Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Livin - 2013-04-19

I download the latest. It has been a long time since I tried MC so it is a 100% fresh install.

Movies works fine but TV browser is not populating? I even tried using both IP and Host name. Ideas?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-19

(2013-04-19, 23:05)Livin Wrote: I download the latest

and..................

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Livin - 2013-04-19

(2013-04-19, 23:05)Livin Wrote: I download the latest. It has been a long time since I tried MC so it is a 100% fresh install.

Movies works fine but TV browser is not populating? I even tried using both IP and Host name. Ideas?

It is working now but ONLY after I chose 'TV Shows \ Check Roots for new TV Shows' ... the big "Refresh All" button was what I was using before and it did not work.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-19

Yep, once you add tv root folder, you need to populate your 'Separate List Of folders', either by clicking the 'Add folders from Root' then clicking save, or by checking root for new shows.

Glad you got it sorted.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - bobrap - 2013-04-19

OK, after reading your response, I see where I was off. Each fanart has to be selected individually. I thought it was an automatic download of the extra fanart.

(2013-04-19, 23:37)bobrap Wrote: OK, after reading your response, I see where I was off. Each fanart has to be selected individually. I thought it was an automatic download of the extra fanart.

Nope, though this is a thought for initial scraping, but for now a feature idea. Glad you got it sorted.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Livin - 2013-04-20

(2013-04-19, 23:25)vbat99 Wrote: Yep, once you add tv root folder, you need to populate your 'Separate List Of folders', either by clicking the 'Add folders from Root' then clicking save, or by checking root for new shows.

Glad you got it sorted.

I did by guessing... it is not intuitive. What would be intuitive is if the huge button staring the user in the face did that for when the browser is not populated (e.g. a fresh install, etc)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-20

(2013-04-20, 00:06)Livin Wrote:
(2013-04-19, 23:25)vbat99 Wrote: Yep, once you add tv root folder, you need to populate your 'Separate List Of folders', either by clicking the 'Add folders from Root' then clicking save, or by checking root for new shows.

Glad you got it sorted.

I did by guessing... it is not intuitive. What would be intuitive is if the huge button staring the user in the face did that for when the browser is not populated (e.g. a fresh install, etc)

Yes, there are easier ways of letting users know what's going on, but then there is also the documents tab at Media Companion - Codeplex that helps users starting with Media Companion.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - echo - 2013-04-21

Thank you for the new release. I can see in the changelog that saving of poster.jpg is fixed, however it's still not working for me...the option is selected, and I've tried both "use folder names for scraping" and "all movies are in folders", but it makes no difference. Additionally, MC is not displaying any posters that currently exist as poster.jpg....it just shows the blue "no poster is available for this media type"...

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-21

(2013-04-21, 00:29)echo Wrote: Thank you for the new release. I can see in the changelog that saving of poster.jpg is fixed, however it's still not working for me...the option is selected, and I've tried both "use folder names for scraping" and "all movies are in folders", but it makes no difference. Additionally, MC is not displaying any posters that currently exist as poster.jpg....it just shows the blue "no poster is available for this media type"...

Just tested this with Thor in a folder, Use foldernames for scraping, and save poster.jpg.

Worked perfectly.

So, removed poster.jpg.

Ran batch wizard, download missing artwork.
poster.jpg saved in Thor folder.

Working as it should

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - echo - 2013-04-21

I just did some testing.
I never have "download posters during autoscrape" enabled as I prefer to pick and choose the art myself. When it is not enabled, downloading a poster manually always creates moviename-poster.jpg irrespective of the "save as poster.jpg" tick. Only when "during autoscrape" is selected, does poster.jpg get created ALONG with moviename-poster.jpg, which is basically unnecessarily doubling images....is this intended?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - swehawk - 2013-04-21

I concur with echo. The naming of posters and fanart is inconsistent, No matter that "Frodo and onwards", "All movies in folders", "Use folder.jpg" and "Use fanart.jpg" are ticked and saved. I get different results depending which method I use to get artwork. With these options set I would expect one "Poster.jpg " and one "Fanart.jpg" in each movie folder, no more, no less, regardless of method used. Also, it seems like you can't avoid getting extra artwork when manually scraping artwork. I even got fanart.tbn in one case....

Now, don't get me wrong here. I really appreciate the effort you guys put into making MC a killer app, and your'e pretty damn close! One you manage to sort out the remaining bugs....

Edit: Let me get more specific. I have a movie "Argo (2012).mkv" in a folder "Argo (2012)". What artwork do I get using the different methods available?

