Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2019-12-10

I think he wants to be able to rename things the same way as movies work (get rid of regex Big Grin ).  Create the Alpha sub-folders and rename with articles at the end e.g. 100, The.  Been hoping for this myself for a long time. Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - RonnieG3 - 2019-12-10

Actually, yes to both of you! I want my TV Series set up the way you mentioned, Rob, but I would Absolutely Love if could be done on scrape, like movies are. Right now, using the wildcards listed in preferences, when I scrape a movie, it automatically puts the leading article (I only do it for An & The) at the end and moves it to the corresponding alphabetical folder. 

Ex.  Right now, if I were to scrapes The Vampire Diaries, a folder The Vampire Diaries is created in my main TV folder. What I'd like, is if I scrape the same series, a folder Vampire Diaries, The is added to my alphabetical folder V. Like with movies. Kind of necessity (IMHO) with a large number of movies - I love it! Doing the same with TV Series would make life a bit easier.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-12-16

New Release.
Media Companion 3.738
Date: 2019-12-16

Partial Fix for TV Selector tab, and Fanart.TV artwork fix..

**Known Issues**
Quite a few issues still exist at TheTVDb after the database migration,
In this build, I have gotten the TV Selector tab to function again, but only with English Language selected. I am working on a fix around this, but felt a new release was needed to allow users some functionality.
Also, thanks to one user, a Fix for Fanart.TV Artwork tabs.

All TVDb issues in progress or fixed are listed at https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=60239

New:

Fixed:
  • TV - Partial fix for TV Selector tab. At present will only scrape validate English language till TVDB fixes the API. Still attempting work-around.
  • MC - Artwork Fix Fanart.TV - Thank You to Roberto Casula.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.738b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - JanM201 - 2019-12-16

Hi @vbat99 
I'm using the latest version. I've scraped about 5 new movies & none of them is scraping the rotten tomatoes ratings.
All the other ratings are scraping fine. Am I missing something?
PS: I've got the setting enabled so I don't think the problem lies there.
Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-12-17

(2019-12-16, 18:53)JanM201 Wrote: Hi @vbat99 
I'm using the latest version. I've scraped about 5 new movies & none of them is scraping the rotten tomatoes ratings.
All the other ratings are scraping fine. Am I missing something?
PS: I've got the setting enabled so I don't think the problem lies there.
Thanks

Sorry, I don't use Rotten Tomatoe myself, but will look into it.
Can you give the name of some of those movies, PM me if you don't want this public knowledge.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - JanM201 - 2019-12-17

Hi,
Just a quick question. Did the Genre listbox disappear? I'm unable to select my custom genres. See picture:
Thanks

Edit: Not too worry. I figured out you have to right click & then you can see all the genres.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - JanM201 - 2019-12-22

Anybody else having problems scraping the Rotten Tomatoes ratings?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-12-22

(2019-12-22, 16:47)JanM201 Wrote: Anybody else having problems scraping the Rotten Tomatoes ratings?

Apologies for the late reply, just tested with the first movie example you sent me, and with a OMDbAPi Key, I do get ratings from Rotten Tomatoe
xml:
<ratings>
<rating name="tomatometerallcritics" max="10">
<value>8.4</value>
<votes>358</votes>
</rating>
<rating name="tomatometerallaudience" max="10">
<value>4.0</value>
<votes>N/A</votes>
</rating>
<rating name="themoviedb" max="10" default="true">
<value>6.1</value>
<votes>1390</votes>
</rating>
</ratings>

The second title I received nothing, but the third also returned Tomato ratings.

This indicates its working correctly, but you do need your own API key for OMDbAPI. Also, that not all movie titles have Rotten Tomato data available.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - JanM201 - 2019-12-22

Thank you so much @vbat99 
The problem was the API key.
I'm a happy man Rofl

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - leejk - 2019-12-27

Hello,

I ran into this error today when trying to scrape trailers. This is on a brand new Windows 10 64bit installation, so not sure what extra package this dll would be in.

youtube-dl.exe - System Error
The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

Also I have a few movies that the movie database classifies as tv shows, like Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars. How do I get those to scrape as a movie?

