Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2021-09-26

(2021-09-25, 03:59)artistwantab Wrote: Hmmm...Well maybe you can tell me what I am doing wrong. 

Here is the short list of everything it wont scrape.

Mighty Oak (2020)
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (2020)
My First Summer (2020)
Painter (2020)
Penguins: Life On The Edge (2020)
Pigeon Kings (2020)
Playdate With Destiny (2020)
PS5 - The Future Of Gaming (2020)
Shoot To Marry (2020)
The Author The Star And The Keeper (2020)
The Beast (2020)
The Man In The Hat (2020)
Wild Daze (2020)
Beyond Borders (2021)
Built For Mars: The Perseverance Rover (2021)
Defining Moments (2021)
Evanescence: Embracing The Bitter Truth (2021)
Gintama: The Final (2021)
Girl Next (2021)
Infinitum: Subject Unknown (2021)
Madison And The Happiness Jar (2021)
Marathon (2021)
Octonauts: The Ring Of Fire (2021)
Star Wars Biomes (2021)
The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (2021)
The One (2021)

I didn't go through all of these listed movies, but the majority do not have trailers listed on TheMovieDB.
The ones that do, are supplied via Vimeo, which MC is not able to download.
Two that I did get from Youtube, wouldn't play and said "Uploaded did not make this available in your region"

Sorry, Nothing else I can do for these titles.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2021-09-26

Got it.

I thought it was pulling trailers from multiple sources including youtube.  

Thanks for looking into it.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2021-09-26

New Release.
Media Companion 3.752
Date: 2021-09-26

Bulk lot of bug fixes
New Multiple Poster and Fanart for Movies

Changes:
  • Movie - Setup preliminary support for multi poster and fanart (numbered 1 to 9)
  • Movie - If selected movie has multi posters or fanart, cycle images every four seconds.
  • Movie - Pause poster cycling if not on Movie Browser tab.
  • Movie - Fix error Zero length string if nfo does not contain <dateadded> node.
  • Movie - Fix scraping premier date from IMDb.
  • TV - Fix batch wizard if series has no TVDB Id...again.
  • TV - Fix Series fields cleared if lost focus, ie change to fanart tab then back.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.752b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2021-09-28

Just to advise all users of MC, that next release of Media Companion will no longer pull episode data from TheTVDB.

Due to Subscription requirement now from TVDb, and MC not getting access to test API, Media Companion will change to pull Series and episode data from TheMovieDB.

This transition will not be easy, and may be in stages as we phase out the TVDb routines.

I apologies for the inconvenience this will cause some users of Media Companion, but as the sole developer of Media Companion, I have limited time available.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2021-10-03

vbat99,

Im not sure this is by design, but if you choose to show all flags on top of the fanart, it does for about 3 seconds than dissapears. Prior versions would continue to show all flags.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2021-10-06

(2021-10-03, 16:13)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Im not sure this is by design, but if you choose to show all flags on top of the fanart, it does for about 3 seconds than dissapears. Prior versions would continue to show all flags.

Which flags are you meaning, the star ratings, or all Media overlays?
Not seeing this issue in MC on Movies.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2021-10-06

media overlays: dts 5.1 h264 180

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2021-10-06

(2021-10-06, 18:50)Edworld Wrote: media overlays: dts 5.1 h264 180

Oh yes, I feel I have not applied the overlays when rotating through multiple fanart images.
Oops.

So, latest MC has the feature that if there are multiple Fanart or Posters in the movie folder, MC will rotate through the images. aaannndd I misses one step before displaying the next image.

This will be fixed in the next release. Sorry.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - scott967 - 2021-10-28

Movie date added broken since 7.351
In 7.350 refreshing a movie folder would read <dateadded> from nfo files, store it in cache, and use it in date added sort.  <createdate> was set to the nfo file ctime and <filedate> set to nfo file mtime.

In 7.351 and 7.352 <dateadded> is not read, <createdate> is set to the refresh date and also used in date added sort.  <filedate> is set to nfo file mtime.  Appears to be a regression (I think this was fixed previously).

scott s.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2021-10-28

vbat99:

An old issue I haven't been able to fix. When I scrape a movie the first time I only get poster and fanart, I believe my settings are setup correclty to download all available artwork from fanart.tv

After the movie is scanned, I use the option rescrape specific by right clicking on the movie and selecting artwork from fanart.tv. This downloads all artwork without issues and I assume I do not have a key fanart issue.

https://pastebin.com/8URDU5Xv

Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2021-11-14

(2021-10-28, 19:33)Edworld Wrote: vbat99:

An old issue I haven't been able to fix. When I scrape a movie the first time I only get poster and fanart, I believe my settings are setup correclty to download all available artwork from fanart.tv
After the movie is scanned, I use the option rescrape specific by right clicking on the movie and selecting artwork from fanart.tv. This downloads all artwork without issues and I assume I do not have a key fanart issue.

https://pastebin.com/8URDU5Xv

Thanks

Testing this and you have Basic Save set during scraping.

Basic Save only allows
movie.nfo
poster.jpg
fanart.jpg

From Kodi Wiki: https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Movies
Quote:Regardless of what settings you have set for the source and scraper, Kodi will always search for and scan the nfo file first where available.