1. Right click on movie in movielist and selecting....
- Rescrape all: Argo (2012)-fanart.jpg + Argo (2012)-poster.jpg + fanart.jpg + poster.jpg.
- Frodo poster thumbs: None
- Frodo fanart thumbs: None
- Poster browser (alternative): Argo (2012).tbn
- Fanart browser (alternative): Argo (2012)-fanart.jpg
2. Poster tab - manual selection: Argo (2012)-poster.jpg
3. Fanart tab - manual selection: Argo (2012)-fanart.jpg + fanart.jpg
4. batch rescraping wizard: Same as for "rescrape all" (see above).

What artwork is displayed in the Main browser (Movies)?

Poster.jpg: No
Fanart.jpg: No
<foldername>-poster.jpg: Yes
<foldername>-fanart.jpg: Yes
<foldername>.tbn: Yes

I'm also a bit confused about naming conventions in the GUI. Is Fanart = Backdrop? Is Thumb = Poster? Maybe someone could be kind enough to clarify this to an ignorant like myself Wink

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-21

(2013-04-21, 11:38)echo Wrote: I just did some testing.
I never have "download posters during autoscrape" enabled as I prefer to pick and choose the art myself. When it is not enabled, downloading a poster manually always creates moviename-poster.jpg irrespective of the "save as poster.jpg" tick. Only when "during autoscrape" is selected, does poster.jpg get created ALONG with moviename-poster.jpg, which is basically unnecessarily doubling images....is this intended?

Lets start out here. It was a request to have poster.jpg a while ago, so it was added, and yes, it was meant to have moviename-poster.jpg still. Will sort this out in future releases.

(2013-04-21, 15:17)swehawk Wrote: I concur with echo. The naming of posters and fanart is inconsistent, No matter that "Frodo and onwards", "All movies in folders", "Use folder.jpg" and "Use fanart.jpg" are ticked and saved. I get different results depending which method I use to get artwork. With these options set I would expect one "Poster.jpg " and one "Fanart.jpg" in each movie folder, no more, no less, regardless of method used. Also, it seems like you can't avoid getting extra artwork when manually scraping artwork. I even got fanart.tbn in one case....

Now, don't get me wrong here. I really appreciate the effort you guys put into making MC a killer app, and your'e pretty damn close! One you manage to sort out the remaining bugs....

Edit: Let me get more specific. I have a movie "Argo (2012).mkv" in a folder "Argo (2012)". What artwork do I get using the different methods available?

1. Right click on movie in movielist and selecting....
- Rescrape all: Argo (2012)-fanart.jpg + Argo (2012)-poster.jpg + fanart.jpg + poster.jpg.
- Frodo poster thumbs: None
- Frodo fanart thumbs: None
- Poster browser (alternative): Argo (2012).tbn
- Fanart browser (alternative): Argo (2012)-fanart.jpg
2. Poster tab - manual selection: Argo (2012)-poster.jpg
3. Fanart tab - manual selection: Argo (2012)-fanart.jpg + fanart.jpg
4. batch rescraping wizard: Same as for "rescrape all" (see above).

What artwork is displayed in the Main browser (Movies)?

Poster.jpg: No
Fanart.jpg: No
<foldername>-poster.jpg: Yes
<foldername>-fanart.jpg: Yes
<foldername>.tbn: Yes

I'm also a bit confused about naming conventions in the GUI. Is Fanart = Backdrop? Is Thumb = Poster? Maybe someone could be kind enough to clarify this to an ignorant like myself Wink

Feedback like this is what we want. During the transition to having frodo art in MC, there has been many hack's to get it all working, some functions ie poster alternative and fanart alternative, haven't been updated (mainly as they are forgotten about).

BUT, apart from double ups, we do get the artwork.

In your example, I can tell you've got 'Both' selected, as this is the only way to get tbn files still. And as for ""Is Fanart = Backdrop? Is Thumb = Poster"" fanart is thumb, is probably Backdrop. Poster is Poster!

All your points are being taked under advisement and an outcome will be decided. LOL. Give it some time people, and we'll get this straightened out.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - swehawk - 2013-04-21

I'm fine with either <moviename>-poster/fanart.jpg, or just poster/fanart.jpg, just not both of them, and I'm sorry to say, I do not have "Both" selected!I have "Frodo and onwards" selected! Scout's honor Wink

So, no stress! I'll check back tomorrow expecting to find 3.600-Final with all bugs fixed -NOT Cool

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - halburrows - 2013-04-23

Love the ignoring dot underscore names in TV! Can this be added for movies too? Pretty please?