Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2014-02-04

(2014-02-04, 09:28)Acrobat76 Wrote: 1) It is selected but the trailer still doesn't download during autoscrape. I'm now wondering whether it may have to do with the fact that I use the XBMC scraper. Will try switching scraper and testing it again later today

2) 1920 x 1080

3) Thanks Smile

Um, possible. Would have to double check the code, but I think the Trailer download is only present on IMDB scraping.

Yep, while you can get the trailer URL while scraping from XBMC TMDB scraper, the trailer isn't downloaded.

In a few more releases, I hope to have cleaned up this area of code, pulling it inline to how the IMDB code runs.

For now, use the "Batch Update Wizzard", select Trailer, and it'll download all missing trailers. Or select the movie, and if the trailer is missing, there is a Download button at the bottom of the overview. If the trailer is present, this becomes a "Play Trailer" button.

As for 1920x1080, I don't have a display available to test MC's GUI at that resolution.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - Acrobat76 - 2014-02-05

Thanks for your help Smile

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - Acrobat76 - 2014-02-07

An update: Problem (3) seems to be related to the XBMC scraper too after all. I moved back to the original scraper and the status bar reappeared.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2014-02-07

Both use the same status bar for logging progress.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2014-02-13

Media Companion 3.595b Released

Couple of new features, Many issues fixed.

Download here

Revision History here

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Zerelah - 2014-02-23

Hi
I have been using this for a while and ive noticed the source is always left blank how do i get this populated ?

Thanks for this almost perfect piece of software

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-02-23

(2014-02-23, 18:36)Zerelah Wrote: Hi
I have been using this for a while and ive noticed the source is always left blank how do i get this populated ?

Thanks for this almost perfect piece of software

Added for the next release of Media Companion, MC scans the filename during scraping and if a source that is listed in Video Source (found in Movie Preferences -> Advance tab), is present, then it adds this to the movie's Source tag.

Alternatively, you can manually select the Source from the drop list on Main Browser tab. Just remember to Save after selection.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Zerelah - 2014-02-26

Hi again

I was wondering how the hell to overcome the problem with MC deletes title and tvdb id so it makes it impossible to scrape the show ?
I have tried to fix the nfo manually but mc still deletes its, and i have enabled the fix in settings the pasted the tvdb in the field of the browser saved and then exit, when i start it up again all is good until i refresh and/or check for new episodes then it goes blank again.
Is there a way to fix this ?

And then I have a small issue I cant figure out I would like to save actor thumbs to one folder for both movie and tv and then put those link in the nfo Is this possible.

I would much apriciate the help

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-02-26

(2014-02-26, 04:36)Zerelah Wrote: Hi again

I was wondering how the hell to overcome the problem with MC deletes title and tvdb id so it makes it impossible to scrape the show ?
I have tried to fix the nfo manually but mc still deletes its, and i have enabled the fix in settings the pasted the tvdb in the field of the browser saved and then exit, when i start it up again all is good until i refresh and/or check for new episodes then it goes blank again.
Is there a way to fix this ?

And then I have a small issue I cant figure out I would like to save actor thumbs to one folder for both movie and tv and then put those link in the nfo Is this possible.

I would much apriciate the help
Media Companion shouldn't delete title and tvdb id. But, you can't paste the tvdb id or edit the title in MC and save the show, as these fields is not editable. (Title is something that I was suppose to make editable)
Instead, right click the show and select 'Open Nfo'.
If there is a <id></id> line, paste the tvdb id inbetween the ><, or add
<id>123456</id> somewhere below the title.

In regards to one folder for Movie and Tv Actors, there are settings under the Movie Preferences -> Advanced tab for setting a local folder. I **Believe** that TV actors are also stored in this location if it is set, but personally I haven't tested the TV Side of actors in local folder. I do know that this is working for Movies.
When setting a local folder, that path to the actor's image is then stored in the Movie/Tv's nfo file.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or this isn't working as I've explained.

Hi vbat

First off Thanks for you fast and awesome support.
In response to the title no being editble What i mean is it deletes the title from the nfo along with the tvdb.
and i am sad to say I have done all you suggested and the show and title may come back but when i refresh or scans for new epsiodes both title and id is gone wich makes it kind of hard to scrape Big Grin
I can get it back and lock the show and save confirm its in the nfo but as soon as i refresh its deleted again.

In regards to the actors I have messed around with the settings to save them on one location but for tv actors it creates the folder but dont download the images the folder that are linked to remain empty and another scrape for actors dosent download em.

Hi Zerelah

For the first issue, can you extract the latest version of Media Companion, 3.595b, to a new folder in your root directory of your main drive. I want to be sure its not a security issue that is causing this issue.
Make a folder like c:\Media Companion and extract into this folder. Then setup Media Companion fresh for Tv Shows.

I hope it is only one show that is causing issues, if not, select one show and delete the tvshow.nfo, and let Media Companion scrape the show from fresh.

Let me know how that goes.

As for the TV Actors, I will have to look at the code. I suspect that this section has not been updated to save correctly to a local file. It may be a day or two to get on top of that one.

Hey
I think you might be right I am running mc from my desktop ill try it out and let you know how it goes
and again tx for your quickness ;D

No prob, when I'm awake, I try to reply asap. As I know the feeling, wanting answers and waiting around. LOL.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - angusc - 2014-02-27

Hi vbat99,

When I scrape with MC I get folder called ".actors" with the actor thumbs.tbn this would be fine except that when viewing a movie title in XBMC one I click the movie the directory opens to show the .actors folder and also the actual movie........ How can I either stop XBMC from displaying the .actors folder or stop MC from creating it in the first place?
Ideally I would want XBMC to open the movie with information about that movie and then play from the info screen.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-02-27

(2014-02-27, 03:59)angusc Wrote: Hi vbat99,

When I scrape with MC I get folder called ".actors" with the actor thumbs.tbn this would be fine except that when viewing a movie title in XBMC one I click the movie the directory opens to show the .actors folder and also the actual movie........ How can I either stop XBMC from displaying the .actors folder or stop MC from creating it in the first place?
Ideally I would want XBMC to open the movie with information about that movie and then play from the info screen.

First, I believe you have not set the content for your mapped movie folders, to be Movies. Right now, you are in file-mode, like explorer.
Select your movie folder, and pull up the context menu, select 'Set Content'. Select Movie (if its a movie folder), and hit OK.
Now you will be asked if you wish to scan for new content so select Yes, and it'll be added to the library.

Once in library, you will not see the .actors folder, or any other artwork, it'll all be added to the library.