rescrape maybe a month ago, and it worked.

Normally it should ignore the [....]-Parts and just search with the "regular" title for trailers, right?

Next release will fix this issue. Hoping to get one out in the next few days. 

On behalf of my TV Shows and Movies: Thank you very much! This software is really awesome!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-06-09

New Release.
Media Companion 3.732b
Date: 2019-06-09

Few more annoying bugs squashed.

New:
  • TV - Support Change Series originally scraped from TMDB. NB Series must be scraped from a specific source, not for changing sources eg from TVDB to TMDB
  • TV - Add TMDb to Webtab option, if selected tv series has TMDb Id
  • Movie - Make fully portable added option to Movie Preferences, Advanced tab, store moviesetdatabase.xml instead into 'Settings' folder.

Fixed:
  • mc_com - Fix if ESC key pressed.
  • MC - Add stream detail framerate to nfo.
  • MC - Export XBMC/Kodi format fix for illegal characters in series title.
  • MC - Take Audio Channel(s) as default count of Channels, Else use Channel(s)_Original.
  • Movie - Fix rescrape specific option Tmdb Set (complete), not getting TMDB Set Id for a movie.
  • Movie - Hide MovieSet button on Fanart.TV tab if not in a collection.
  • Movie - Remove 'General' filter from being disabled from Configure filter panel.
  • Movie - Incorporate "uniqueid" tag in nfo.
  • Movie - Fix if Drive letter is Root movie folder, eg M:\
  • Movie - Fix get movie trailer URL if Special version in Movie title, eg Dune Extended-Edition would fail to get a Trailer URL.
  • TV - Incorporate "uniqueid" in nfo.
  • TV - Fix if Change Statue from Un-Verified when series scraped from TMDb.
  • TV - TMDB Scrape to use TVDb language, not the language set on Movie Preferences.
  • TV - Only lock Series, display message if the Series is not Selected.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.732b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-06-09

(2019-06-09, 07:29)vbat99 Wrote: Media Companion 3.732b

Great fix in the new version. Everything is running smoothly so far.
___
Only visually:
I noticed that the image preview of "Set Poster" and "Set Animated Poster/Movie Animated Poster" is different.
Animated is much bigger and cropped at the top. Maybe you can made uniform in the next version.
___
Also only visually just a thought:
I do not know since when the buttons "Open IMDB weblink" for movies and "Open TVDB weblink" for tvshows is there. I noticed it just now. It's great, i have wished for a long time. But i would have thought on movies then it's placed exactly where can open the TMDB link.
Maybe could make the access to the TMDB link (+set) and IMDB link uniform. Either all in the drop down menu, or in the top bar, or both.
Maybe also a IMDB weblink (button or dopdown menu) for TvShows could be added.

I use the links function very often, as my scraping language is in German, but for movies i want to use English taglines (from the original English posters) and therefore always manually paste/copy from the websites.
Also always check the studio manually and choose a studio where a studio logo in the Kodi Studio Logos addon is deposited to see a studio graphic in kodi and avoid gaps.
___
Also just a thought that would be practically for this cases:

...some people (myself included) are on fanart.tv content creators. On same time when i scrape something i also create often arts to fill some gaps or create better looking ones.
To contribute content we have to go directly to the fanart.tv homepage. The access directly to the fanart.tv sites is often awkward.
The internal search function of fanart.tv is poor. Mostly it is best to use the google search function.
Sometimes that does not help, then only manual copying of the TMDB ID (for movies) or TVDB ID for series directly into the fanart.tv address line will help.
Meanwhile, it is always fastest to copy directly the ID's in fanart tv address bar.

...sometimes the API access (fanart.tv button in MC) is very slow or not functional at all. Probably due to overload of the API, think it's not up to MC.
Once that is the case I copy the Arts manually from the page. And this always works because it does not run through the API.

...sometimes (very rarely) when scrape the fanart.tv arts are not scraped. Mostly when pressing on "rescrape specific -> Artwork from fanart.tv" solves the problem, but then i often do it manually.

...on the fanart.tv button in MC i can not see which Arts are assigned which language, at the homepage for sure.

Therefore, it would be really useful to install a direct link to fanart.tv.

These links can be easily autogenerated:
Movies: https://fanart.tv/movie/TMDBmovieID
Movie Sets: https://fanart.tv/movie/TMDBmoviesetID
TvShows: https://fanart.tv/series/TVDBtvshowID

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - in10se_ - 2019-06-09

Sorry, just read it: Will create a ticket.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - leejk - 2019-06-10

Hi,

Just installed the new version, and got an error when it tried to scrape the trailer for this movie. I'm guessing that there is simply no trailer url to be found for this movie?

