Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Ozpeg - 2020-04-18

(2020-04-18, 01:56)Ozpeg Wrote: I have just come across an issue with my TV shows, which is causing me to delete the the NFO and artwork (for the show) and re-scrape them

All "ended" TV shows are locked which I believe means no changes can or will be made to the shows unless they've been unlocked however when I do a random check on the shows several fields are updated with incorrect data, as below :
  • Show title changes to yellow
  • State changes to "Un-Verified"
  • Show status changes to "Unknown"
  • Run time reverts to zero
To fix the anomaly I have to delete the TV show artwork and NFO then 'check the root folders for new TV shows', usually once, but sometimes twice

I've just noticed this is also happening to my 'continuing shows' (which are unlocked) where I have to delete the TV Shows NFO and artwork then 'check the root folders for new TV shows', usually once, but sometimes twice 
I've just noticed 1 more thing:

When scraping for new TV episodes I have to delete the epsiode NFOs and artwork and then search for new episodes - only then will the new episodes be scraped

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2020-04-18

(2020-04-18, 02:00)Ozpeg Wrote:
(2020-04-18, 01:56)Ozpeg Wrote: I have just come across an issue with my TV shows, which is causing me to delete the the NFO and artwork (for the show) and re-scrape them

All "ended" TV shows are locked which I believe means no changes can or will be made to the shows unless they've been unlocked however when I do a random check on the shows several fields are updated with incorrect data, as below :
To fix the anomaly I have to delete the TV show artwork and NFO then 'check the root folders for new TV shows', usually once, but sometimes twice

I've just noticed this is also happening to my 'continuing shows' (which are unlocked) where I have to delete the TV Shows NFO and artwork then 'check the root folders for new TV shows', usually once, but sometimes twice 

When scraping for new TV episodes I have to delete the epsiode NFOs and artwork and then search for new episodes - only then will the new episodes be scraped

Are you saying the
Just happens? Were you doing a Batch rescrape? Did you export from Kodi? Are you using a different Media Manager as well as Media Companion?
Or just the next time you open Media Companion the above has happened?

Also,
Quote:When scraping for new TV episodes I have to delete the epsiode NFOs and artwork and then search for new episodes - only then will the new episodes be scraped

This is not normal, and would usually point to a permissions issue.

Media Companion is operating perfectly at present, I have received no feed-back of any issues like this, and am not able to reproduce at my end.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Ozpeg - 2020-04-18

(2020-04-18, 06:52)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-04-18, 02:00)Ozpeg Wrote:

Are you saying the
Just happens? Were you doing a Batch rescrape? Did you export from Kodi? Are you using a different Media Manager as well as Media Companion?

Also,
Quote:When scraping for new TV episodes I have to delete the epsiode NFOs and artwork and then search for new episodes - only then will the new episodes be scraped

Media Companion is operating perfectly at present, I have received no feed-back of any issues like this, and am not able to reproduce at my end. 
Thanks vbbat, that's exactly what is happening, on both ended/locked and continuing TV shows

Show title changes to yellow - confirmed

State changes to "Un-Verified" - confirmed

Show status changes to "Unknown" - confirmed

Run time reverts to zero - confirmed

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - RonnieG3 - 2020-04-18

(2020-04-18, 09:13)Ozpeg Wrote:
(2020-04-18, 02:00)Ozpeg Wrote: I've just noticed 1 more thing:

Are you saying the

Also,

Thanks vbbat, that's exactly what is happening, on both ended/locked and continuing TV shows

I get the same things happening. Figured it might be because I use Sonarr. But after a batch re-scrape to fix, revets on next open. Figured it was just a consequence of using Sonarr (v3), but I don't understand since Sonarr gives the option to name and create meta-data specifically for KODI/EMBY. When collection refreshed, SOME series show blue and need to be rescraped. If there's a ay to prevent that - AWESOME!!!!, If nit, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to have series auto-handled.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2020-04-18

(2020-04-18, 19:01)RonnieG3 Wrote:
(2020-04-18, 06:52)vbat99 Wrote: Are you saying the

Also,

I get the same things happening. Figured it might be because I use Sonarr. But after a batch re-scrape to fix, revets on next open. Figured it was just a consequence of using Sonarr (v3), but I don't understand since Sonarr gives the option to name and create meta-data specifically for KODI/EMBY. When collection refreshed, SOME series show blue and need to be rescraped. If there's a ay to prevent that - AWESOME!!!!, If nit, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to have series auto-handled.

Yes, these could all be because another Manager is touching the tvshow.nfo, which overwrites some specific tags that MC uses to identify when a series is Open/Locked/UnVerified.
I do not know if Sonarr touches the tvshow.nfo at all, I usually disable all nfo functionality in programs like Sickbeard/SickRage etc and let MC handle everything. I have the program run mc_com.exe in a batch file after it places episodes in the series folder.

But, Users should be able to right click the series, select Rescrape TV Show, to rebuild and fix the nfo of Run Time and Status.
Yellow Title and UnVerified would be fixed by clicking the Unverified heading top right, which will change to Open. Clicking again will Lock the series.
Alternative, with latest MC, users can also Right click and select Set all Un-Verified as Open

(2020-04-18, 02:00)Ozpeg Wrote: I've just noticed 1 more thing:

Are you saying the

Also,

You didn't answer -> Are you using a different Media Manager as well as Media Companion?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2020-04-18

(2020-03-16, 09:58)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-03-15, 20:50)Edworld Wrote: How do you do this? I have my key and cant do this

Well, that metadata was pulled from inside Media Companion.
But are you saying you can't get Rotten Tomato data from Media Companion into the nfo's?

