Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2022-04-24

(2022-03-30, 09:03)vbat99 Wrote:
(2022-03-19, 01:31)Edworld Wrote: I believe this is a bug that I started experiencing:

After viewing a movie in Kodi I update MC by clicking on watched. I find the movie using the white box to the left of "displaying" and if it is the only movie listed after I click viewed the movie disappears from the left panel and the title of the movie gets deleted as well as other data in the nfo file.

Checked and re-checked. Tested over and over again. Not happening for me.
Additional information that may help

As I mentioned, after viewing a movie, I go to MC. When I searched the movie I watched I have noticed that all the NFO info shown on the screen disappears and if I click on watched and then save it erases most of the information in the NFO file.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2022-04-26

(2022-04-24, 20:59)Edworld Wrote: Additional information that may help

As I mentioned, after viewing a movie, I go to MC. When I searched the movie I watched I have noticed that all the NFO info shown on the screen disappears and if I click on watched and then save it erases most of the information in the NFO file.
So I have heard from one other person that when they search for a movie title in MC that it displays blank in MC.

I have not been able to recreate this issue in MC myself.

BUT. if MC is not displaying any info on a selected movie, and you hit Save, then yes, MC will blank out the plot, synopsis, pretty much any field in MC that is empty and save those tags with no data.

As I said, I have not been able to reproduce this issue myself. Maybe it is a volume of movies in MC? Can you advise the count of movies you have in MC.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2022-04-26

Also, I wonder if you had any filters active, like ratings or year set.
Anything I can try to test.

Maybe PM me a link to your config.xml for download and I'll do more tests.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2022-04-26

(2022-04-26, 10:15)vbat99 Wrote: Also, I wonder if you had any filters active, like ratings or year set.
Anything I can try to test.

Maybe PM me a link to your config.xml for download and I'll do more tests.

I have 1,1,50 movies and no filters.

I also sent you my config file

Thanks, but still can't reproduce.

Must be something else, so I'll check on a couple of other test systems.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2022-04-26

Here is an example, movie is 300, windows 10

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2022-04-27

Its really odd that it does fill in some data, the collection, and the source.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2022-04-29

Is there a way to just scrape extra posters?

Disregard/never mind.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2022-06-03

Having an issue with some trailers....

It *The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It* can't find a trailer in the normal search and download way so I manually downloaded the trailer. 

Usually....adding -trailer to end of clip and re-scraping works. 

Not this time.   

So I went into the NFO to manually link to it.   I see <trailer> </trailer> there but when I looked at an existing NFO file with a working trailer there is not link back to the trailer. 

So not sure how to get a trailer to work here.

the extension of the trailer is.....mp4

Thought that may make a difference since most of my "auto downloaded" trailers are .mov

Thanks....

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2022-06-03

(2022-06-03, 21:31)artistwantab Wrote: Having an issue with some trailers....

It *The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It* can't find a trailer in the normal search and download way so I manually downloaded the trailer. 

Usually....adding -trailer to end of clip and re-scraping works. 

Not this time.   

So I went into the NFO to manually link to it.   I see <trailer> </trailer> there but when I looked at an existing NFO file with a working trailer there is not link back to the trailer. 

So not sure how to get a trailer to work here.

the extension of the trailer is.....mp4

Thought that may make a difference since most of my "auto downloaded" trailers are .mov

Thanks....

With Kodi, if there is a file with the append of -trailer with the movie, then Kodi does not need the node <trailer> in the nfo.
If you do have data in the node like
Code:
<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=hLg-IaVoaJY</trailer>
Then if there is no -trailer.<extn> file, Kodi will attempt to stream from the url in the trailer node

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Karellen - 2022-06-03

Yea, trailers can do with a bit of TLC.

Local trailers and scraped <trailer> are mutually exclusive, with the online trailer taking precedence.

If you have local trailers, don't scrape traliers. Remove the <trailer> tag from your nfo file and rescan back into the library to clear out the entry from the database.

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2022-06-03

I find that odd the local trailer does not take precedence over url, if the user has taken the steps to have a preferred trailer already downloaded.

But if that is the case, a can alter mc to remove any entry if a local trailer exists.

Or should the trailer node in the xml point to the local trailer file instead, like we can do for central actor image folder?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Karellen - 2022-06-03

I guess you can call it a bug.

(2022-06-03, 22:51)vbat99 Wrote: But if that is the case, a can alter mc to remove any entry if a local trailer exists.
Yes, best to remove the entry from the nfo and let Kodi scan the local trailer, like it scans artwork.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2022-06-03

Just so you both know this have NEVER happened till I installed the latest build. 

However it is movie specific and the only thing those movies have in common is the title length?  Both are very long titles?

Added...

I tried your suggestion and still says download trailer when the trailer is already in the folder

BTW...I don't use Kodi

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2022-06-04

(2022-06-03, 23:39)artistwantab Wrote: Just so you both know this have NEVER happened till I installed the latest build. 

However it is movie specific and the only thing those movies have in common is the title length?  Both are very long titles?

Added...

I tried your suggestion and still says download trailer when the trailer is already in the folder

BTW...I don't use Kodi
So are you playing these though Media Companion?

Then after manually putting the trailer file in with the movie with the naming <moviename>-trailer.<extn>
Do a Refresh of all movies, and select the movie with this issue. The Play Trailer button should become active.

Otherwise, past me the full path and filename for this movie and I'll attempt to reproduce.