Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - maddog808 - 2013-11-21

(2013-11-21, 02:09)HueyHq Wrote:
(2013-11-21, 02:05)maddog808 Wrote: Well. I deleted ll the .nfos, and started over last night. The scrape was finished when I got home just now, and I have the same results as before. Except this time, the 2 dominant movies are "Citizen Kane" and "Django Unchained". Out of about 750 movies, MC labeled about 400 as Citizen Kane, and 250 were labeled Django unchained. The rest seem to either be correct, or unidentified. It seems that every time I start over, the results get worse.
Hi Matt, check your PMs. Huey.

OK. I checked and replied with some info and links.

Thanks again, Huey!! Cool

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - alexxx - 2013-11-21

I'm new to this world so probably I'm missing something...
... but I'm a bit upset, having lost a lot of time to setup my movies with Media Companion (though I fear that it would have been the same with any other database).
Whatever I do, once I add some movies with MC and connect my (USB) disk to xbmc, it doesnt see them.
The only way is to ask it to "Scan for new Content", and at that point it starts "Scanning the movies using the Movie Database" .
But I already scanned ALL OF THEM!

what am I missing?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-11-22

(2013-11-21, 23:40)alexxx Wrote: I'm new to this world so probably I'm missing something...
... but I'm a bit upset, having lost a lot of time to setup my movies with Media Companion (though I fear that it would have been the same with any other database).
Whatever I do, once I add some movies with MC and connect my (USB) disk to xbmc, it doesnt see them.
The only way is to ask it to "Scan for new Content", and at that point it starts "Scanning the movies using the Movie Database" .

what am I missing?

XBMC won't see the new movies till they are added to the library, unless you go to files. In XBMC, you need to set the content for your USB HDD to Movie, but check under that title for 'Local Information'. This mean XBMC will scrape the local nfo and artwork only.

That 'Local Information' may be Gotham only, or in Frodo 12.3 (when release, and yes, there is talk about 12.3)

Hope that helps some.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - alexxx - 2013-11-22

(2013-11-22, 00:49)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-11-21, 23:40)alexxx Wrote: I'm new to this world so probably I'm missing something...

what am I missing?

XBMC won't see the new movies till they are added to the library, unless you go to files. In XBMC, you need to set the content for your USB HDD to Movie, but check under that title for 'Local Information'. This mean XBMC will scrape the local nfo and artwork only.

That 'Local Information' may be Gotham only, or in Frodo 12.3 (when release, and yes, there is talk about 12.3)

Hope that helps some.

thank you for the hint, but I'm unable to do it:
going into "Change Content" for the movie folder, I see as scraper "the moviedb", and in options:
1) movies are in separate folders (ON)
2) scan recursively (ON)
3) selected folder contains a single video (off)
4) exclude path from library updates (off)

I dont know what to do -

BTW I'm on raspbmc, runnning XBMC 12.2

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-11-22

(2013-11-22, 14:35)alexxx Wrote: thank you for the hint, but I'm unable to do it:
going into "Change Content" for the movie folder, I see as scraper "the moviedb", and in options:
2) scan recursively (ON)

I dont know what to do -

Yes, there is an issue with XBMC Frodo, where it wants to search "The Movie Database", even if there is local data.
This was fixed for Gotham, where you could change to "Local Information".

I'm not sure of a work-around, as I've been searching for this also. Sometimes XBMC scrapes from local files and other times from Internet, ignoring the nfo's already created.

What about if you unplug the LAN, before doing a library update? May not work, but be interested what the results are.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - HueyHq - 2013-11-23

(2013-11-22, 14:35)alexxx Wrote: thank you for the hint, but I'm unable to do it:
2) scan recursively (ON)

I dont know what to do -

Hi Alex,
I think I may have the same setup as you, and your settings seem correct - even tho' I have TMDb selected as the scraper, XBMC still loads the local content.
What you "may" be seeing is XBMC scraping the actors, which Frodo will NOT procure locally, and takes a VERY long time on a RaspPi.

This might not be the solution you looking for, but if you want to try it, go to:

System -> Settings -> Video -> Library -> Download actor...