And lastly I have 1 movie that will not get recognized, it is called Hang'em High (1968).dvd.mkv. Any ideas on why it falls?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-12-27

(2019-12-27, 01:55)leejk Wrote: Hello,

I ran into this error today when trying to scrape trailers. This is on a brand new Windows 10 64bit installation, so not sure what extra package this dll would be in.

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

Also I have a few movies that the movie database classifies as tv shows, like Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars. How do I get those to scrape as a movie?

And lastly I have 1 movie that will not get recognized, it is called Hang'em High (1968).dvd.mkv. Any ideas on why it falls?

I'm running Win 7, but a quick search found this file in SysWOW64 and System32 folder. It looks like it comes from a Dot Net installer. Can you check you have Dot Net 4.0 installed in Windows 10?
Actually I see it comes from Windows C++ Redistribution, see this link windows 10 MSVCR100.dll missing?, first .
answer.

Farscape: The PeaceKeeper Wars. Listed as a TV Miniseries with two parts, so sorry, can only scrape this under TV section.
Unless.....Try scraping it under Movies.
If shown as failed scrape but listed in the Movie Tab list of movies, right click the movie entry and select Edit Movie (Alternative)
Here you can edit all the data in the nfo, and create a Movie nfo for this movie.

And for your last movie, there's a space between Hang and 'em
Title is Hang 'Em High (1968).
But there is an easier way if you can't scrape the movie...as long as the failed movie shows in Media Companion.
Select the Movie, then click the Change Movie tab.
There you can search for the correct movie, and scrape the data from there.

Good Luck.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - leejk - 2019-12-27

(2019-12-27, 04:03)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-12-27, 01:55)leejk Wrote: Hello,

I'm running Win 7, but a quick search found this file in SysWOW64 and System32 folder. It looks like it comes from a Dot Net installer. Can you check you have Dot Net 4.0 installed in Windows 10?
Actually I see it comes from Windows C++ Redistribution, see this link windows 10 MSVCR100.dll missing?, first .
answer.

Farscape: The PeaceKeeper Wars. Listed as a TV Miniseries with two parts, so sorry, can only scrape this under TV section.
Unless.....Try scraping it under Movies.
If shown as failed scrape but listed in the Movie Tab list of movies, right click the movie entry and select Edit Movie (Alternative)
Here you can edit all the data in the nfo, and create a Movie nfo for this movie.

And for your last movie, there's a space between Hang and 'em
Title is Hang 'Em High (1968).
But there is an easier way if you can't scrape the movie...as long as the failed movie shows in Media Companion.
Select the Movie, then click the Change Movie tab.
There you can search for the correct movie, and scrape the data from there.

Good Luck. 
Thanks for your response.... I missed that space and musta looked at it 50 times Smile

On the missing dll, I searched the hard drive for that file, and it is evidently not on a Windows 10 64bit fresh install. I installed both packages and that fixed it.

On the Farscape issue, it does not show up in the main browser on the movie tab, unless there is a setting somewhere to unhide it. It seems MC only shows successfully scraped movies in this list? If it would show up I could manually fill it out.

thx

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-12-27

There is an option in media companion to save an nfo if the scrape fails
Look in movie preferences and you should find the option sorry no access to a computer right now.

There is an option in media companion to save an nfo if the scrape fails

Look in movie preferences for the option, sorry no access to a PC right now.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-12-28

(2019-12-27, 18:24)leejk Wrote: On the Farscape issue, it does not show up in the main browser on the movie tab, unless there is a setting somewhere to unhide it. It seems MC only shows successfully scraped movies in this list? If it would show up I could manually fill it out.

thx

In Movie Preferences, Scraper tab, at center bottom is the option If failed scrape, do NOT save an nfo
UN-check this and MC will save a (mostly empty) nfo, which Edit Movie (Alternative) can be used to populate the nfo.

Enjoy