Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-16

There are two things you can do here.

1. Allow MC to scrape the movies and get the movie set name from TMDB. Therefore, nothing needs to be done. But, Set name is at the whim of TMDB entry. Personally I don't like this as people enter things like, Collection, Trilogy, Set.
If this option does appeal to you. You can use the Movie Batch Rescraper wizard, to add the TMDB Set Name to the movie nfo. This will runover all you movies, in folders or not, and add a Set if one is available on TMDb.

2. Manually Select and add to set.

Now, in a perfect world, I'd suggest we code MC to look for a specific start to a folder name, like "Set - Underworld", So look for "Set -" and add the Underworld as the set name to the movies inside the folder.

This does indeed sound interesting, but I can't say for now that it will get done. I will make the suggestion to the Dev's and add to Feature Request.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - BesterH - 2013-02-16

I did #1 and it was horrible. I've fixed this mistake will never make do that again.

As for your suggestion that sounds perfectly acceptable.

Thanks for your time and work on the project. It's improved greatly in the couple of months I have been using it. And the help and support is second to none.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-16

If and I mean IF, the feature is taken up, then you'll need to name you collection folders with "Set - " at the start.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - BesterH - 2013-02-17

That would be fine. If you look at MCM it puts a collections.xml file in the set to let the software know it's in a set. Then it uses the folder name as the set name. But then you have to rescrape the movies (overkill, actually takes quite a bit of type for a large set) and it detects the xml file and changes the nfo's accordingly.

The plus on the "Set -" option would mean that the sets could stay in your one movie folder and still be grouped together with themselves. That's why right know I have them in their own folder.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-17

I tried MCM, but waaay too many options. Good for some, but not for me. I like the graphical way MC lay's out the artwork.

As for sets, I have the root Movie folder and movies directly in the root folder, plus DVD Folders of movies not encoded yet, and finally SET - folders.
ie:
z:\Movies
z:\Movies\Rango.mkv
z:\Movies\Dune.mkv
z:\Movies\Tango And Cash\Video_ts etc
z:\Movies\Set - Die Hard
z:\Movies\Set - Evil Dead
z:\Movies\Set - Underworld

This way I can see clearly my Set's folders, and they're in order.

Is that kinda what you mean?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-18

New Release out!!!

MC3.545b just released.

Many fixes, some new features, as well as a tease for Movie Frodo support.

What that means is <moviename>-poster.jpg will be saved if Frodo or Both is selected.

BUT, DVD folder structure is not working. Still work in progress.

So, what ya waiting for. Go check it out!!!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - BesterH - 2013-02-18

For the sets option. That looks great to me. I moved all my sets to their own folder for now that way I new what I was dealing with. When I had all the movies in on main folder the way I knew they were sets was they had no date at the end. All the movies have a year at the end. That way I could tell the difference between movies with the same name. Robin Hood, The Rookie, True Grit, etc. But I like your way even more because then the sets would be "grouped" together in the list.

Speaking of year at the end. When renaming a movie is there a way to put the resolution at the end? 1080, 720, SD (for ones that aren't). I use mediainfo but a click glance at the resolution and the extension lets me know if that's a movie I might want to upgrade.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-02-18

Not sure regarding the addition of the resolution. I think it'll depend on what info we get back from mediainfo.dll. I do know the version we currently use required upgrading, but the generic release is double the size of MC as a whole download.

I'll add to Feature Request.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - fma965 - 2013-02-18

can we add support for frodo movies like this

moviename (YEAR)
moviename (YEAR)\fanart.jpg
moviename (YEAR)\moviename.avi
moviename (YEAR)\poster.jpg
moviename (YEAR)\movie.nfo

Huh?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-02-18

(2013-02-18, 19:05)fma965 Wrote: can we add support for frodo movies like this

moviename (YEAR)

Huh?

Once we get the ball rolling fully on Frodo for Movies. Right now, its a teaser. Partially working.

Movies in folders, DVD structured folders, are still Work-In-Progress.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - fma965 - 2013-02-18

(2013-02-18, 19:22)vbat99 Wrote:

moviename (YEAR)

Huh?

Once we get the ball rolling fully on Frodo for Movies. Right now, its a teaser. Partially working.

Ok well i would help but S*** been mad round here. LOL

New Release - MC3.546b

A big bug was caught just after release.
Fanart Tab for Movies was not operational. Fixed in MC 3.546b.

Download link as usual.

(2013-02-18, 19:25)fma965 Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 19:22)vbat99 Wrote:

moviename (YEAR)

Huh?

Phil's been busy with Movie side, fixing bugs and putting catches in place for crash messages. He's taking some time off for normal stuff, so now I'm looking into Frodo for Movies. AND, that'll be slow going. LOL.

(2013-02-18, 19:25)vbat99 Wrote: New Release - MC3.546b

A big bug was caught just after release.
Fanart Tab for Movies was not operational. Fixed in MC 3.546b.

Download link as usual.

(2013-02-18, 19:25)fma965 Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 19:22)vbat99 Wrote: Once we get the ball rolling fully on Frodo for Movies. Right now, its a teaser. Partially working.

Phil's been busy with Movie side, fixing bugs and putting catches in place for crash messages. He's taking some time off for normal stuff, so now I'm looking into Frodo for Movies. AND, that'll be slow going. LOL.

Well hopefully i will be able to get back in to this soon. Great work phil.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - bobrap - 2013-02-18

Tried the latest with Frodo selected and no posters are displayed. The file is created in the movie folder. When selecting poster tab and changing poster, it is displayed, but, saved as tbn. Hope this makes sense.

Any chances of getting actors saves as jpg instead of tbn? Thanks!

(2013-02-18, 20:04)bobrap Wrote: Tried the latest with Frodo selected and no posters are displayed. The file is created in the movie folder. When selecting poster tab and changing poster, it is displayed, but, saved as tbn. Hope this makes sense.

Any chances of getting actors saves as jpg instead of tbn? Thanks!

Yes, sorry for that. Hadn't quite finished the Frodo Movie side with regards to poster. Just wanted to get the new release out.

Hope to have sorted soon.