Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2022-08-26

Sorry I didn't checked this earlier.   I just assumed no one was going to reply.

Don't apologize you are at least trying to help.

Yes latest version.

Scrapes some shows and doesn't scraper others.

This is the error I get....

Quote:With File : \\NIGHTCRAWLER\HarleyQuinn\Harley Quinn Videos\_Rescent\uploaded\_newTV\__newTV\The Book of Boba Fett\Season 01\The.Book.of.Boba.Fett.S01E01.mp4
Detected : Season : 01 Episode : 01
****----Using MC TVDB api V2 Scraper----****
Using Settings: TVdbID: 393589 SortOrder: dvd Language: en Actor Source: tvdb
ping body of episode: 1!!! Initializing TVDb...
WARNING: This episode: 1 - could not be found on tvdb
WARNING: Could not locate this episode on tvdb, or tvdb may be unavailable
-ERROR!

Here is a screen shot of my settings...Image

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Sylfest - 2022-08-29

I deleted the .NFOs i test scraped last. Now I can only scrape the shows not the episodes, i get same error as you.

Edit:
Okey that was when I tried your settings. When i checked the box "Use TVDb api v1" it scraped the two first episodes of The Book of Boba Fett (only tried those 2)

Edit 2: If it doesn't work. Try to remove the scraped show from the folder list, maybe even remove the tvshow.nfo.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - JanM201 - 2022-08-30

Hi all,
I have a question. See my Movie directory before scraping:
This is after the scrape:
It did not put my movie into a folder with all the scraped items inside of it.
What setting am I missing?
Any help is appreciated Huh

Show videos on drives not plugged in? - Afonzo - 2022-08-30

Does MC show videos of drives which are not pluagged in?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2022-08-31

(2022-08-29, 19:09)Sylfest Wrote: I deleted the .NFOs i test scraped last. Now I can only scrape the shows not the episodes, i get same error as you.

Edit:
Okey that was when I tried your settings. When i checked the box "Use TVDb api v1" it scraped the two first episodes of The Book of Boba Fett (only tried those 2)

Edit 2: If it doesn't work. Try to remove the scraped show from the folder list, maybe even remove the tvshow.nfo.
So I got it to work but it may not be the "correct" way and needs some massaging.   

In the folder section.....  in the scraper section when you scrape "THE SHOW" it must be set at "TVDb" <----- lower case "b"

Once the show is scraped and is verified - change the scraper to "TVDB" <-----upper case B

Then refresh -  Then scrape for NEW Episodes

Then refresh -  Then Batch Scrape -  TVDb  ID in series and episode

then refresh and movies are there....

That can't be the correct way and guessing maybe there is a bug and that is what they are working on

For now this worked for me.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - JanM201 - 2022-09-02

So my question basically is, is MC suppose to sort your movie file into a folder after doing a scrape.
For me it's not happening. If I turn on Renamer, it does sort it into a folder.
I don't want to turn on Renamer, so any ideas?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2022-09-05

For me...

file.......star wars 1977.mp4

It then creates a folder called whatever I specify to rename the file.

I like to have this...

folder and file name are now called....

Star Wars (1977) (1080)

Then all movies are moved into parent folders such as....my movies, my 3d movies...ect

I like showing the resolution so I know which movies I can replace with a better version when I can afford to.  You could do this with media companion too but this make it easy to move all the lowRes movies into a different folder.

You can then set it to download fanart, poster art, ect in the same folder.

Then actors in a separate folder within THAT movie folder or a master actors folder somewhere else.  Your choice.  Hope that helps

I don't use Kodi so it may be different for kodi users

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2022-09-05

Hi @artistwantab

Apologies, but I was not receiving any notifications from this thread.

Yes this app is still being developed, although slowly at present.

As for scraping form TVDB, I have no issues here with V1 or V2 API, Scraping Lost in Space Seasons 2 & 3 perfectly.
My one concern is that you have selected DVD Sorting, which if not set on TVDB, will probably cause the issue you are experiencing.

Generally, Episode sort order - Use Default
should be selected unless this is a series known to have aired differently to the DVD release sort order.

You also say you had success when selecting in the root folder to TVDb, but after the series scraped, change this to TVDB (Capital B)
There are only two options
TVDb - TheTvDb site
or
TMDB - TheMoviedDB site.

