Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - akya - 2013-07-18

(2013-07-17, 22:32)johnsills1 Wrote: Were you able to download the trailer?

Yep.. Check this - Image

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-18

(2013-07-17, 23:26)scott967 Wrote: Looking forward to playing with the XBMC link - sounds really powerful and useful. Just wish there was something like that for music and music video. Oh well.

I do have a usage question. My setup is that I run MC against local folder trees of Movies and TV shows. When I am happy with all the updates I sync my local folders to my NAS, which is what XBMC has for library source via windows SMB shares. How do you see XBMC link feature used in this scenario? So far I have been unable to get the "Movie folder mapping" popup to do anything -- can't see a way to edit it to set my SMB share for XBMC.

Update: OK I figured out my problem is that I hadn't got past the general preferences yet in my setup and once I got the movies set up then I could enter my XBMC movie source path. Maybe as a suggestion you could have that window generate an error like "no MC movie folders defined" if the user tries to set Movie folder mappings without first creating MC movie folder(s) entry. So far just tested against my local install of XBMC 12.2. All my XBMCs are on windows running in portable mode (except for one Android on JB which I wonder if that can work?), and that works fine (validates) for the single instance I've tested so far.

scott s.

AnotherPhil's set up the XBMC Link, and apart from getting all green ticks when clicking Validate, that's all we can do. We could, um, er ...dumb it down?.. not being nasty, but really no point.

Interesting that you got XBMC on Android to work. Good job.

(2013-07-17, 22:14)johnsills1 Wrote:
(2013-07-17, 00:21)vbat99 Wrote: Drop me the name of the movie

Swordfish (2001) It is also showing some weird issues with the Trailer download.

Same result as Akya, scraped Swordfish and got the four extra fanart images.

Might it be a firewall/Antivirus blocking things for you?

Sorry, not sure how to go forward in helping with this issue.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Constructacon - 2013-07-22

All my movies (except) have disappeared with 3.5.7.3. I deleted all my .nfo files and rescraped last week using 3.5.7.1 to bring everything into line with Frodo standards but now they aren't showing. Scraping for new movies doesn't detect any either. I use the movie.nfo option (and all folders contain this file). I've tried deleting moviecache.xml and rescraping but get no new movies detected. Not sure what is going on.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-07-22

Have had similar issues when changing movie folders for debugging - not sure what is going on either, but find that restarting MC will do it. Not sure if I do a Refresh first.
I think something has gone awry with the cache load.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-22

(2013-07-22, 00:30)Constructacon Wrote: All my movies (except) have disappeared with 3.5.7.3. I deleted all my .nfo files and rescraped last week using 3.5.7.1 to bring everything into line with Frodo standards but now they aren't showing. Scraping for new movies doesn't detect any either. I use the movie.nfo option (and all folders contain this file). I've tried deleting moviecache.xml and rescraping but get no new movies detected. Not sure what is going on.

(2013-07-22, 05:52)HueyHq Wrote: Have had similar issues when changing movie folders for debugging - not sure what is going on either, but find that restarting MC will do it. Not sure if I do a Refresh first.
I think something has gone awry with the cache load.

I wonder if you upgraded to MC3.573 by overwriting your existing install of 3.571. If so, please try the following.

First. Start Media Companion and go to Debug tab. On this tab, select "Clear Cache folder on Exit" and close Media Companion.
Re-start Media Companion and Refresh button on Movie Browser tab.

If this did not work, then please do the following.
Close Media Companion and
  • Delete Cache folder.
  • Delete Settings folder.

Restart Media Companion and re-set up all your preferences. ( I recommend closing and re-opening Media Companion once after setting your preferences, just to ensure all settings, caches etc are saved again)
Add back your movie source and now (hopefully) your movies should show up.

Last option is open a Issue on Media Companion Codeplex site and upload your config.xml.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Constructacon - 2013-07-23

Alas this netted no results Sad I've now opened up a ticket on the Codeplex site (#999)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-07-24

(2013-07-07, 11:46)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: To the Dev's, as ever this is a great program and it's an integral part of my HTPC. Your hard work to keep improving it is always much appreciated.

It's not often I find something which is worth mentioning here, so I'll keep it brief and hopefully there is an easy answer.

When I have the GUI open, I have the filter set to "date added".

I dont think the below happened in previous versions, but when I upgraded to v3.5.7.1, the "date added" filter shows that all movies were added on the same date, ie the date of the upgrade.

I'm guessing that by deleting the movie and tv cache xml's in the settings folder, the "date added" is also deleted.

As mentioned, I cant recall this happening in previous versions. This filter is quite useful to me because I use it to double check newly added movies / tv shows to ensure the correct movie has been scraped, edit sets, and change artwork prior to updating XBMC library.