Good luck, hope this helps!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-11-27

Media Companion 3.589b Released
A Few new features:
  • Option to get missing data from IMDB when scraping using XBMC's TMDB scraper
  • 2 New filters - Filter by Tab, and Scrape Error filter.
  • Alternative Movie versions. 3D, Directors-cut, Extended-Edition, and user custom entries.
Download here

Revision History here

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - juggy - 2013-11-29

3.589b fresh install

1) How to setup TV Shows on multiple locations (HDDs). In my setup I had to start the new season of a show on a second HDD. When exported from XBMC it creates two NFOs in both locations and replicates the artwork as well (XBMC handles it perfectly for now). In MC no matter what I do it duplicates the show and the episodes within. Please let me know if there is a solution for handling multiple seasons of the same show on different HDDs.

2) With regards to movie trailers, I have noticed that URL is included in the advanced nfo menu. However, is it possible to automatically check my library for invalid trailer URLs and update them? Is it also possible to play the trailer from the URL? If not are those features on the radar for future updates?

Thank you in advance for your help.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-11-29

(2013-11-29, 13:38)juggy Wrote: 3.589b fresh install

1) How to setup TV Shows on multiple locations (HDDs). In my setup I had to start the new season of a show on a second HDD. When exported from XBMC it creates two NFOs in both locations and replicates the artwork as well (XBMC handles it perfectly for now). In MC no matter what I do it duplicates the show and the episodes within. Please let me know if there is a solution for handling multiple seasons of the same show on different HDDs.

2) With regards to movie trailers, I have noticed that URL is included in the advanced nfo menu. However, is it possible to automatically check my library for invalid trailer URLs and update them? Is it also possible to play the trailer from the URL? If not are those features on the radar for future updates?

To answer your questions:

1. Media Companion does not support split locations of a Tv Show. I don't believe it is something that can easily be added to MC. It would be interesting to know how XBMC handles importing these duplicate tvshow.nfos, whether two show titles are in the Tv Show list. I would suggest shuffling your data around so you can keep all episodes of a Show together.

2. MC won't support playing a trailer from the URL, but only if that trailer is downloaded for the selected movie. Currently MC only checks if the URL is valid on Scrape, and if the user selects to download the trailer. Persistent URL checking was disabled as this drastically slowed MC down when switching between movies. The work-around is to use Batch Rescraper Wizard and select 'Trailer'. Let this run and it will check each movie's URL is valid, if not, MC will get a new URL.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - artistwantab - 2013-11-30

Hey,

Just thought I would mention a small bug.

The rename settings keep defaulting to the original settings when I hit search to add new movies. I then renter the info and hit apply and still no luck keeping the changes.

BTW...Love the program.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-11-30

Sorry, what? Your meaning settings as in preferences? Your clicking Apply before exiting preferences?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - artistwantab - 2013-11-30

Ok...

I add movies to the a folder
Then in (Movie Preferences) I have the following.

Folder Rename

%N\%T (%Y) (%V)

Movie Rename

%T (%Y) (%V)

When I hit Search for new movies it defualts too...

%N\%T (%Y)
%T (%Y)

I have hit apply and then it works but when I add new movies again and the settings are gone.

I have tried to figure out what series of steps causes it but can only conclude that it happens when NEW movies are added via search. I hope this helps.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-11-30

That's great (well not so great) will make fault tracking easier. Be a day before can look at the code but will keep you informed.

Glad I could help.

Was happening as early as V3.5.8.7

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - juggy - 2013-12-01

(2013-11-29, 18:13)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-11-29, 13:38)juggy Wrote: 3.589b fresh install

To answer your questions:

1. Media Companion does not support split locations of a Tv Show. I don't believe it is something that can easily be added to MC. It would be interesting to know how XBMC handles importing these duplicate tvshow.nfos, whether two show titles are in the Tv Show list. I would suggest shuffling your data around so you can keep all episodes of a Show together.

2. MC won't support playing a trailer from the URL, but only if that trailer is downloaded for the selected movie. Currently MC only checks if the URL is valid on Scrape, and if the user selects to download the trailer. Persistent URL checking was disabled as this drastically slowed MC down when switching between movies. The work-around is to use Batch Rescraper Wizard and select 'Trailer'. Let this run and it will check each movie's URL is valid, if not, MC will get a new URL.

Thank you. I still can't add to your reputation Smile

1. XBMC does handle split locations of a Tv Show properly without duplicating the TV show. I have no idea how it's done but it is in their manual as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

2. I will play around with the Batch Rescraper. Is there an option to choose HD trailers?

3. Just to report something...the program gives an error/crashes from time to time and needs to be restarted when using the movie search field. I am trying to analyze what kind of searches trigger it but no luck so far. It just seems random to me for now because when I restart the program and do the exact same search it works. Never had double crash for now.