Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 04:52)Zxurian Wrote: okay, gotcha
although for reference, might make it more readable to have <<title:noarticle>>, & <<title:appendarticle>>
Yep, in hindsight, that would have been better!

'Inspired' by your comment, I have changed it to <<title[:noarticle|appendarticle]>>!
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Zxurian - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 04:55)HueyHq Wrote: 'Inspired' by your comment, I have changed it to <<title[:noarticle|appendarticle]>>!
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right!
Words I follow as well Smile

not to disregard the existing work, but would you mind if I included copies of your existing templates but modified to use the common bootstrap styling?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 09:11)Zxurian Wrote: Words I follow as well Smile

not to disregard the existing work, but would you mind if I included copies of your existing templates but modified to use the common bootstrap styling?
Not at all, go for it!

I'm fairly impressed with your template - where were you two weeks ago when I was messing with CSS stuff?! I'm thinking about going with custom boilerplate, but TBH, this is all new to me - it's been a few years since I did any web stuff, and my, how things have changed!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Zxurian - 2013-03-28

lol. that's what I primarily do. Next time hollar and i'll help out.

I'm trying to keep them as simple as possible without too much css or js, but still keep it looking clean.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - XELOR - 2013-03-29

nm

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-03-29

(2013-03-28, 23:31)Zxurian Wrote: lol. that's what I primarily do. Next time hollar and i'll help out.
Thanks, I might just do that!
I'm currently working on a PHP/MySQL version, similar to the 2-up filter template. The javascript version is fine if run locally, but my broadband is crap, and my collection is large, so over the net, it will be great to paginate it!
But my point being, when I'm done, it would be great if you could look over my JS and CSS and offer suggestions!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Zxurian - 2013-03-30

sure. and actually, you gave me an idea with the mysql.
I would think that exporting to html would be a standalone list, but if interfacing with a mysql server, I might just connect it ot my xbmc server directly, that way the web source would always have active results.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-03-30

Yeah, it had been my intention at some stage to port and/or integrate part of MC to interface directly with MySQL-enabled XBMC.
Unfortunately, time has been against me! Maybe someone such as yourself might like to get involved?!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Zxurian - 2013-03-30

request sent on codeplex. been awhile since I've done any windows development, but just installed vs express, so we'll see what happens.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-03-30

Awesome! Great to have you aboard!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-03-31

Another Release in time for the Holidays...

MC 3.554b is released.

Download and enjoy

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - heiNey - 2013-03-31

i scrape with mc, and it seems to be working fine. however, whenever i try to add the movies/nfo to xbmc's library, xbmc re-scrapes everything - essentially ignoring the nfo files generated by mc. how do i force xbmc to use the nfos from mc?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - swehawk - 2013-03-31

Jumped from 3.551b to 3.554b. All movies gone! Refresh and Search for new movies doesn't help. Judging by the speed of these operations though, it seems that MC has the movies in database, it just won't show them....

Edit: reverted to 3.553b and got my movies back Smile
Must be a bug in 3.554b!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - bobrap - 2013-03-31

Is there a setting that I may be missing for use with offline videos? Before, MC would save the fanart as the background when the avi files plays.

One other thing I noticed is saving the source. If I save source from the drop down as BDRip, a refresh negates that and no movies have a saved source. Make sense? Thanks again for the latest release!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-03-31

MC 3.556b release
to solve Cache loading issue
Download