Is there a better way to force MC to reload movie and tv xmls after an upgrade without deleting them first?

Thanks in advance for your help.

**edit: This gets weirder: I'd say 90% of my movies have 05 July 2013 as the date added, but these have slowly been added over the 3 years

I have a few movies with random dates, with the most recent being added on 02 July, and three form 2012....
I've now added a tool that will update the <createdate> tag in the NFO file to whatever the 'modified' date of the movie file is. It will be available next release, and is accessed from the Tools menu.

The tool itself is very rudimentary, but does allow a little bit of filtering to select the movies you want to update. Hope it is of use to someone!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-24

Deleted as irrelevant

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-07-24

Yup, exactly!

This tool is redundant for XBMC, which now gets its 'Date Added' field from the movie file (yay! can't remember if it is an option or not), so this really only fixes up the filtering on 'Date Added' field for MC if your NFOs have gotten messed up. And only those ones you select to update.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - somnath2003 - 2013-07-24

How to create the movie info file using media companion to share it in torrent site?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-07-25

(2013-07-24, 22:19)somnath2003 Wrote: How to create the movie info file using media companion to share it in torrent site?
Media Companion = wrong tool for the job.

MC will read .info files to search for IMDb ID, but writes .nfo files for XBMC.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-28

Media Companion MC3.574b Released

Download Here

Revision History

Few more fixed for XBMC-Link.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - psykix - 2013-07-29

I have just started to use this today - thought I would give it a whirl...

I have a problem though with extra fanart, any ideas?

Error is below :-

Code:
* One or more errors were detected during scraping. See below for details.   *
* To disable seeing this, turn off General Perference - 'Show log on error'. *

Rescraping all data for:

Scraping Title: Monster in Paris, A
Using IMDB : tt0961097
Movie Body Scraped OK
Actors scraped OK
Trailer URL Scraped OK
Extra Frodo Poster thumbs: 3
Extra Frodo Fanart thumbs: 6
Pre-Frodo poster URLs scraping not enabled
HD Tags Added OK
Poster(s) scraped OK
Fanart URL Scraped OK
Problem Saving Extra Fanart
Error Returned :- System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\Media Companion 3.574b\cache\2C78DA8D8D9EBF1F1A7064EAE948DD5F2FDE28B3.jpg' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at Media_Companion.DownloadCache.SaveImageToCache(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload)
   at Media_Companion.DownloadCache.SaveImageToCacheAndPath(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload, Int32 resizeWidth, Int32 resizeHeight)
   at Media_Companion.Movie.SaveFanartImageToCacheAndPath(String url, String path)
   at Media_Companion.Movie.DoDownloadExtraFanart()

Finished

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-29

(2013-07-29, 15:52)psykix Wrote: I have just started to use this today - thought I would give it a whirl...

I have a problem though with extra fanart, any ideas?

Error is below :-

Code:
* One or more errors were detected during scraping. See below for details.   *
* To disable seeing this, turn off General Perference - 'Show log on error'. *

Rescraping all data for:

Scraping Title: Monster in Paris, A
Using IMDB : tt0961097
Movie Body Scraped OK
Actors scraped OK
Trailer URL Scraped OK
Extra Frodo Poster thumbs: 3
Extra Frodo Fanart thumbs: 6
Pre-Frodo poster URLs scraping not enabled
HD Tags Added OK
Poster(s) scraped OK
Fanart URL Scraped OK
Problem Saving Extra Fanart
Error Returned :- System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\Media Companion 3.574b\cache\2C78DA8D8D9EBF1F1A7064EAE948DD5F2FDE28B3.jpg' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at Media_Companion.DownloadCache.SaveImageToCache(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload)
   at Media_Companion.DownloadCache.SaveImageToCacheAndPath(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload, Int32 resizeWidth, Int32 resizeHeight)
   at Media_Companion.Movie.SaveFanartImageToCacheAndPath(String url, String path)
   at Media_Companion.Movie.DoDownloadExtraFanart()

Finished

This occurs if Media Companion is placed in a permissions controlled folder, ie: desktop or User data folder.

I suggest moving Media Companion to your C Drive, so the folder is like "c:\Media Companion 3.574b"
Then, please delete the profile.xml file from your settings folder. (this file points to the last location that MC was run from, not deleting this will give you other errors. It is re-created on next start).

Let us know if this fixed the issue for you.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - bobrap - 2013-07-30

Just wondering if a feature has been removed or I'm just missing how to use it. I remember, in past versions, the original title drop-down window allowed you to choose from multiple titles. I'm only getting one now. Is this intended? Also, thanks for all the work on a great program! Smile