Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - skypichat - 2017-12-08

(2017-12-04, 17:11)robweber Wrote: For anyone with issues please check here for the status of the GitHub Issue on it. Pull request open with Kodi repo right now. Alternative methods to fix are to install for master branch on GitHub manually. Really sorry for all the issues. The googleapi addon was updated recently with some breaking changes for the current Backup version in the repo. Since the addon.xml file still had the older googleapi version listed I didn't think this would be a breaking change. In any case, hopefully it's resolved quickly. 

https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/issues/120
 Thanks for the fix, it realy helped me because I just crached my Kody Smile

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - RickMcD - 2017-12-08

(2017-12-04, 17:11)robweber Wrote: For anyone with issues please check here for the status of the GitHub Issue on it. Pull request open with Kodi repo right now. Alternative methods to fix are to install for master branch on GitHub manually. Really sorry for all the issues. The googleapi addon was updated recently with some breaking changes for the current Backup version in the repo. Since the addon.xml file still had the older googleapi version listed I didn't think this would be a breaking change. In any case, hopefully it's resolved quickly. 

https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/issues/120
 Works as advertised.  Thanks for the quick fix, and an excellent explanation.  Appreciate all of your work.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Stugots2 - 2017-12-08

when will it be on the Kodi repo?

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - scustalow1 - 2017-12-08

The new update worked with Kodi 17.6 but not with 16.1 .. thank you for the update

Backup Program error - retrovanian - 2017-12-08

I have used the backup program from the Kodi Program Repository for over a year with no trouble. However at the moment it installs producing a Program error at the last point as it finishes install and when clicked on it will not work but comes up with the same error. I am using Kodi Jarvis on Android Kit Kat therefore the latest version of Kodi will not work on this system.
Thanks and kind regards James.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Stugots2 - 2017-12-09

Still not in the Kodi repo

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Mount81 - 2017-12-10

(2017-12-07, 16:44)robweber Wrote: Anyone that still has issues I'd recommend the following: 

1) please re-install from Git version. An issue with the scheduler (unrelated to api.discovery error) was pointed out on Github. It may be affecting some people. It's updated now. When Kodi repo updates this fix is included as well. 

2) please check your dependencies. Because the only fix now is to install the addon via a zip file dependencies are not going to automatically be updated like they would if you're installing from the main repo. For this addon you need the following: 
  1. script.module.httplib2 - 0.8.0
  2. script.module.oauth2client - 4.1.2
  3. script.module.uritemplate - 0.6
  4. script.module.yaml - 3.11
  5. script.module.googleapi - 1.6.4
  6. script.module.requests - 2.9.1
If you have errors please post them here (not whole dump please, just the error) or on Github as an issue. Could be your specific installation has something else going on.     
Hello!
I am still getting error on KODI 16.1.:
i have tried everything: downloaded and installed separately from zip file all the dependencies above. I only couldn't find the script.module.googleapi - 1.6.4 on the net anywhere. Could you give a download link for this one? - ->  I have found the script to download and installed it, but it still didn't helped at all.

Anyway: with all the others listed and the latest 1.1.0 Backup add-on installed i'm still getting the "Error" message and the add-on just wouldn't start. 

Is there any way to make it work on KODI 16.1? Thank You!

Here's the error part of the debug log file:

12:14:35 T:18446744071899183392   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>
                                            Error Contents: invalid syntax (stone_validators.py, line 427)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-master/scheduler.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.backup import XbmcBackup
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-master/resources/lib/backup.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                from vfs import XBMCFileSystem,DropboxFileSystem,ZipFileSystem,GoogleDriveFilesystem
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-master/resources/lib/vfs.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                import dropbox
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-master/resources/lib/dropbox/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                from .dropbox import __version__, Dropbox, DropboxTeam, create_session  # noqa: F401
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-master/resources/lib/dropbox/dropbox.py", line 20, in <module>
                                                from . import files, stone_serializers
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-master/resources/lib/dropbox/files.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from . import stone_validators as bv
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/xbmcbackup-master/resources/lib/dropbox/stone_validators.py", line 427
                                                self.value_validator.validate(value) for key, value in val.items()
                                                                                       ^
                                            SyntaxError: invalid syntax
                                            -->End of Python script error 

And also full of lines like this:

12:16:11 T:18446744071951087904  NOTICE: stopped
12:16:11 T:18446744071951087904  NOTICE: destroy
12:16:11 T:18446744071951087904    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x9684c180 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
12:16:11 T:18446744071951087904    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x9680d5c0 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
12:16:11 T:18446744071951087904    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x968e3f40 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
12:16:11 T:18446744071951087904    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x968e3640 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
12:16:11 T:18446744071951087904    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x969f42c0 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
12:16:11 T:18446744071951087904    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x968ce600 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
12:16:11 T:18446744071951087904    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x96896640 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
12:16:11 T:18446744071951087904    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x96896540 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
12:16:11 T:18446744071951087904    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x96896400 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
12:16:11 T:18446744071951087904    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x971e2fc0 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
12:16:11 T:18446744071951087904    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Pn.bergmann - 2017-12-10

I’m reluctant to do the Github workaround.

Can Kodi team confirm whether or not there will be a backup error correction update for 16.1Huh

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2017-12-11

Good news for most people - the Kodi repo is updated with all the fixes from the Master branch now. I'm closing all issues related to the api.discovery errors. 