1 new movie found in [Z:\movies\Passengers (2016)]

A total of 1 new movie found -> Starting Main Scraper Process...

Scraping Title: Passengers
Movie Body Scraped OK
HD Tags Added OK
TMDb Actors scraped:- 35
Actor images not set to download
Getting Trailer URL!!! Error - Running action [Get trailer URL] threw [String cannot be of zero length.
Parameter name: oldValue]

Finished

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-06-10

(2019-06-10, 00:19)leejk Wrote: Hi,

Just installed the new version, and got an error when it tried to scrape the trailer for this movie. I'm guessing that there is simply no trailer url to be found for this movie?

1 new movie found in [Z:\movies\Passengers (2016)]

A total of 1 new movie found -> Starting Main Scraper Process...

Scraping Title: Passengers
Movie Body Scraped OK
HD Tags Added OK
TMDb Actors scraped:- 35
Actor images not set to download
Getting Trailer URL!!! Error - Running action [Get trailer URL] threw [String cannot be of zero length.
Parameter name: oldValue]

Finished
Yes I have been commented that there's an issue word trailer url's I'll have to have a look at that later tonight and will update

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-06-10

(2019-06-09, 12:28)chrissix Wrote: Great fix in the new version. Everything is running smoothly so far.
___
Only visually:
I noticed that the image preview of "Set Poster" and "Set Animated Poster/Movie Animated Poster" is different.
Animated is much bigger and cropped at the top. Maybe you can made uniform in the next version.
___
Will look into this, but I have no animated poster or fanart at this time
(2019-06-09, 12:28)chrissix Wrote: Also only visually just a thought:
I do not know since when the buttons "Open IMDB weblink" for movies and "Open TVDB weblink" for tvshows is there. I noticed it just now. It's great, i have wished for a long time. But i would have thought on movies then it's placed exactly where can open the TMDB link.
Maybe could make the access to the TMDB link (+set) and IMDB link uniform. Either all in the drop down menu, or in the top bar, or both.
Maybe also a IMDB weblink (button or dopdown menu) for TvShows could be added.

I use the links function very often, as my scraping language is in German, but for movies i want to use English taglines (from the original English posters) and therefore always manually paste/copy from the websites.
Also always check the studio manually and choose a studio where a studio logo in the Kodi Studio Logos addon is deposited to see a studio graphic in kodi and avoid gaps.
___
Right click the Web Browser tab Title, to switch between TMDB and IMDb.
Same for TV section
Right click the web browser tab will cycle through TVDb, IMDb, and if there is a TMDBID, also TMDB

I never noticed the links in the context menu till you pointed them out. I believe the only one relevant is the TMDB Set tab, as I mentioned the user can cycle through the TMDB/IMDB options on what site to open movie info about.
(2019-06-09, 12:28)chrissix Wrote: Also just a thought that would be practically for this cases:

...some people (myself included) are on fanart.tv content creators. On same time when i scrape something i also create often arts to fill some gaps or create better looking ones.
To contribute content we have to go directly to the fanart.tv homepage. The access directly to the fanart.tv sites is often awkward.
The internal search function of fanart.tv is poor. Mostly it is best to use the google search function.
Sometimes that does not help, then only manual copying of the TMDB ID (for movies) or TVDB ID for series directly into the fanart.tv address line will help.
Meanwhile, it is always fastest to copy directly the ID's in fanart tv address bar.

...sometimes the API access (fanart.tv button in MC) is very slow or not functional at all. Probably due to overload of the API, think it's not up to MC.
Once that is the case I copy the Arts manually from the page. And this always works because it does not run through the API.

...sometimes (very rarely) when scrape the fanart.tv arts are not scraped. Mostly when pressing on "rescrape specific -> Artwork from fanart.tv" solves the problem, but then i often do it manually.

...on the fanart.tv button in MC i can not see which Arts are assigned which language, at the homepage for sure.

Therefore, it would be really useful to install a direct link to fanart.tv.

These links can be easily autogenerated:
Movies: https://fanart.tv/movie/TMDBmovieID
Movie Sets: https://fanart.tv/movie/TMDBmoviesetID
TvShows: https://fanart.tv/series/TVDBtvshowID

Done for next release.
For Movie, select tvfanart tab, If there is no button to change between movie and movie set images, then right click the tab name "Fanart.TV"
Else, right click the button that switches between movie and movie set images.
If the button says "Show Movie Set Artwork", MC will open a web browser at Fanart.Tv for the Movie images.
If the button says "Show Movie artwork", MC will open a web browser at Fanart.TV for Movie Set Images.

