Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-08-22

(2019-08-22, 11:37)vbat99 Wrote: Yep I've already put a fixed in place for that one hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to finish off some other fixes that are desperately needed and push a new release
Glad to hear that you still maintain MC. I know cause of job stuff you have less time than have before (2018, lot of heavy new featues)
Maybe in future you have time to implement the KyraDB Artwork Type stuff. Artwork Beef (the Kodi internal pedant for artwork managing) already implemented it. Kodi artwork wiki also updated artwork type conventions.
KyraDB have now also language tags and also a vote system, so in fact the same API functions like fanart.tv
Artwork Types: "animatedposter.gif", "animatedkeyart.gif", "animatedfanart(x).gif", "characterart(x).png, poster(x).jpg (character poster sets)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2019-08-29

Is anybody else having issues scanning movies? Some of mine come back with zero audiochannels.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-08-29

(2019-08-29, 02:58)Edworld Wrote: Is anybody else having issues scanning movies? Some of mine come back with zero audiochannels.

probably the video's audio stream is not standard.

If possible, pm me a link to a snippit of the video so I can investigate

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2019-08-29

(2019-08-29, 11:07)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-08-29, 02:58)Edworld Wrote: Is anybody else having issues scanning movies? Some of mine come back with zero audiochannels.

Used3.731 and it did scan the audio channels. The movie is avengers end game.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - RonnieG3 - 2019-09-02

OK, I think I'm missing something. I just added 2 new TV Shows. After saving the new folders, I get the standard blue question mark next to the new series, but when I click on TV Show Selector to select the proper series from TVDb, it seems to populating a list of possible matches from TMDb (The message box even says, "Please Wait. Getting possible TV Shows from TVDb"). The 2 series in question are The Capture and Temple. Both have a listing on TVDb, but nothing listed on TMDb as of today. Did I miss a setting? I've run both with the MC scraper and KODI (XBMC) Scraper, and get a list that matches TMDb.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-09-02

(2019-09-02, 02:40)RonnieG3 Wrote: OK, I think I'm missing something. I just added 2 new TV Shows. After saving the new folders, I get the standard blue question mark next to the new series, but when I click on TV Show Selector to select the proper series from TVDb, it seems to populating a list of possible matches from TMDb (The message box even says, "Please Wait. Getting possible TV Shows from TVDb"). The 2 series in question are The Capture and Temple. Both have a listing on TVDb, but nothing listed on TMDb as of today. Did I miss a setting? I've run both with the MC scraper and KODI (XBMC) Scraper, and get a list that matches TMDb.

How are you adding the TV Series?
Creating the folders and getting MC to search for the new series folders?? (by pressing F7)
Or by the new Add Series option (F2)

If you are getting a Blue question mark, this is usually because a nfo existed in the folder, and MC is just wanting you to verify if the series displayed is correct for the series title. No need to go to TV Show Selector. If the series is correct visually, just click the Yellow Un-Verified button next to State, and MC will accept the found nfo data.

If the series was scraped from TMDb originally (or the series folder was created in a Root TV Folder marked in MC as get all Series data from TMDB), then it is possible only TMDb results for searching is displayed.

Then I got a bit confused when you say
Quote:Both have a listing on TVDb, but nothing listed on TMDb as of today. Did I miss a setting? I've run both with the MC scraper and KODI (XBMC) Scraper, and get a list that matches TMDb.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - RonnieG3 - 2019-09-02

(2019-09-02, 21:29)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-09-02, 02:40)RonnieG3 Wrote: OK, I think I'm missing something. I just added 2 new TV Shows. After saving the new folders, I get the standard blue question mark next to the new series, but when I click on TV Show Selector to select the proper series from TVDb, it seems to populating a list of possible matches from TMDb (The message box even says, "Please Wait. Getting possible TV Shows from TVDb"). The 2 series in question are The Capture and Temple. Both have a listing on TVDb, but nothing listed on TMDb as of today. Did I miss a setting? I've run both with the MC scraper and KODI (XBMC) Scraper, and get a list that matches TMDb.

How are you adding the TV Series?
Creating the folders and getting MC to search for the new series folders?? (by pressing F7)
Or by the new Add Series option (F2)

Then I got a bit confused when you say
Quote:Both have a listing on TVDb, but nothing listed on TMDb as of today. Did I miss a setting? I've run both with the MC scraper and KODI (XBMC) Scraper, and get a list that matches TMDb.
Well, I guess I'm still old school and go to the Folders tab and Add Folders From Root, then save changes. Totally forgot about both F7 & F2.