You need to insert your OMDB APi Key in Preferences -> Common Settings tab.
Then in Movie Preferences, Enable Get Rotten Tomato Ratings 

I just saw this response. 

I am able to get all the ratings I want in MC but I can not retrieve the information the way you posted it if I go straight to the omdb.com page.

(2020-04-18, 23:27)Edworld Wrote:
(2020-03-16, 09:58)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-03-15, 20:50)Edworld Wrote: How do you do this? I have my key and cant do this

Well, that metadata was pulled from inside Media Companion.
But are you saying you can't get Rotten Tomato data from Media Companion into the nfo's?

I am able to get all the ratings I want in MC but I can not retrieve the information the way you posted it if I go straight to the omdb.com page.

No, you won't get that data from OMDB web page. They only provide sample data.

What I posted was the reply when we do a API call with the key in Media Companion.
You would need to paste
http://www.omdbapi.com/?apikey={your_key}&i={movie_imdb+id}&tomatoes=true&r=xml into address bar of your browser to get similar reply as I posted.
Note: Replace {your_key} with your OMDB API key, and {movie_imdb_id} with the IMDB Id of the movie
eg: (not a valid key)
http://www.omdbapi.com/?apikey=adfa&i=tt0317219&tomatoes=true&r=xml

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2020-04-19

(2020-04-18, 23:44)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-04-18, 23:27)Edworld Wrote:
(2020-03-16, 09:58)vbat99 Wrote: Well, that metadata was pulled from inside Media Companion.

No, you won't get that data from OMDB web page. They only provide sample data.

What I posted was the reply when we do a API call with the key in Media Companion.
You would need to paste
http://www.omdbapi.com/?apikey={your_key}&i={movie_imdb+id}&tomatoes=true&r=xml into address bar of your browser to get similar reply as I posted.
Note: Replace {your_key} with your OMDB API key, and {movie_imdb_id} with the IMDB Id of the movie
eg: (not a valid key)
http://www.omdbapi.com/?apikey=adfa&i=tt0317219&tomatoes=true&r=xml 

Thanks for taking the time to explain this.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Ozpeg - 2020-04-19

(2020-04-18, 23:18)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-04-18, 06:52)vbat99 Wrote: Are you saying the

Also,

You didn't answer -> Are you using a different Media Manager as well as Media Companion? 
I am using Sonarr - nothing else.

My usual routine is
  • let NZBET and Sonarr download the TV shows/epsiodes
  • run a "Check root for new TV Shows".
  • If MC picked up new TV Shows or episodes I delete the TV show from MC and re-run the "Check root for new TV Shows" which re-scan the correct information.

I can understand having to do this each time a new show or episode but this is happening all the time - yesterday I noticed Carnival Row (which is in hiatus) was "Unverified". I deleted th show and re-scraped the show, when changed the show status and run time to the correct settings. I checked the show this morning, and - surprise surprise -  everything the show has reset to 'unverified, run time has reset to zero, show status has reset to ":Unknown". It still happened even if I lock the TV Show
  •  

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2020-04-19

(2020-04-19, 03:32)Ozpeg Wrote:
(2020-04-18, 23:18)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-04-18, 09:13)Ozpeg Wrote: Thanks vbbat, that's exactly what is happening, on both ended/locked and continuing TV shows

My usual routine is
  • If MC picked up new TV Shows or episodes I delete the TV show from MC and re-run the "Check root for new TV Shows" which re-scan the correct information.

I can understand having to do this each time a new show or episode but this is happening all the time - yesterday I noticed Carnival Row (which is in hiatus) was "Unverified". I deleted th show and re-scraped the show, when changed the show status and run time to the correct settings. I checked the show this morning, and - surprise surprise -  everything the show has reset to 'unverified, run time has reset to zero, show status has reset to ":Unknown". It still happened even if I lock the TV Show
  •  

Is Sonarr or Media Companion creating your nfos?  You should let MC create them.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2020-04-20

(2020-04-19, 19:45)bobrap Wrote: Is Sonarr or Media Companion creating your nfos?  You should let MC create them.

Yes, any program, app or Kodi Addon that touches the nfo, can alter them and Users will see issues like the above.
Most of the issue mentioned are minimal, just requiring MC to resave the nfo's .

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Ozpeg - 2020-04-25

(2020-04-19, 19:45)bobrap Wrote:
(2020-04-19, 03:32)Ozpeg Wrote:
(2020-04-18, 23:18)vbat99 Wrote: You didn't answer -> Are you using a different Media Manager as well as Media Companion?

My usual routine is

•  

Is Sonarr or Media Companion creating your nfos?  You should let MC create them. 

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Ozpeg - 2020-04-25

I eneded up having to wipe my laptop and start from scratch (it looked like I had picked up a but of malware from somewhere) so had to set everything up from scratch
I have once other question re posters/fanart for TV shows and Movies

If I update the Posters and Fanart  for  Star Trek Enterprise or one of the movies does the poster and fanart get updated in the NFO, and ultimately Kodi ?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2020-04-25

(2020-04-25, 02:59)Ozpeg Wrote: I eneded up having to wipe my laptop and start from scratch (it looked like I had picked up a but of malware from somewhere) so had to set everything up from scratch
I have once other question re posters/fanart for TV shows and Movies

If I update the Posters and Fanart  for  Star Trek Enterprise or one of the movies does the poster and fanart get updated in the NFO, and ultimately Kodi ?

Yes for Nfo, but for kodi, no.

Once Kodi has scanned the nfo and artwork, it does not ever check the nfo again.
But, on the Movie/TV Series, you can select Info, then Refresh and it will pull in and update the library for that one movie/series.

One Excellent tool is Texturecache by Milhouse. Highly recommend this to clean and refresh the artwork and library.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373