There are two naming schemes for movie nfo files. Both are explained and Kodi recommends using the <VideoFileName>.nfo format.

<VideoFileName>.nfo

NFO Files are named the same as the video file except with the .nfo extension.
We recommend using this filename format to name nfo files.

movie.nfo
Kodi may also scan nfo files named movie.nfo. To use this name, the setting Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title must be Enabled in the Set Content Screen

If the above setting is not enabled, Kodi will ignore the movie.nfo. If the <VideoFileName>.nfo file is available, Kodi will scan this one instead, otherwise an online scrape will be performed if a valid scraper is set for the Source.
If you use movie.nfo and later Export your library to Separate Files, Kodi will still create the nfo file in the <VideoFileName>.nfo format and two nfo files will exist. If a Refresh or rescan is run in future, and the above setting is still enabled, the <VideoFileName>.nfo file will be ignored in favour of movie.nfo, which means any changes you may have made to the library entry (play counts, watched status etc) will not be re-scanned back into the library.
We recommend using the <VideoFileName>.nfo format for nfo files to avoid the above traps.

In the past, this use to advise movie.nfo only support the two artwork files as i mentioned above.

So when you do a Rescrape Specific, this seems to ignore that the file is in Basic Save, and does download the fanart.tv....Which it shouldn't allow.

as from the Wiki, I recommend to disable Basic Save Mode in MC, and all will scrape correctly.

Cool thing is, if you disable Basic Save Mode in MC, you can then do a Rename selected movie(s) -> Movie Only, and the movie.nfo will be rename to <videoFileName>.nfo

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2021-11-14

(2021-10-28, 00:19)scott967 Wrote: Movie date added broken since 7.351
In 7.350 refreshing a movie folder would read <dateadded> from nfo files, store it in cache, and use it in date added sort.  <createdate> was set to the nfo file ctime and <filedate> set to nfo file mtime.

In 7.351 and 7.352 <dateadded> is not read, <createdate> is set to the refresh date and also used in date added sort.  <filedate> is set to nfo file mtime.  Appears to be a regression (I think this was fixed previously).

scott s.

<createdate> is an internal MC tag.
<dateadded> was introduced in MC 3.750b, which was formatted incorrectly and just a copy of <createdate>.
MC 3.751b modified the format of <dateadded> to be compatible with Kodi, and also, if <dateadded> was not in the nfo, this value was retrieve from the Files Create Date.
Not sure where you are getting <filedate> as Media Companion does not use this, or even save this tag in an NFO.

From my understanding, you are saying that date added should be the Modified date/time of the video file, not the Create Time.
And checking Kodi Wiki I see you are right.

I will change this in Media Companion for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2021-11-15

(2021-11-14, 22:05)vbat99 Wrote: Cool thing is, if you disable Basic Save Mode in MC, you can then do a Rename selected movie(s) -> Movie Only, and the movie.nfo will be rename to <videoFileName>.nfo

I did a test and it also renames all the files in the folder. So poster is now movie-poster, fanart is now movie-fanart. I was hoping it would do <videoFileName>poster.jpg

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2021-11-15

(2021-11-15, 05:59)Edworld Wrote:
(2021-11-14, 22:05)vbat99 Wrote: Cool thing is, if you disable Basic Save Mode in MC, you can then do a Rename selected movie(s) -> Movie Only, and the movie.nfo will be rename to <videoFileName>.nfo

I did a test and it also renames all the files in the folder. So poster is now movie-poster, fanart is now movie-fanart. I was hoping it would do <videoFileName>poster.jpg

Well, done more testing and there is something wrong with your config.xml. I can't pin-point it, but testing with your config.xml and it does not rename the poster or fanart file.

But with clean config, it does rename all three files. movie.nfo, fanart.jpg and poster.jpg all get renamed to <VideoFileName>.nfo, <VideoFileName>-poster.jpg, and <VideoFileName>-fanart.jpg.

I suggest renaming your config.xml to config.xml.orig, let mc build a new file, add your folders and test again.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2021-11-28

New Release.
Media Companion 3.753
Date: 2021-11-28

Bug fixes plus couple new options. See below

Changes:
  • Movie - Keep rating and stream details overtop of rotating fanart images.
  • Movie - Catch not checking if file exists Extrafanart.
  • Movie - Final fix <dateadded> now from Modified Time of video file.
  • Movie - Add option Movie Preferences -> Advanced, Exclude movie from collection list of movies if year is Unknown, ie Movie has no release date.
  • Movie - Add option Movie Preferences -> General, User can disable cycling through present multiple posters & Fanart.
  • Movie - Recognise Forced externat subtitles during renaming.
  • TV - Correct log output, reducing whitespaces.
  • TV - Fix display series missing poster causing crash.
  • TV - Add General tab to Preferences.
  • TV - Add option swap poster and fanart positions.
  • TV - Attempt fix race condition on batch rescrape updating TvTreenode.
  • MC - Switch trailer download helper to yt_dlp as more current and greater success.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.753b x86 & x64

Revision History