Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - RonnieG3 - 2020-04-04

Okay, so I ran into an issue installing this version.    My setting didn't translate when I copied them over. No, prob, I'll just reconfigure.

After adding the Folder Path and then adding TV show folders, I get a "TV cache path not set. Continue?" error.  If I hit yes, it scans, then shows me no TV shows. If I hit no, MC closes. On re-open, all media gone. HELP!  Reverted back to  3.7.4.3 and getting the same thing. What did I miss (back on 3.7.4.4)

EDIT: It's almost like MV is reading my config - or anything in the settings folder. tvcache.xml is there, and on reopen, though movies were showing OK, they're gone too. Got a blank slate everytime I open both versions

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2020-04-04

(2020-04-04, 07:28)RonnieG3 Wrote: Okay, so I ran into an issue installing this version.    My setting didn't translate when I copied them over. No, prob, I'll just reconfigure.

After adding the Folder Path and then adding TV show folders, I get a "TV cache path not set. Continue?" error.  If I hit yes, it scans, then shows me no TV shows. If I hit no, MC closes. On re-open, all media gone. HELP!  Reverted back to  3.7.4.3 and getting the same thing. What did I miss (back on 3.7.4.4)

EDIT: It's almost like MV is reading my config - or anything in the settings folder. tvcache.xml is there, and on reopen, though movies were showing OK, they're gone too. Got a blank slate everytime I open both versions

Definitely sounds like you've tanked the config.xml file. Not sure why this has happened as I upgrade over top of my main Media Companion all the time.

You could PM me a link to your config.xml file, but I suggest setting up MC from scratch by deleting the Settings folder in your Media Companion folder. This will start MC as if it had never been run.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Ozpeg - 2020-04-04

I managed to fix the duplicate movie files issue - took a bit of fluffing around but I got there.

Regarding the file names being renamed, I did this so when in Kodi I could watch thew MCU movies in sequence regardless of their collection/set, and found this article in the Kodi Wiki on how to set up multiverses, as with Kodi you can only have 1 movie in 1 collection/s.

I never had a problem with this while I was on one of the previous versions.

RE: Season and episode not scraping in Kodi - mataus19 - 2020-04-04

Hi,

I have been using this excellent software for some time now however recently I've been having problems scraping TV Shows in to Kodi.

I'm using the latest version (3.7.3.5). Media companion recognises and creates all the relevant files and works great, creating all the necessary TVshow nfo and episode nfo files. However when I add source in Kodi it only adds the TV Show but no Seasons or episodes?

I tested to see if it was a problem with Kodi so I picked a TV Show and deleted all but the correctly named mkv files and cleaned the Kodi library. I then rescanned using the TVDB scanner in Kodi and it scanned the seasons and episodes correctly.

I then exported the library in separate files and compared the kodi created NFO files to NFO files that Media companion created. They are structured differently however I'm struggling to see why the Media Companion NFO for each episode are not being recognised by Kodi when I select source to TV Shows and scraper to 'Local information’.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

RE: Season and episode not scraping in Kodi - vbat99 - 2020-04-04

(2020-04-04, 17:21)mataus19 Wrote: Hi,

I have been using this excellent software for some time now however recently I've been having problems scraping TV Shows in to Kodi.

I'm using the latest version (3.7.3.5). Media companion recognises and creates all the relevant files and works great, creating all the necessary TVshow nfo and episode nfo files. However when I add source in Kodi it only adds the TV Show but no Seasons or episodes?

I tested to see if it was a problem with Kodi so I picked a TV Show and deleted all but the correctly named mkv files and cleaned the Kodi library. I then rescanned using the TVDB scanner in Kodi and it scanned the seasons and episodes correctly.

I then exported the library in separate files and compared the kodi created NFO files to NFO files that Media companion created. They are structured differently however I'm struggling to see why the Media Companion NFO for each episode are not being recognised by Kodi when I select source to TV Shows and scraper to 'Local information’.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I am not sure what is happening, can you upload somewhere the nfo exported from Kodi as well as the nfo MC created and PM me the link.

Also, latest version of Media Companion is 3.7.4.4b, at Post -> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=129134&pid=2936432#pid2936432

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2020-04-04

(2020-04-04, 10:32)Ozpeg Wrote: I managed to fix the duplicate movie files issue - took a bit of fluffing around but I got there.

Regarding the file names being renamed, I did this so when in Kodi I could watch thew MCU movies in sequence regardless of their collection/set, and found this article in the Kodi Wiki on how to set up multiverses, as with Kodi you can only have 1 movie in 1 collection/s.

I never had a problem with this while I was on one of the previous versions.
Firstly, nothing has changed in the way Media Companion searches and finds matches for movies being scraped in quite a while.

Reading that article, I see they suggest renaming the movie and nfo after it has been scraped in a program like Media Companion.
Quote:If you have NFO Files and local Artwork, ensure the names of these files are also modified to match

So the issue still remains that Media Companion can not make sense of the filename to find the correct movie.

Your choices are
1. Use the Change Movie tab to select the correct movie.
2. Change the filenames back, Delete all nfo's and artwork. Scrape all movies (successfully).
THEN use a program like Bulk Rename Utility to add prefix to all files for each movie.

