Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2021-08-24

New Release.
Media Companion 3.751
Date: 2021-08-24

Bulk lot of bug fixes

Changes:
  • Movie - Revert many changes to new Kodi Date Added tag, fixing source of date to Video Files Create Date.
  • Movie - Fix getting Titles and AKA's from IMDB.
  • Movie - Alt Editor add DateAdded display, and button get DateAdded from Source video file.
  • Movie - Added Fix Date Added button to Movie Preferences -> Advanced tab. Will run throught MC database of movies, setting Date Added in nfo to Video files Create Date.
  • Movie - Fix Go To Movie from Table View.
  • Movie - Get year from Brackets first, then from anywhere in video file title.
  • Movie - Fix filter list height not honored if MC started any other tab than Movie tab.
  • Movie - New convert Legacy rating and vote nodes to new Ratings nodes. Movie Preferences -> Advance tab.
  • TV - Handle CDATA node.
  • TV - Batch Scraper, log missing series and continue.
  • TV - Clear all field Main Browser if no series in cache.
  • TV - New convert Legacy rating and vote nodes to new Ratings nodes. TV Preferences -> Extras tab.
  • TV - New option under Episode renaming, keep scraped title casing.
  • TV - Fix when Change Series on TMDB, if not TVDBID for selected series, the old series TVDBId was assigned to the new series.
  • TV - Add scrape options to not download banners, Series or Seasons.
  • MusicVideo - If list empty, clear all fields.
  • MC - Update 3rd party app for download of trailers.
  • MC - Movied option 'On Scrape, Ignored articles to end of Sort Title.' to Common Settings Preferences tab. Now functions on TV Series as well as Movies.
  • MC - Fix Export Library to Kodi import format for Movie video file.
  • MC - Option (disabled default) play finished sound on Search and Refresh

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.751b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - RonnieG3 - 2021-08-24

Hey bud! Hope things have gotten less stressful and all. Quick Question on Move Article to end for TV: Will a batch rescrape fix, or for existing shows will we need to correct manually?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2021-08-24

(2021-08-24, 21:59)RonnieG3 Wrote: Hey bud! Hope things have gotten less stressful and all. Quick Question on Move Article to end for TV: Will a batch rescrape fix, or for existing shows will we need to correct manually?

The option is on Scrape/Rescrape, but also visually.
What I mean is, if you have the show
The BlackList, and the option in Preferences is enabled, then in MC you will see the sort title is now showing
Blacklist, The

You can click the 'Save' icon on that series and then the sort title will be saved to the tvshow.nfo file as "Blacklist, The"

No need to rescrape. just go show by show.

I have not included this as an option in the rewrite nfo in Batch wizard.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Ozpeg - 2021-08-25

Hi vbat
Thanks for the latest update, however i am still having isues where the Outloine is still not scraping properly.
When I select the oiptn to rescrape the movie, or just the Outline I get ths error (sorry, can only hyperlkink the image)

Screenshot

To get around this error I have to delete the movie, and re-add it as a new movie.

Any suggestions how to stop this error ?Image

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2021-08-25

(2021-08-25, 09:50)Ozpeg Wrote: Hi vbat
Thanks for the latest update, however i am still having isues where the Outloine is still not scraping properly.
When I select the oiptn to rescrape the movie, or just the Outline I get ths error (sorry, can only hyperlkink the image)

Screenshot

To get around this error I have to delete the movie, and re-add it as a new movie.

That is a very odd error message, and indicates some issue with MC not being able to read the path to the nfo.

Just to check, You don't have Media Companion extracted to your desktop? or into Program Files folder or a User folder?? Any of these (even the download folder) could cause Media Companion to exhibit strange behavior. I usually recommend a sub folder directly in the root of C or D drive.
https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion/wiki/HowdoIinstallMC/
Excert
Code:
Do not use program files or User Folders, on Vista or above machines. Due to User Access Control (UAC) on these systems, it stops MC from writing configuration files to these folders. desktop, documents or User folders are not recommended!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Ozpeg - 2021-08-25

(2021-08-25, 09:57)vbat99 Wrote:
(2021-08-25, 09:50)Ozpeg Wrote: Hi vbat

Screenshot

That is a very odd error message, and indicates some issue with MC not being able to read the path to the nfo.

