Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-06-05

After some discussion with vbat99, (I think) we have decided upon the extracted parameter from the MediaInfo DLL of 'language' (as opposed to previously using 'language/string') that will return the ISO639-1 two-letter abbreviated language, but if not present, will return the ISO639-2 three-letter abbreviation, but also with the optional ISO 3166-1 country separated by a dash (eg. en-us)!

I've checked the XBMC source code to make sure this is OK, and by all accounts, it seems to be imported correctly.
vbat99 mentioned that XBMC always exports as ISO639-2 (3-letter), and from the comments in the XBMC source code, this appears to be a convention to support Windows internationalisation, if I've read into it correctly!

So it hasn't been changed willy-nilly, and your original issue was correct in the assumption that MC was providing the wrong value of 'dum'!

Hopefully, this legacy code is now replaced with something more standardised!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - pdo65 - 2013-06-05

Thanks HueyHq and vbat99 for your actions!!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - akya - 2013-06-08

Movies that I scraped with the new version are being identified as "Movies with Missing Local Actors"... even though the actors and their images have been scraped perfectly.. See the screenshot..

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-06-08

(2013-06-08, 07:28)akya Wrote: Movies that I scraped with the new version are being identified as "Movies with Missing Local Actors"... even though the actors and their images have been scraped perfectly.. See the screenshot..

Seems to be a slight glitch there. Will try and sort it out for the next release.

Thanks for informing us.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - akya - 2013-06-08

(2013-06-08, 07:38)vbat99 Wrote: Seems to be a slight glitch there. Will try and sort it out for the next release.

Thanks for informing us.

Happy to report Angel

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-06-08

(2013-06-08, 07:38)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-06-08, 07:28)akya Wrote: Movies that I scraped with the new version are being identified as "Movies with Missing Local Actors"... even though the actors and their images have been scraped perfectly.. See the screenshot..

Seems to be a slight glitch there. Will try and sort it out for the next release.

Thanks for informing us.

Right, this is not a fault.

There was a fix put in place as MC was only storing actors in the nfo, if there was an image for the actor on IMDB.

This meant that some movies, only dl'd one or two actors for movies, even if there were six or seven actors, etc.

If you look through your movie's actors, I am sure you will find one or more that have no image. This is where the filter is picking up missing actor images.

Either ignore this filter, or reduce the amount of actors you download. (Heck for one movie it downloaded over 150 actors and extra's. Waaaaay too much. LOL)

Aah.. got it. The movie had a few actors without an image.. Also one more question, Currently I have a movie with 97 actor images downloaded.. If I set limit at 30 and scrape actors again, the extra images aren't deleted.. So should I just delete all .actors folders and scrape actors again?

(2013-06-08, 08:18)akya Wrote: Aah.. got it. The movie had a few actors without an image.. Also one more question, Currently I have a movie with 97 actor images downloaded.. If I set limit at 30 and scrape actors again, the extra images aren't deleted.. So should I just delete all .actors folders and scrape actors again?

Yep, delete the .actors folder and scrape again.

Cleaning up of obsolete images/artwork is on the plans, just don't want to upset users if we remove something they want to keep.

Cheers.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - kruuth - 2013-06-08

Is there a way to force Media Companion to re-download the folder.jpg for existing films? I had accidentally unchecked it and now a bunch of my movies don't have it.

(2013-06-08, 14:11)kruuth Wrote: Is there a way to force Media Companion to re-download the folder.jpg for existing films? I had accidentally unchecked it and now a bunch of my movies don't have it.

Re-enable folder.jpg and use batch rescraper wizard to find missing posters. Should work.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - akya - 2013-06-09

1. What is the use of adding custom tags to movies? Do they help in sorting etc?

2. I have a habit of adding my own tags at the end of the folder names ( not to the actual movie file )
for ex: Drive\A Beautiful Mind [HD]\A Beautiful Mind.mp4
When I sorted the list by folder name and tried to search [HD] nothing came up.. I thought sq. brackets were the problem, so I removed the brackets and only kept HD at the end.. still nothing shows in the filters... Is there any way I can achieve this? And tell me if I am asking too many questions.. lol.. Trying to tune it just the way I want.. Tongue

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-06-09

(2013-06-09, 15:17)akya Wrote: 1. What is the use of adding custom tags to movies? Do they help in sorting etc?

2. I have a habit of adding my own tags at the end of the folder names ( not to the actual movie file )
for ex: Drive\A Beautiful Mind [HD]\A Beautiful Mind.mp4
When I sorted the list by folder name and tried to search [HD] nothing came up.. I thought sq. brackets were the problem, so I removed the brackets and only kept HD at the end.. still nothing shows in the filters... Is there any way I can achieve this? And tell me if I am asking too many questions.. lol.. Trying to tune it just the way I want.. Tongue

Q 1. See following Link

Q 2. MC doesn't note any extra information regarding folder naming or file naming, but lists by the movie title alone.

You can filter your list by using the pop-up list at the bottom of your Movie browser list, and filter by resolution etc.

And questions are good.

BTW. You've checked out documentation on the MC Codeplex site? I know it's not up to date, specially in regards to the filters. and tags...

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - akya - 2013-06-09

Thanks for the info and yep I have gone through the documentation.. I manually add tags because sometimes movies are not HD even if the resolution is 720p.. But not a problem.. Now I know how things are getting sorted exactly Smile

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Kurosau - 2013-06-12

I've got a quick question. I've reviewed the documentation and I've searched through this thread and the last one looking for an answer but I wasn't able to find once, hence why I'm here.

When I do a Search New on my library to pickup the titles that haven't yet been scraped, I find that several of the items on my list error out stating that they can't be found on TMDB. Is there a way to get MC to prompt me when it finds an object it can't identify, so I can manually identify the film and have it scrape it properly? Or just a way I can add the raw item into the library so I can scrape it using the MC tools?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-06-12

(2013-06-12, 21:13)Kurosau Wrote: I've got a quick question. I've reviewed the documentation and I've searched through this thread and the last one looking for an answer but I wasn't able to find once, hence why I'm here.

When I do a Search New on my library to pickup the titles that haven't yet been scraped, I find that several of the items on my list error out stating that they can't be found on TMDB. Is there a way to get MC to prompt me when it finds an object it can't identify, so I can manually identify the film and have it scrape it properly? Or just a way I can add the raw item into the library so I can scrape it using the MC tools?

From your post I see your using XBMC TMDB scraper in Media Companion.

TMDB is very sensitive to mis-spelt/grammar issue causing it to not identity the correct movie.

What is needed is to log what movies are not scraped. We do not want to pause the auto-scraping of movies while attempting to change one movie, at a time.

With the built-in IMDB scraper, errors are almost non-existent as we use Google to auto-correct movie titles before we get the IMDB id from the results. It still gives the odd miss-match, but its almost 98% accurate.

Now, with movies that can't be found on IMDB, we have the Genre field set to "Problem" and its very simple to filter out which movies didn't scrape correctly, and the user can manually 'Change Movie" (now either by IMDB or TMDB), or they can use Explorer to change the title of the video file and 'Search New' again.

With this in minds, it should be possible to log "problem" in Genre field for movies not found, when scraping with XBMC TMDB scraper.

And I'm currently working in this scraper function in MC, adding Movie Rename and download Actor Images, including when you 'Change Movie' by TMDB. So I'll look into some sort of error catching, creating an empty nfo.

Can't promise it'll be ready for the next release, but should be in for the following one.