Bad news for some - looking at the error message posted above  on Kodi 16.1 thanks @Mount81 I think I have an idea of what is going on. I noticed in the directory path it contains "Android". Android systems on Kodi 16 run Python 2.6. Starting with Krypton all Kodi versions run Python 2.7 but previous to that Android (and I think Rpi) systems ran 2.6. This reminded me of an old issue regarding the Dropbox API affecting only Python 2.6 from a while ago. That issue was patched but the syntax issue is eerily similar in this case. I'm not an expert on the differences between the python versions here but it's similar enough I'm willing to take a chance that's what's going on. 

So the long and short of it is that the Dropbox api on Kodi 16 and earlier, running Android or RPI systems is still throwing an error due to this problem. I can attempt to code a python 2.6 work around but I have no way of knowing if a fix for this issue will just lead to a 2.6 syntax problem elsewhere. I've created a new github branch for this and will post back here when I have a fix in place for the error posted above. If someone could test and confirm it's working (or post any new errors) I'll continue to try and make the library compatible for 2.6 in that branch. 

Links:
Python 2.6 upgrade for Krypton - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8207
Original 2.6 issue: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/commit/b7c24896c9913107b91fb4f544122a5d096f7417
New 2.6 issue: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/issues/126
2.6 fix branch: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/tree/dropbox_2.6_fixes

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - quayrd - 2017-12-11

Hi,

I get an error at the end of a Restore on the ATV4. It says there was an error and to check logs for more info. However after i restart Kodi, the restore was successful.

This is with the latest fix in the official repo.

Thank you

[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - MB1968 - 2017-12-11

Hi Rob, I'v e got a request for a next version: the possibility to create multiple backup tasks/jobs. Three different jobs would be nice.

For example:
Backup Job 1: Complete backup

Backup Job 2: Only Database folder
(I'm doing this manually now on a regularly basis by using Solid Explorer)

Backup Job 3: etc

This should be possible, if we could make the settings for each backup job/task.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - arsMOBILIS - 2017-12-12

(2017-12-11, 17:17)robweber Wrote: Good news for most people - the Kodi repo is updated with all the fixes from the Master branch now. I'm closing all issues related to the api.discovery errors. 

Bad news for some - looking at the error message posted above  on Kodi 16.1 thanks @Mount81 I think I have an idea of what is going on. I noticed in the directory path it contains "Android". Android systems on Kodi 16 run Python 2.6. Starting with Krypton all Kodi versions run Python 2.7 but previous to that Android (and I think Rpi) systems ran 2.6. This reminded me of an old issue regarding the Dropbox API affecting only Python 2.6 from a while ago. That issue was patched but the syntax issue is eerily similar in this case. I'm not an expert on the differences between the python versions here but it's similar enough I'm willing to take a chance that's what's going on. 

So the long and short of it is that the Dropbox api on Kodi 16 and earlier, running Android or RPI systems is still throwing an error due to this problem. I can attempt to code a python 2.6 work around but I have no way of knowing if a fix for this issue will just lead to a 2.6 syntax problem elsewhere. I've created a new github branch for this and will post back here when I have a fix in place for the error posted above. If someone could test and confirm it's working (or post any new errors) I'll continue to try and make the library compatible for 2.6 in that branch. 

Links:
Python 2.6 upgrade for Krypton - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8207
Original 2.6 issue: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/commit/b7c24896c9913107b91fb4f544122a5d096f7417
New 2.6 issue: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/issues/126
2.6 fix branch: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/tree/dropbox_2.6_fixes
Hi Rob, I wish I'd known about this problem a couple of hours ago. My main Android TV box is on Krypton and I encountered the "check log" error until Backup autoupdated to 1.1.0. Good job. Now I'm refreshing an old box (Android 4.4.2) for the son of a friend which was stuck on Kodi 14.2. I used Backup in the hope of reducing my workload after nuking the existing Kodi so the system would let me install Jarvis. All well until I tried to restore, and then I get the new "validate" error and I can't restore my backup. I didn't bother to manually copy my Kodi file path because I've always found your add-on reliable. Now I'm stuck reinstalling everything from scratch. I tried installing SPMC and using Backup there but the problem is the same. I'd be happy to test for you if you come up with a possible solution for Jarvis.

Wouldn't be a problem if I could install Krypton, but the chance of upgrading this box from 4.4.2 is less than zero.

UPDATE:

I just realized the backup simply copied to the SD card so I should be able to manually restore everything I need.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2017-12-12

Just posted a fix for the issue in the stone_validators.py file. I've confirmed the code is working (didn't break Dropbox) and should be 2.6 compatible. If anyone could please test that would be great. You don't need to actually upload anything to dropbox, just confirm the addon will run under Jarvis on Android or Rpi. Not sure if this is the only 2.6 issue so if there is another error please post and I'll take a look at fixing that as well. 

https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/tree/dropbox_2.6_fixes

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Mount81 - 2017-12-13

(2017-12-12, 23:16)robweber Wrote: Just posted a fix for the issue in the stone_validators.py file. I've confirmed the code is working (didn't break Dropbox) and should be 2.6 compatible. If anyone could please test that would be great. You don't need to actually upload anything to dropbox, just confirm the addon will run under Jarvis on Android or Rpi. Not sure if this is the only 2.6 issue so if there is another error please post and I'll take a look at fixing that as well. 

https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/tree/dropbox_2.6_fixes
 Hello!

I have tried both the repository version on and this new one you've linked on KODI 16.1, but still the same "Error" message.

I have sent the debug info in PM.

I hope it helps, thank you!

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - MOTOX22A - 2017-12-14

Rob,

The good news is your KODI Addon is very popular and considered essential by everyone...

The bad news is (For us stuck on Kodi 16.1 because we have boxes that can't run 17+)
the backup addon is still not working...Still getting the error with the latest update fixes.