Just to check, You don't have Media Companion extracted to your desktop? or into Program Files folder or a User folder?? Any of these (even the download folder) could cause Media Companion to exhibit strange behavior. I usually recommend a sub folder directly in the root of C or D drive.
https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion/wiki/HowdoIinstallMC/
Excert
Code:
Do not use program files or User Folders, on Vista or above machines. Due to User Access Control (UAC) on these systems, it stops MC from writing configuration files to these folders. desktop, documents or User folders are not recommended!
I have had it in a subfoder in the "Documents" folder - obviously I missed the excerpt.
I'll move it, and try again
Thanks for the super-quick reply

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mataus19 - 2021-09-15

@vbat99 firstly thanks for the great work witht this superb software and for keeping it updated!

I use latts modded skin for the Aeon MQ 8. This skin requires that certain details are in the filename in order to show the icons. For example ATMOS, HDR, 10bit etc.

Using the 'Renaming/Naming' tab in 'Movie Preferences' I manage to get ATMOS in to the filename usinf '%A'.

However I am unable to get HDR and 10bit to be put in the filename. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I see that movies that have DTS HD-MA audio codec show only 'dts' in the filename when using '%A'. Is there any way to get 'dtshd' to be put in the filename using 'Renaming/Naming' tab?

Thanks!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2021-09-15

(2021-09-15, 13:58)mataus19 Wrote: @vbat99 firstly thanks for the great work witht this superb software and for keeping it updated!

I use latts modded skin for the Aeon MQ 8. This skin requires that certain details are in the filename in order to show the icons. For example ATMOS, HDR, 10bit etc.

Using the 'Renaming/Naming' tab in 'Movie Preferences' I manage to get ATMOS in to the filename usinf '%A'.

However I am unable to get HDR and 10bit to be put in the filename. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I see that movies that have DTS HD-MA audio codec show only 'dts' in the filename when using '%A'. Is there any way to get 'dtshd' to be put in the filename using 'Renaming/Naming' tab?

Thanks!

At present MC doesn't retrieve HDR or 10bit and store this is MC

As for DTS HD-MA being only dts, changing this would also break Kodi default skin which reads this for the correct display icon.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mataus19 - 2021-09-16

(2021-09-15, 20:38)vbat99 Wrote:
(2021-09-15, 13:58)mataus19 Wrote: Okay@vbat99 firstly thanks for the great work witht this superb software and for keeping it updated!

Thanks!

At present MC doesn't retrieve HDR or 10bit and store this is MC

As for DTS HD-MA being only dts, changing this would also break Kodi default skin which reads this for the correct display icon.
Okay, thanks for getting back to me.

Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2021-09-22

Is there a trick to downloading trailers again.  Some download but most don't.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2021-09-22

(2021-09-22, 05:05)artistwantab Wrote: Is there a trick to downloading trailers again.  Some download but most don't.
Will check, hadn't noticed it had failed again.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2021-09-22

(2021-09-22, 11:39)vbat99 Wrote:
(2021-09-22, 05:05)artistwantab Wrote: Is there a trick to downloading trailers again.  Some download but most don't.

Tested downloading trailers for 8 different movies, all trailers downloaded fine.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2021-09-25

(2021-09-22, 12:07)vbat99 Wrote:
(2021-09-22, 11:39)vbat99 Wrote:

Tested downloading trailers for 8 different movies, all trailers downloaded fine.
Hmmm...Well maybe you can tell me what I am doing wrong. 

Here is the short list of everything it wont scrape.

Mighty Oak (2020)
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (2020)
My First Summer (2020)
Painter (2020)
Penguins: Life On The Edge (2020)
Pigeon Kings (2020)
Playdate With Destiny (2020)
PS5 - The Future Of Gaming (2020)
Shoot To Marry (2020)
The Author The Star And The Keeper (2020)
The Beast (2020)
The Man In The Hat (2020)
Wild Daze (2020)
Beyond Borders (2021)
Built For Mars: The Perseverance Rover (2021)
Defining Moments (2021)
Evanescence: Embracing The Bitter Truth (2021)
Gintama: The Final (2021)
Girl Next (2021)
Infinitum: Subject Unknown (2021)
Madison And The Happiness Jar (2021)
Marathon (2021)
Octonauts: The Ring Of Fire (2021)
Star Wars Biomes (2021)
The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (2021)
The One (2021)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2021-09-25

Not scrape...wont download trailer.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2021-09-25

(2021-09-25, 04:03)artistwantab Wrote: Not scrape...wont download trailer.

First test...
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (2020) - Does not have any trailers listed against the movie on TMDB.

But...
My First Summer (2020) - has three trailers, but I couldn't download them in MC. Will check this out and let you know.