Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-10-29

(2019-10-28, 20:55)Usafle Wrote:
(2019-10-20, 06:04)vbat99 Wrote: Not sure what is happening there, I do not have Plex.
I suggest you scape a new movie, import it into Plex, if there are no actor images, then make a Copy of the nfo and move it to a safe place, Then rescrape actors and import again into plex.
If the actor images appear, can you compare the original nfo and the recently updated nfo to see what differences there are.

If there are differences, please zip them, upload somewhere and PM me a link please. 

I did what you asked.  The first scrape on the NFO looks like this:

<actor>
        <id>0000000</id>
        <name>Patton Oswalt</name>
        <role>Remy (voice)</role>
        <thumb>
        </thumb>
        <order>0</order>
    </actor>

Upon scraping the actor roles specifically, the NFO turns to this:

<actor>
<id>0010872</id>
<name>Patton Oswalt</name>
<role>Remy (voice)</role>
<thumb>http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/dq3uNmTB7r8XTtadV3OD3N7LqV6.jpg</thumb>
<order>0</order>
</actor>

I tested it out again with another new movie. Same thing happened above. If you still need the actual NFO, let me know and I'll send them to you.

Odd, I would check the Actors tab in Preferences. I only have Save actor thumb to .Actors folder Selected.

Or, start with a clean MC, by renaming the Settings folder to Settings.orig
Start MC and add a movie root folder, and scrape a single movie. Check the nfo for actor image url

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Usafle - 2019-10-29

(2019-10-20, 06:04)vbat99 Wrote: Not sure what is happening there, I do not have Plex.

Odd, I would check the Actors tab in Preferences. I only have Save actor thumb to .Actors folder Selected.

Yup, that's all I have selected as well. Upon scraping, it does create the .Actors folder and there are the actor thumbs present in there. The only issue is that it's not populating(?) the NFO correctly I guess?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-10-29

(2019-10-29, 20:47)Usafle Wrote:

Yup, that's all I have selected as well. Upon scraping, it does create the .Actors folder and there are the actor thumbs present in there. The only issue is that it's not populating(?) the NFO correctly I guess?

Have you tried with a clean Media Companion?
Else, upload your config.xml file somewhere and pm me the link to download.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Zirc - 2019-11-09

Hi,

is it possible to add a fallback to English, when a TV show is not found in another language on TVDB?

If you for example take this show https://www.thetvdb.com/series/silicon-valley/seasons/all and change language to German the last seasons episode names will be blank. If I scrape this with Media Companion it would be nice if it would fallback to English, if there is no German information available.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-11-09

(2019-11-09, 18:13)Zirc Wrote: Hi,

is it possible to add a fallback to English, when a TV show is not found in another language on TVDB?

If you for example take this show https://www.thetvdb.com/series/silicon-valley/seasons/all and change language to German the last seasons episode names will be blank. If I scrape this with Media Companion it would be nice if it would fallback to English, if there is no German information available.

MC uses the Language you initially set to scrape the series, without fallback. This is so Users know when info is not present.

We suggest you pay it forward, sign up with TheTvDb, and add the missing information for the episodes so more users of TheTVDb benefit.
You may also note there is no German info for the Three specials.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Zirc - 2019-11-10

(2019-11-09, 21:18)vbat99 Wrote:

MC uses the Language you initially set to scrape the series, without fallback. This is so Users know when info is not present.

We suggest you pay it forward, sign up with TheTvDb, and add the missing information for the episodes so more users of TheTVDb benefit.

I agree with you that it would be better if I add this information in German language. However there is currently no official German episode name. Same goes for example for Suits.

I have mixed languages for some shows. New seasons which are not yet available in German I collect in English. So for me a fallback or at least a "per season" language would be great. I think kodis scraper has something like this as optional setting. So users that don't like the fallback could just disable it, but for me it would help a lot. If you don't agree with that, I think I'll have to life with it and scrape everything in English language only.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-11-10

(2019-11-10, 00:01)Zirc Wrote:
(2019-11-09, 21:18)vbat99 Wrote:

I agree with you that it would be better if I add this information in German language. However there is currently no official German episode name. Same goes for example for Suits.

I have mixed languages for some shows. New seasons which are not yet available in German I collect in English. So for me a fallback or at least a "per season" language would be great. I think kodis scraper has something like this as optional setting. So users that don't like the fallback could just disable it, but for me it would help a lot. If you don't agree with that, I think I'll have to life with it and scrape everything in English language only.

No won't be adding support for fallback to episodes at present, I suggest you translate the English title to the closest match in German and add to TheTvdb.
The title can always be altered later down the time when the Scheduled title becomes available. Something is better than nothing.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bsoriano - 2019-11-11

@vbat99 , thank you for all of the work you put into MC.  It continues to be front and center for me to manage my large library (6900+ movies, 600+ tv shows, 15000+ episodes).