(I use Sonarr, and even though it's technically not supposed to be compatible, the TV Show selector option usually helps me get things in the proper format). 99.9% of the time there won't be an issue. I only ran into an issue here because of MC seeming to look at tmdb to pull a list of shows.)

What I meant by the last part, was that if you go to each site, both series have an entry on TVDb, but there is nothing yet on TMDb. So, it looked (to me anyway), that even though a message box pops up saying it's looking on TVDb for possible shows, the listing seems to be coming from TMDb and I'm unable to select the correct show (for the addition of .actors & extrafanart folders, season01 & season-all artwork, etc).

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-09-08

(2019-09-02, 23:27)RonnieG3 Wrote: Well, I guess I'm still old school and go to the Folders tab and Add Folders From Root, then save changes. Totally forgot about both F7 & F2.

(I use Sonarr, and even though it's technically not supposed to be compatible, the TV Show selector option usually helps me get things in the proper format). 99.9% of the time there won't be an issue. I only ran into an issue here because of MC seeming to look at tmdb to pull a list of shows.)

What I meant by the last part, was that if you go to each site, both series have an entry on TVDb, but there is nothing yet on TMDb. So, it looked (to me anyway), that even though a message box pops up saying it's looking on TVDb for possible shows, the listing seems to be coming from TMDb and I'm unable to select the correct show (for the addition of .actors & extrafanart folders, season01 & season-all artwork, etc).

Sorry for the late reply.

MC will by default be looking at TheTvDb, unless
a. You have set in TV Folders that the specific Root folder should be scraped from TMDb
b. You have added the series via Manually Add Series (F2), and chosen to scrape the specific series from TMDb.

From MC 3.732b, users could change series scraped via TMDb, but not switch source. EG if Series scraped from TMDB, Choose TV Show Selector will only return TMDb results. If series from TVDb, only results from TVDb shown on Tv Show Selector Tab.

The Capture is on TVDB and TMDb
Temple is on TVDb, but not completely loaded onto TMDb. Someone needs to update TMDb with artwork and episodes.

But there are many fixes waiting for the next release, I just need some time to get back into MC and fix a few minor bugs introduced recently.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-09-08

(2019-08-29, 14:21)Edworld Wrote:
(2019-08-29, 11:07)vbat99 Wrote:

Used3.731 and it did scan the audio channels. The movie is avengers end game.

Think there is a fix for this pending the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-09-15

New Release.
Media Companion 3.735b
Date: 2019-09-15

Update of external dlls, alternative method to get trailers (sorry, no control over resolution at this time), and more bug fixes.
Firstly, I apologize for the delay in getting timely releases out. Real life has become very busy. It has been a while since the last release, and there are sure to be some issues that arise due to the many changes made.

Please, any issue found, post them with full info on where you have MC extracted, what OS, and how to reproduce the issue.
If there are still Audio/Video stream details that are incorrect, upload a snippet and PM me a link. I need samples to ensure I get the same results as you.
Thank you.

New:
  • MC - Correctly fix TMDb scraping timing.
  • MC - Update Mediainfo.dll to 19.4.0.0 and fix some audio formats
  • MC - Update ffmpeg.
  • MC - Profile, new Sort Profiles A-Z button on Profile Preference tab.
  • MC - Add option Preferences to allow appending to mc_com log file.
  • MC - Add youtube_dl cmd for Trailer download.
  • mc_com - Limit appended log file to 3MB, then create logold file.
  • Movie - If Frodo and Onwards selected, then exclude loading General Filters specific to Pre-Frodo, Frodo.
  • TV - New Option, if Series scraped from TMDb, added Year to end of Series Title.
  • TV - Export template addition of <<ep_tvdburl>>

