Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - kaczy44 - 2019-06-15

(2019-06-14, 23:28)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 22:02)kaczy44 Wrote: Hi,
I noticed in recent versions that there is no <rating> tag in .nfo files anymore (for example: <rating>6.3</rating>). This is breaking my Emby server where ratings are not showing due this issue. It seems that last version which this tag exist is 3.7.2.7. Is there any possibility to bring it back in further versions?
Thanks.

In the notes of MC 3.728
  • MC - Add Option to not save legacy tags <rating>, <votes> & <metascore> in nfo. Default is Enabled.
Go Preferences -> Common Settings, and look just below Screenshot delay area. Unselect the option Don't save Legacy Rating/Vote/Metascore in nfo 
Thank you very much!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2019-06-16

(2019-06-13, 04:00)Edworld Wrote:
(2019-06-13, 00:36)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-06-12, 23:26)Edworld Wrote: I recently bought a vero 4k+ to access my library remotely.

The vero 4k+ can connect to my windows 10 computer by using hanewin which is a NFS server. The problem is that I have local nfo's and these point to a centralized c: folder that has all my actors. The line in the nfo is c:\actors and that is a path that the vero 4k through NFS server doesn't recognize.

Other than re-scanning my entire library and having actors folder by movie, is there a setting / option in MC that can store the actors centralized, and add a line at the end of actors path to point to a url in tmdb?

TIA
In media companion, actors TAB. There is an area on the right where you select the media companion path to the actors Central folder , and underneath this is the path that is stored in the nfo file for Kodi to search.
You need to add your NFS path to this second Kodi path area so that when the nfo file is read it pulls the actor images from the Central folder path correctly   
It took me a while, but this works.

Thanks  
vbat99,

I have 2 profiles setup - default(movies) and TVShows

I was able to setup the actors folder for movies (tmdb), but unable to do with tvshows actors (tvdb). Local path is c:\ActorThumbsTV and xbmc path is: NFS://192.xxx.xxx.xxx/c/ActorThumbsTV and I am getting the following error: Can not access currently selected central movie artwork folder!

Can it be that the second profile doesn't behave the same way the default? 

Thanks

edit: 3.7.27 allows me to use the path above

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - in10se_ - 2019-06-16

(2019-06-15, 07:50)Karellen Wrote: Those legacy tags are outdated and only function in Kodi for backwards compatibility. They allow only a single rating whereas the current ratings tags allow multiple ratings from various sources. The drive for v19 is for a cleanup in code which may lead a good deal of legacy code being removed.

Having both types in the same nfo file causes conflict.
thank u

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-06-16

(2019-06-16, 04:33)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

I have 2 profiles setup - default(movies) and TVShows

I was able to setup the actors folder for movies (tmdb), but unable to do with tvshows actors (tvdb). Local path is c:\ActorThumbsTV and xbmc path is: NFS://192.xxx.xxx.xxx/c/ActorThumbsTV and I am getting the following error: Can not access currently selected central movie artwork folder!

Can it be that the second profile doesn't behave the same way the default? 

Thanks

edit: 3.7.27 allows me to use the path above

Tested just now with 3.7.3.3, no issue with two profiles, one for Movies, One for TV, pointing to different central actor folders.
Worked no error.

Can not access currently selected central movie artwork folder
Um, that message has to do with central movie set artwork. So disable that for the TV Profile.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - poelock - 2019-06-17

(2019-06-14, 23:20)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-06-13, 15:52)poelock Wrote:
(2019-06-13, 00:33)vbat99 Wrote: I believe this option can only be processed if the movie is in a separate folder or you have enabled all movies are in separate folders  
Don't quite follow.  My structure is ../Movies/MovieName/moviename.mkv
I already have "All Movies are in Folders (allows Extrathumbs)" selected 

Apologies, you must have Use FolderName for scraping enabled, to allow deleting of Movie and Folder.
Next release will be either User Folder Name or All movies in folder. 
Awesome.  Thanks!!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - in10se_ - 2019-06-18

@vbat99 

I have some series which aren't dual language. So for those series I have double episodes (one for english, one for german). Filebot is renaming the files and is including the audio language in the filename with [deu] oder [eng].

Now when I go to kodi it only shows two identical named episodes and I have to guess which one is the german and which one the english one.

I could rename manually the TV shows in Bibi Blocksberg [Eng] and Bibi Blocksberg [Ger], but makes a lot of manual work.

Is there a function of MC equal to the movie function where it automatically filles the title (e.g. "Extended Version" ==> Fight Club [Extended Version]) for the episodes titles? (e.g. "Bibi Blocksbers S01E01 [deu]" ==> Bibi Blocksberg S01E01 - Das Pferderennen [deu])

Or maybe for the whole tv show: Bibi Blocksberg [Eng]

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-06-18

(2019-06-18, 08:52)in10se_ Wrote: @vbat99 

I have some series which aren't dual language. So for those series I have double episodes (one for english, one for german). Filebot is renaming the files and is including the audio language in the filename with [deu] oder [eng].