Once this is done, continue following the instructions you linked to in the Kodi Wiki

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Karellen - 2020-04-04

(2020-04-04, 21:11)vbat99 Wrote: Reading that article, I see they suggest renaming the movie and nfo after it has been scraped in a program like Media Companion.
The article assumes NFO files are in use, but it is not necessary to change filenames after scraping.

The method requires using Movie Folders (movie file in its own folder) and enabling Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title in the Set Content screen. This then bypasses the filename for lookups and uses the folder name. This allows you to use non-conforming names in the filename (for the smart playlist) and use a conforming name for the movie folder which the scraper uses for its search string.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2020-04-05

(2020-04-04, 23:50)Karellen Wrote: The article assumes NFO files are in use, but it is not necessary to change filenames after scraping.

The method requires using Movie Folders (movie file in its own folder) and enabling Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title in the Set Content screen. This then bypasses the filename for lookups and uses the folder name. This allows you to use non-conforming names in the filename (for the smart playlist) and use a conforming name for the movie folder which the scraper uses for its search string.

This is true, I had forgotten about that method.
Yes, Media Companion can use Foldername for searching new movies. Just select Use Folder Names for Scraping and uncheck rename files.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - RonnieG3 - 2020-04-06

(2020-04-04, 09:02)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-04-04, 07:28)RonnieG3 Wrote: Okay, so I ran into an issue installing this version.    My setting didn't translate when I copied them over. No, prob, I'll just reconfigure.

Definitely sounds like you've tanked the config.xml file. Not sure why this has happened as I upgrade over top of my main Media Companion all the time.

You could PM me a link to your config.xml file, but I suggest setting up MC from scratch by deleting the Settings folder in your Media Companion folder. This will start MC as if it had never been run. 
Just to follow up: Deleted My entire MC folder. Re-extracted - still no go. Tried with previous version, rinse & repeat - nothing. Rebooted the machine  Wink Re-extracted current version. Re-configured settings. re-entered folders and added media. Didn't get a tvcache.xml message - Good sign  Nod  .  Refreshed because it showed damn near every series as unknown, lol. UsB came unplugged near the end  Stare   . Finally got that sorted and refreshed again. Did Batch re-scraper for a few things . duration, start date, status, etc) & viola!!!! Just nee to switch from Un-Veried to Verified and all is finally good!!   Big Grin

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2020-04-07

(2020-04-06, 08:01)RonnieG3 Wrote: Just to follow up: Deleted My entire MC folder. Re-extracted - still no go. Tried with previous version, rinse & repeat - nothing. Rebooted the machine  Wink Re-extracted current version. Re-configured settings. re-entered folders and added media. Didn't get a tvcache.xml message - Good sign  Nod  .  Refreshed because it showed damn near every series as unknown, lol. UsB came unplugged near the end  Stare   . Finally got that sorted and refreshed again. Did Batch re-scraper for a few things . duration, start date, status, etc) & viola!!!! Just nee to switch from Un-Veried to Verified and all is finally good!!   Big Grin

I am really glad you got it sorted in the end, though still not sure why it happened in the first place.

As for Un-Verified, there is the option in the right-click context menu when mouse if over the TV list, to Set all Un-Verified as Open.
Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2020-04-13

little women on the latest version scans as dts x. If I scan with 3.7.3.1 it scans as dts hd which is correct.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2020-04-13

(2020-04-13, 03:38)Edworld Wrote: little women on the latest version scans as dts x. If I scan with 3.7.3.1 it scans as dts hd which is correct.

A Snippet of the file for testing would be appreciated. PM me a link of a snippet or source file please.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2020-04-13

(2020-04-13, 22:18)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-04-13, 03:38)Edworld Wrote: little women on the latest version scans as dts x. If I scan with 3.7.3.1 it scans as dts hd which is correct.

A Snippet of the file for testing would be appreciated. PM me a link of a snippet or source file please. 
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16qQEM-uts3U3yvoUoG_bKm5_oGZN4Nb8

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2020-04-13

(2020-04-13, 22:43)Edworld Wrote: https://drive.google.com/open?id=16qQEM-uts3U3yvoUoG_bKm5_oGZN4Nb8
Thank you. We updated MediaInfo at version 3.7.3.5b, and this changed the behaviour a bit.

Fix in place for next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Ozpeg - 2020-04-18

I have just come across an issue with my TV shows, which is causing me to delete the the NFO and artwork (for the show) and re-scrape them

All "ended" TV shows are locked which I believe means no changes can or will be made to the shows unless they've been unlocked however when I do a random check on the shows several fields are updated with incorrect data, as below :
  • Show title changes to yellow
  • State changes to "Un-Verified"
  • Show status changes to "Unknown"
  • Run time reverts to zero
To fix the anomaly I have to delete the TV show artwork and NFO then 'check the root folders for new TV shows', usually once, but sometimes twice

I've just noticed this is also happening to my 'continuing shows' (which are unlocked) where I have to delete the TV Shows NFO and artwork then 'check the root folders for new TV shows', usually once, but sometimes twice