Fixed:
  • MC - Fix if Auto Scrape time values set to zero, causes MC crash on start.
  • MC - Media Export Movie Set catch crash if movie selected not in a Movie Set.
  • MC - Fix Portuguese language in TMDb languages file.
  • Movie - Fix Movie Set Art path certain instances where movie collection within a folder not matching Collection name from TMDb.
  • Movie - Fix Studio Counter limit on Rescrape of TMDb studios.
  • Movie - Change initial default Change Movie webpage to IMDB or TMDb depending on selected scraper.
  • Movie - Set default UniqueId tag in nfo depending on scraper.
  • Movie - Re-Implement Youtube Trailer downloading. Currently no control as to Resolution, but set to best possible.
  • TV - Missing Series include Cancel by ESC key.
  • TV - Missing Series list upgrade to listbox.
  • TV - Fix if Episode does not exist on TMDb. Thanks to Jean-Michel KIRSCH.
  • TV - Fix up log display and which version scraper used.
  • TV - Fix change TMDb Series Id, and display correct source if changing.
  • TV - Adjust TV Show Selector tab for TMDb poster to display larger.
  • TV - Tweaked the uqique Id tags.
  • TV - Use TMDbId if series/episodes scraped from TMDb, as some unique series do not have TVDb Id's as Series is not on TVDb site. Thanks to Jean-Michel KIRSCH.
  • mc_com - Fix scraped episodes from TMDb not being added to tvcache.xml file.
  • MusicVideo - Remove Wiki reference markers from Plot.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.735b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Usafle - 2019-09-16

(2019-09-15, 06:01)vbat99 Wrote: New Release.Media Companion 3.735b
Just installed your new release.  Tried to scrape two movies and it comes back with negative results.  I noticed in your settings that you now have a space for TMDB / Fanart / OMDB API entries.  Is this now required to scrape?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-09-16

(2019-09-16, 01:56)Usafle Wrote: Just installed your new release.  Tried to scrape two movies and it comes back with negative results.  I noticed in your settings that you now have a space for TMDB / Fanart / OMDB API entries.  Is this now required to scrape?

Just tested with three movies and no issues.
What filename & folder structure are you using?

As for TMDB, Fanart & OMDB Api keys.
TMDB is for those users who wish to use their own API key
Fanart API key is for users that want 48Hr or Zero-Day artwork. The API key for MC (internally) give no younger than 14 day artwork.
OMDB API key is required if you want Rotten Tomato ratings.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MonSoon12 - 2019-09-16

Firstly, thanks for the new release.

Tested with an old series, all good.
Tested with an old movie, all good.
Tested with a new movie, all good.

Thought I would post good news instead of only posting if I find errors.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Usafle - 2019-09-16

(2019-09-16, 09:00)vbat99 Wrote: Just tested with three movies and no issues.

Fanart API key is for users that want 48Hr or Zero-Day artwork. The API key for MC (internally) give no younger than 14 day artwork.

I've been using the same Folder / filename structure since I first started using the program way back when.  /Movie Name_Year/Movie Name_Year.MKV

This is what the errors spit out when I try to scrape:

1 new movie found in [Z:\Movies NAS\Some Movie 2003]
1 new movie found in [Z:\Movies NAS\Some Movie#2 2019]

A total of 2 new movies found -> Starting Main Scraper Process...

Scraping Title: Some Movie
Unable to scrape body with refs "Some Movie", "2003"
TMDB may not be available or Movie Title is invalid

Scraping Title: Some Movie#2
Unable to scrape body with refs "Some Movie#2", "2019"

Finished

I just deleted an NFO and all the artwork on an old movie that it scraped before and it had no issues.  I then renamed the two movies in question to "Movie Title (2019)" as well as the folder that the movies reside in, exactly as the other movie that did scrape.

I still receive the same error message on the two "new" movies.  I'm at a loss on this one.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-09-16

(2019-09-16, 21:55)Usafle Wrote:
(2019-09-16, 09:00)vbat99 Wrote: Just tested with three movies and no issues.

I've been using the same Folder / filename structure since I first started using the program way back when.  /Movie Name_Year/Movie Name_Year.MKV

This is what the errors spit out when I try to scrape:

1 new movie found in [Z:\Movies NAS\Some Movie 2003]
1 new movie found in [Z:\Movies NAS\Some Movie#2 2019]

A total of 2 new movies found -> Starting Main Scraper Process...

Scraping Title: Some Movie
Unable to scrape body with refs "Some Movie", "2003"

Scraping Title: Some Movie#2
Unable to scrape body with refs "Some Movie#2", "2019"

Finished

I just deleted an NFO and all the artwork on an old movie that it scraped before and it had no issues.  I then renamed the two movies in question to "Movie Title (2019)" as well as the folder that the movies reside in, exactly as the other movie that did scrape.

I still receive the same error message on the two "new" movies.  I'm at a loss on this one.

Would appreciate the exact movie titles, even if you pm them to me.