Thats the best I can do at this time.

New Release.
Media Companion 3.733b
Date: 2019-06-10

Few more annoying bugs squashed.

Same as last build, but with Movie Trailer URL error fixed, as two new feature requests.

New:
  • TV - add r-click options to Fanart.TV tab to open Link to Series on Fanart.TV in local Web Browser.
  • Movie - Add r-click option to Fanart.TV to open link to Movie on Fanart.TV in local Web Browser. NB. If Movie in a collection, r-click the toggle button Will open link of Movie or Movie Collection on Fanart.Tv
  • TV - Support Change Series originally scraped from TMDB. NB Series must be scraped from a specific source, not for changing sources eg from TVDB to TMDB
  • TV - Add TMDb to Webtab option, if selected tv series has TMDb Id
  • Movie - Make fully portable added option to Movie Preferences, Advanced tab, store moviesetdatabase.xml instead into 'Settings' folder.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fix getting Trailer URL.
  • mc_com - Fix if ESC key pressed.
  • MC - Add stream detail framerate to nfo.
  • MC - Export XBMC/Kodi format fix for illegal characters in series title.
  • MC - Take Audio Channel(s) as default count of Channels, Else use Channel(s)_Original.
  • Movie - Fix rescrape specific option Tmdb Set (complete), not getting TMDB Set Id for a movie.
  • Movie - Hide MovieSet button on Fanart.TV tab if not in a collection.
  • Movie - Remove 'General' filter from being disabled from Configure filter panel.
  • Movie - Incorporate "uniqueid" tag in nfo.
  • Movie - Fix if Drive letter is Root movie folder, eg M:\
  • Movie - Fix get movie trailer URL if Special version in Movie title, eg Dune Extended-Edition would fail to get a Trailer URL.
  • TV - Incorporate "uniqueid" in nfo.
  • TV - Fix if Change Statue from Un-Verified when series scraped from TMDb.
  • TV - TMDB Scrape to use TVDb language, not the language set on Movie Preferences.
  • TV - Only lock Series, display message if the Series is not Selected.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.733b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-06-12

@vbat99 

I'm still now on testing and discovered one major issue.

Since the 4th June 2019 the rating "rotten tomatoes audience score (rating & votes)" isn't working anymore.
The "rotten tomatoes critics score aka tomatoemeter (rating & votes)" is working as before.

I also tested out with 5 MC versions backwards, same result. Also changed valid OMDB API keys, same result.
Think it's definitely a change to the OMDB API. Unfortunately nothing was announced in this on the homepage.
http://www.omdbapi.com/

I can definitively limit the date to 4 June 2019 since i've been scraping every day before and after.
Do you have any way to test out if this dataset would still be accessible somehow?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2019-06-12

(2019-06-12, 01:57)chrissix Wrote: @vbat99 

I'm still now on testing and discovered one major issue.

Since the 4th June 2019 the rating "rotten tomatoes audience score (rating & votes)" isn't working anymore.
The "rotten tomatoes critics score aka tomatoemeter (rating & votes)" is working as before.

I also tested out with 5 MC versions backwards, same result. Also changed valid OMDB API keys, same result.
Think it's definitely a change to the OMDB API. Unfortunately nothing was announced in this on the homepage.
http://www.omdbapi.com/

I can definitively limit the date to 4 June 2019 since i've been scraping every day before and after.
Do you have any way to test out if this dataset would still be accessible somehow?
I believe something changed with audience ratings, but it is still working with some movies. I use listitemhelper with confluence zeitgeist, and I am getting ratings on some movies after deleting the cache file.

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-06-12

Honestly it could be just an issue that he's unable to get the doctor to populate for movies from that date in June.
I think we just have to let it ride and see if it corrects itself a bit later on, but I'll have a look tonight just to see if that data is being dropped no way I can test back past that and date though.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - poelock - 2019-06-12

In General Movie Prefs i have Get FolderSize for Movie(s) and Enable 'Delete Movie Folder' context option Enabled.  However if I go to the Main Browser and right click Delete Movie Folder or a Ctrl D it does nothing...am I missing something?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2019-06-12

I recently bought a vero 4k+ to access my library remotely.

The vero 4k+ can connect to my windows 10 computer by using hanewin which is a NFS server. The problem is that I have local nfo's and these point to a centralized c: folder that has all my actors. The line in the nfo is c:\actors and that is a path that the vero 4k through NFS server doesn't recognize.

Other than re-scanning my entire library and having actors folder by movie, is there a setting / option in MC that can store the actors centralized, and add a line at the end of actors path to point to a url in tmdb?

TIA