This section is for selecting the series under a specific root TV folder to have episodes scraped from TheTVDb or TheMovieDb
Your success is probably due to episode being scraped from TheMovieDb instead.

I hope this helps somewhat in resolving your issues. And again, I am sorry I did not check this forum instead of relying on email notifications.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2022-09-05

(2022-09-02, 13:23)JanM201 Wrote: So my question basically is, is MC suppose to sort your movie file into a folder after doing a scrape.
For me it's not happening. If I turn on Renamer, it does sort it into a folder.
I don't want to turn on Renamer, so any ideas?

Hi @JanM201

My default in MC the rename FIles or Folders is unselected.
The renaming is set to
Folders
%N\%T (%Y)

Files
%T (%y)

For Folders if the movie is part of a collection, it will create a collection folder, then the movie folder inside this, and all files pertaining to the movie will be moved into the new folder.
If not in a collection, then just the Folder will be created and all relevant files will be moved into this folder.

For Files, it just renames the files associated with the movie, whether they are in the Root folder, or in a separate folder.
You can change the renaming format to anything you like, check the legend in Movie Preferences -> Renaming/Naming tab.

Now, you do not have to rename during scraping, I don't have this set myself.
Instead, after the movie has been scraped, I right click the movie in MC Movie Browser tab, and select Rename selected movie(s) in list, and then choose either rename Movie and Folder, or just rename movie.

I hope this helps.

More info and functionality of MC can be read on our Wiki page, https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion/wiki/Home/

RE: Show videos on drives not plugged in? - vbat99 - 2022-09-05

(2022-08-30, 20:36)Afonzo Wrote: Does MC show videos of drives which are not pluagged in?

Hi @ALFONZO

Sorry no. Media Companion reads the nfo and displays artwork that is alongside the movie file.
If this is on a drive that is removed, then MC will not work properly or at all.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Afonzo - 2022-09-05

Hello vbat99,

So there is no (useful) way to use MC when one has movies / series (also) on external hard drives.

Many thanks!

Well, there is actually.

In MC there are Profiles.
You can create a profile for each Portable HDD you have, and when you start MC, you can select the profile for the specific HDD and you should be away and laughing.

What I'd do is have a default profile, no folders or drives assigned in MC
Then create a Seagate profile.
Switch to this profile, add your series root folder, movie root folder, and away you go.

Repeat for every portable HDD you have.

Switch back to the default profile before exiting MC, I am not sure what would happen if you are in the incorrect profile for the connected HDD, or if no HDD is attached.

Good luck.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Afonzo - 2022-09-05

Quote:You can create a profile for each Portable HDD you have, and when you start MC, you can select the profile for the specific HDD and you should be away and laughing.
And you then can see / search for / find EVERY / edit (the information of a) movie / series or only the ones in that sepcial profile just being active (for the online drive just running)?
Quote:Switch back to the default profile before exiting MC, I am not sure what would happen if you are in the incorrect profile for the connected HDD, or if no HDD is attached.
So may be you could lose all of the videos on that drive in MC?

But it actually sounds quite laborious.

Why are offline hard drives not supported? I would think many people have videos on external drives.

Many thanks!

(2022-09-05, 11:06)Afonzo Wrote: And you then can see / search for / find EVERY / edit (the information of a) movie / series or only the ones in that sepcial profile just being active (for the online drive just running)?
Yes, Edit, search etc as normal
Quote:So may be you could lose all of the videos on that drive in MC?
No, not lose, but it might make MC hic-up. All the data will still be on the drive. I just haven't experimented with removing a drive containing media in the middle of running MC.
Quote:But it actually sounds quite laborious.

Why are offline hard drives not supported? I would think many people have videos on external drives.

Many thanks!
As I mentioned, Media Companion reads the nfo and displays artwork that is alongside the movie file.
These files are with the movie, not cached in MC. Only basic data is cached in MC for use by filters.
When a movie, series, or episode is selected in MC, MC goes and reads the nfo for said file, load artwork from file location.

But how can it show all that then within a profile of an offline drive? So when you search for a movie on an offline drive MC shows it anyway you can do this - "Yes, Edit, search etc as normal" - because you have set up a profile? Although the drive is offline?