Now when I go to kodi it only shows two identical named episodes and I have to guess which one is the german and which one the english one.

I could rename manually the TV shows in Bibi Blocksberg [Eng] and Bibi Blocksberg [Ger], but makes a lot of manual work.

Is there a function of MC equal to the movie function where it automatically filles the title (e.g. "Extended Version" ==> Fight Club [Extended Version]) for the episodes titles? (e.g. "Bibi Blocksbers S01E01 [deu]" ==> Bibi Blocksberg S01E01 - Das Pferderennen [deu])

Or maybe for the whole tv show: Bibi Blocksberg [Eng]

From what your are asking, you have a Episode with English Audio track, and a Episode with German audio track.
In Kodi, you can display the stream details, with will indicate what language the audio track of the episode is.
Alternative, and much more cleanly, Use a media tool to have dual audio tracks for the one episode.

But no clean way do do this is Media Companion otherwise.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2019-06-19

Anyone else having an issue scraping trailers in last couple builds?

Lately it seems to rarely be scraping trailers.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-06-19

(2019-06-19, 04:57)artistwantab Wrote: Anyone else having an issue scraping trailers in last couple builds?

Currently we can only get trailers from HD trailers or those being linked to URL from Apple.
We used to get YouTube trailers but currently that's broken for download, thank you YouTube.
I'm trying to work on a fix for that last one so users can still download trailers, but it's complex

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2019-06-19

Thanks for the update.

I will be patient and await the fix.   Great program!!!!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - in10se_ - 2019-06-19

I have a problem with a lot of tv shows not getting ratings. The weirdest thing about it, is that I have some tv shows double. For example:

- Boston Legal
- Boston Legal (720p, wo subs)

Boston legal (720...) has ratings.

Boston Legal has no rating. Even if I rescrape the ratings it doesnt update it or is getting any ratings...

I have this problem with many shows: Archer (2009), Avatar - The Last Airbender, How I met your mother etc.

What can I do or what can it be?

If I rescrape with wizard it popups at the end a window saying: "Initializing TVDb...!!! Initializing TMDB..."

But I can't get any new ratings. Some of the episodes are rated, which is weird, but not the TV show.

I also checked if it has something to do with the option "do not save legacy ratings". But with this checked or unchecked, it doesnt make a difference.

My movies have all ratings, without exceptions.

Here are the NFO of the boston legal example:

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-06-19

Just tested with your Boston Legal xml as posted above.
Added to Media Companion and then did a right-click, Use Rescraper Wizard on this Show
Selected Series Ratings (TVDb)
and ratings scraped correctly.
Snippit
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<tvshow>
    <id>74058</id>
    <state>0</state>
    <title>Boston Legal</title>
    <showtitle>Boston Legal</showtitle>
    <mpaa>TV-14</mpaa>
    <plot>Alan Shore (James Spader) and Denny Crane (William Shatner) lead a phalanx of pricey litigators in a Boston law firm in this series that examines the professional and personal lives of brilliant (and often emotionally stunted) attorneys. For perspective, Brad Chase (Mark Valley) joins the firm to keep an eye on loose-cannon senior partner Crane. Monica Potter, Rhona Mitra and Rene Auberjonois co-star.</plot>
    <imdbid>tt0402711</imdbid>
    <tmdbid>4598</tmdbid>
    <uniqueid type="imdb">tt0402711</uniqueid>
    <uniqueid type="tmdb">4598</uniqueid>
    <uniqueid type="tvdb" default="true">74058</uniqueid>
    <status>Ended</status>
    <runtime>45 min</runtime>
    <ratings>
        <rating name="tvdb" max="10" default="true">
            <value>8.6</value>
            <votes>93</votes>
        </rating>
    </ratings>
    <userrating>0</userrating>
    <year>2004</year>
    <premiered>2004-10-03</premiered>
    <studio>ABC (US)</studio>

Not sure what is happening for you, but I would suggest trying with a clean Media Companion.
eg: rename the Settings folder to Settings.orig
Run MC, and add in the one Series.
Run Batch Rescrape Wizard and selectFor Series to rescrape the TVDB Ratings
FYI for future, wrap the nfo info in the [ code ] bracket for better formatting

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - in10se_ - 2019-06-19

ok, this is working. Thank you. Weird.

Thanks for the tipp with the code too.

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-06-20

So, off topic but frustrating nevertheless.
I found with Tapatalk if I edit a post I get unsubscribed and therefore I don't get emailed when people respond to this thread.
Maybe one of the moderators or spotless post and see if there's anything that can be done with the plugin. Thanks if anybody sees this

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - huttdes - 2019-06-30

(2019-06-19, 05:15)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-06-19, 04:57)artistwantab Wrote: Anyone else having an issue scraping trailers in last couple builds?

Currently we can only get trailers from HD trailers or those being linked to URL from Apple.
We used to get YouTube trailers but currently that's broken for download, thank you YouTube.
I'm trying to work on a fix for that last one so users can still download trailers, but it's complex 

That sucks. For now I've just been doing manually with this Firefox addon Youtube
You can download in 1080p with it.