Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2019-07-03

vbat99,

Have you considered scraping tvshows from tmdb instead of tvdb as an option?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-07-03

(2019-07-03, 01:43)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

That option is already available and mediacompanion.
You can either set 1 folder to be straight from tmdb, or you can create a new TV folder and selected to be from tmdb instead of tvdb, but pressing if F2 while in TV series list

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2019-07-03

(2019-07-03, 02:06)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-07-03, 01:43)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

That option is already available and mediacompanion.
You can either set 1 folder to be straight from tmdb, or you can create a new TV folder and selected to be from tmdb instead of tvdb, but pressing if F2 while in TV series list 
I can't find the option...

Under tvpreferences, I see a box "if series scraped from tmdb...."

All actors from tvdb or imdb but not tmdb

What am I missing?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2019-07-03

@Edworld  It's in the folders tab for tv shows.  When you add the folder in the list of root folders, there is an option to change the scraper.

(2019-07-03, 04:13)bobrap Wrote: @Edworld  It's in the folders tab for tv shows.  When you add the folder in the list of root folders, there is an option to change the scraper.

Thanks!

Does it also do actorthumbs from tmdb?

So I scraped "24" using TMDB and I got chinese characters....

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-07-03

(2019-07-03, 04:39)Edworld Wrote: So I scraped "24" using TMDB and I got chinese characters....
I'm not sure what I thought I separated the movie tmdb language option from the TV tmdb language option .
But honestly I can't remember right now, I have a look when I get home tonight

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-07-03

(2019-06-30, 18:08)huttdes Wrote: That sucks. For now I've just been doing manually with this Firefox addon Youtube
You can download in 1080p with it.
I use Youtube url and JDownloader and download also the thumb.jpg of the video file and use it as own artwork type in skin.
Moviefilename-trailer.ext
Moviefilename-trailerthumb.jpg

(2019-07-03, 04:39)Edworld Wrote: So I scraped "24" using TMDB and I got chinese characters....

So I tested this and 24 came down in english.
But, I hadn't gotten around to separating TMBd Tv Series Language fully from TMDb Movie selected Language.
This will be fixed for the next release, with a separate TMDB Tv language selectable in TV Preferences.

(2019-07-03, 11:07)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-06-30, 18:08)huttdes Wrote: That sucks. For now I've just been doing manually with this Firefox addon Youtube
You can download in 1080p with it.
I use Youtube url and JDownloader and download also the thumb.jpg of the video file and use it as own artwork type in skin.
Moviefilename-trailer.ext
Moviefilename-trailerthumb.jpg

Still looking at work-arounds since Youtube split Video and Audio tracks for anything over 480p, which broke our previous Youtube download code.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-07-03

(2019-07-03, 11:32)vbat99 Wrote: Still looking at work-arounds since Youtube split Video and Audio tracks for anything over 480p, which broke our previous Youtube download code.
Video and Sound is seperated? That's strange...
In JDownloader i get external subtitle and external thumb and the video file in all available resolutions and Video-Containerformats (mkv,mp4,webm)
and as far is a know JDownloader does only downloading from sources (no conversion or stuff)

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-07-03

But you'll find it probably multiplexes the video and audio together .
I've searched this quite rigorously and almost all sources are saying above 480 p resolution YouTube splits content into two tracks. Most players will play them both in unison, this is why it's so much harder to get high def trailers from YouTube .
I'm still researching into a new add-on to MC but running into issues of what version of dot net they require comma compared to what version MC currently uses .

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-07-03

On a side note the jdownloader plugin is good for your browser, but not something we can add into mediacompanion

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - webmaher - 2019-07-03

<rating name="metacritic" max="10">
            <value>8.6</value>
            <votes>60</votes>
        </rating>
        <rating name="tomatometerallcritics" max="10">
            <value>9.7</value>
            <votes>400</votes>
        </rating>

For movies this work excellent
How can I get this rating also for all my series?

(2019-07-03, 13:38)webmaher Wrote:       <rating name="metacritic" max="10">
            <value>8.6</value>
            <votes>60</votes>
        </rating>
        <rating name="tomatometerallcritics" max="10">
            <value>9.7</value>
            <votes>400</votes>
        </rating>

For movies this work excellent
How can I get this rating also for all my series?

The option is in the TV Preferences, RTTomato ratings, series & episodes
But it will depend if the data is available to get for the series. This is out of our hands, up to OMDb.