I have an issue for a while now; my apologies for not reporting it earlier.  I am using the latest version, 64 bit.

If I add a new show with Medusa (sickbeard fork), and then do "Search Roots for new tv shows" with MC, the show is found, the nfo created by Medusa is read ok by MC, and the show is put into an "unverified" state.  In the past (several versions ago, I cannot remember from which version on I am having the issue), I usually did a "Rescrape TV Show" in MC, and MC went out to the TVDB and got the info for the show and rewrote the NFO.  

The issue I have now is that when MC rescrapes the tv show, it writes incomplete info to the NFO, specifically, the tv show title is left blank, and the show does not appear in my list of shows any more.I have to go in and edit the NFO and re-add the tv show title, and then do a "Refresh all" for MC to show the tv show in the list again.

Any ideas on why this might be happening? Any additional information that you would like me to provide? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - entranttechno - 2019-11-14

Thanks for your support thanx all of you give your time.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-11-14

(2019-11-11, 22:14)bsoriano Wrote: @vbat99 , thank you for all of the work you put into MC.  It continues to be front and center for me to manage my large library (6900+ movies, 600+ tv shows, 15000+ episodes).

I have an issue for a while now; my apologies for not reporting it earlier.  I am using the latest version, 64 bit.

If I add a new show with Medusa (sickbeard fork), and then do "Search Roots for new tv shows" with MC, the show is found, the nfo created by Medusa is read ok by MC, and the show is put into an "unverified" state.  In the past (several versions ago, I cannot remember from which version on I am having the issue), I usually did a "Rescrape TV Show" in MC, and MC went out to the TVDB and got the info for the show and rewrote the NFO.  

The issue I have now is that when MC rescrapes the tv show, it writes incomplete info to the NFO, specifically, the tv show title is left blank, and the show does not appear in my list of shows any more.I have to go in and edit the NFO and re-add the tv show title, and then do a "Refresh all" for MC to show the tv show in the list again.

Any ideas on why this might be happening? Any additional information that you would like me to provide? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

While I was using Sickbeard, I never let it create any Series nfo or Episode Nfo. I always had Media Companion scrape the Series first, then added Existing Series.

Without a sample tvshow.nfo from Medusa, I do not know what is occurring in MC.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-11-14

FYI, TheTVDb is having API issues today, affecting a number of scrapers.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2019-11-15

(2019-11-14, 10:05)vbat99 Wrote: FYI, TheTVDb is having API issues today, affecting a number of scrapers.

I'm assuming this is the reason I get the error below
Quote:Found Folders:
D:\MEDIA\TV SHOWS\His Dark Materials

Initializing TVDb...!!! Error - Running action [Scrape TVDb Series Main Body] threw [The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.]

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Usafle - 2019-11-15

I've been suffering from the same exact error for the past few days. Thought it would be resolved by today...nope.

(2019-11-15, 04:39)marhutchy Wrote:
(2019-11-14, 10:05)vbat99 Wrote: FYI, TheTVDb is having API issues today, affecting a number of scrapers.

I'm assuming this is the reason I get the error below
Quote:Found Folders:
D:\MEDIA\TV SHOWS\His Dark Materials

Initializing TVDb...!!! Error - Running action [Scrape TVDb Series Main Body] threw [The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.]

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-11-15

Yes, TVDb is still experiencing issues.
https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?t=60034
https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?t=60036&p=162960

and many more reports if you google the past week with "thetvdb api down"

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Zirc - 2019-11-17

(2019-11-10, 05:57)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-11-10, 00:01)Zirc Wrote:
(2019-11-09, 21:18)vbat99 Wrote: MC uses the Language you initially set to scrape the series, without fallback. This is so Users know when info is not present.

No won't be adding support for fallback to episodes at present, I suggest you translate the English title to the closest match in German and add to TheTvdb.
The title can always be altered later down the time when the Scheduled title becomes available. Something is better than nothing.   

Okay thanks for the hint. I added a translation by myself.

However I still don't get how MC decides what to scrape and what not to scrape. For example https://www.thetvdb.com/series/silicon-valley/seasons/official/6 the title and plot were only scraped AFTER I added a German translation to TVDB.

For https://www.thetvdb.com/series/south-park/seasons/official/23 there is no German translation but MC just scraped the English ones here without me doing anything. So why did MC use the English information for South Park but not for Silicon Valley? Same (MC uses English information where no German information are available) goes for Suits, The Walking Dead and some other shows.

Note that this happened before the TVDB API issues.