Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - ztrust - 2014-06-10

(2014-06-09, 20:03)vbat99 Wrote: @ztrust

That will be a complex option to instigate, but might be doable. I'll add to feature request on the roadmap.

As for running on a headless system, I am not sure how one would go about that. If you can't run mc_com.exe then you may be out of luck.

Hi vbat
I can run mcm_com no problem. but it gives error when run from another automated script

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-06-10

(2014-06-10, 07:18)ztrust Wrote:
(2014-06-09, 20:03)vbat99 Wrote: @ztrust

That will be a complex option to instigate, but might be doable. I'll add to feature request on the roadmap.

As for running on a headless system, I am not sure how one would go about that. If you can't run mc_com.exe then you may be out of luck.

Hi vbat
I can run mcm_com no problem. but it gives error when run from another automated script

In you script, are you changing directory into Media Companion folder, and then calling mc_com.exe? This must be done so mc-com.exe can read the config files.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - ztrust - 2014-06-10

I am not sure I understand you, but I put the full path to mc_com.exe in the script i.e /c:/media companion/mc_com.exe -e

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-06-10

not exactly
in you script put
Code:
c:
cd media companion
mc_com.exe -e
You must be in the Media Companion folder, to call mc_com.exe -e. Otherwise mc_com.exe does not know the working directory.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - ztrust - 2014-06-11

thank you I will play with this

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - borgmanjayce - 2014-06-17

I downloaded the latest beta but Windows 8.1 wouldn't let me install at first, but when I tried to install from the .exe file, it wouldn't let me extract the files needed to install the program.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-06-17

(2014-06-17, 12:12)borgmanjayce Wrote: I downloaded the latest beta but Windows 8.1 wouldn't let me install at first, but when I tried to install from the .exe file, it wouldn't let me extract the files needed to install the program.

I haven't heard of any issue in Win 8.1 and the self extracting exe.
Maybe the download was corrupted, or you need to install 7-zip.
Try this version to open the file.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-06-17

What is this in the nfo? Continuing, ended, new? <state>0</state>

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-06-17

(2014-06-17, 21:34)bobrap Wrote: What is this in the nfo? Continuing, ended, new? <state>0</state>

<state> is an internal Media Companion tag. XBMC Ignores this, but MC uses this to know if
Show is Locked
Show is Unlock
Show is unverified

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-06-27

Media Companion 3.598b Released.
Download from here

Many more bug fixes, as well as a number of improvements, and some requested features).

Enjoy, and as always, Post a review, post up issues.

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-06-28

Everything is working great for me, so far. I do have another request, if I may. When you highlight a movie, you can scroll using the up/down arrow keys. Any chance of getting that ability in the TV section? Once again, thanks for you time and effort! Smile

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-06-28

(2014-06-28, 14:13)bobrap Wrote: Everything is working great for me, so far. I do have another request, if I may. When you highlight a movie, you can scroll using the up/down arrow keys. Any chance of getting that ability in the TV section? Once again, thanks for you time and effort! Smile

Actually, that function was there, but some how when you start to scroll, focus jumps to the tvshow's actors. I'll look into fixing that up. Added to the To Do list.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-07-01

Hey, Rob. Has the new page layout at TMDB affected the actor download? I seem to be getting errors now.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-07-01

(2014-07-01, 00:24)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. Has the new page layout at TMDB affected the actor download? I seem to be getting errors now.

Nope. Website layout doesn't affect getting movie info from TheMovieDb. For TMDB we use an api to retrieve the movie's data and images.

Just tested scraping a movie with actor's from TMDB, working correctly. (Tested with Superman movie (Brandon Roth one).).

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-07-01

(2014-07-01, 03:13)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 00:24)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. Has the new page layout at TMDB affected the actor download? I seem to be getting errors now.

Nope. Website layout doesn't affect getting movie info from TheMovieDb. For TMDB we use an api to retrieve the movie's data and images.

Just tested scraping a movie with actor's from TMDB, working correctly. (Tested with Superman movie (Brandon Roth one).).

Never mind...just tried a re-scrape and all went well. Another one of those "go figure" incidents Smile.