Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - jcsaba - 2019-03-14

In the end, I managed to restore settings backed up under 18.2 Leia into 17.6 Krypton in the following way: I made a back up of settings under the reinstalled 17.6 Krypton in ZIP format because Krypton finds backup folder it creates. I copied this ZIP file into into an UBS stick in the folder where I had saved my settings backed up UNZIPPED under 18.2 Leia ("H:\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\201903112345.zip"). While 17.6 Krypton couldn't detect these unzipped settings earlier ("H:\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\201903072234") (after restore command, no folder got displayed to restore from), after copying the new ZIP file which resulted in 2 back up folders in "H:\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi", first is "201903072234" folder, second is "201903112345.zip" folder, 17.6 Krypton could detect both folders and do the restoring from the targeted "201903072234" folder.
Thanks for the help.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - DarrenHill - 2019-03-14

One additional comment on this - in Leia the support for archives (zip, rar etc) has been moved out of the core program into add-ons. So you may find that you need to install the relevant add-on before Leia can work with the zip files properly.

You can find the add-ons in the offical repo under virtual file systems iirc.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - NetworkGuy - 2019-03-14

Cool, glad you got that working!

Interesting, would you know which add-on is needed for dealing with zip files?

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - DarrenHill - 2019-03-14

Add-on:Archive support (wiki) I would expect.

There are only three VFS addons, the other two being for RAR and SFTP format support.

(2019-03-14, 15:26)DarrenHill Wrote: Add-on:Archive support (wiki) I would expect.

There are only three VFS addons, the other two being for RAR and SFTP format support.

Thanks I'll check that out. Appreciate the information.

(2019-01-30, 16:39)DarrenHill Wrote: Try installing the archive support addon (in the official repo under virtual filesystems) and see if that helps.

Just found this reply from last month. I'll look into adding this add-on.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - ferdinand - 2019-03-20

Hi, someone knows if the plugin correctly backup the Windows Store version and restores to regular installer version?
Because last time I tried restoring an installer version backup to the Windows Store it ended up messing with the library (which I had to delete and re-add) and all addons were marked as disabled.
Has someone tried doing this?
Thank you and thanks to the author for this great plugin.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - daherlihy - 2019-03-20

(2019-03-20, 08:19)ferdinand Wrote: Hi, someone knows if the plugin correctly backup the Windows Store version and restores to regular installer version?
Because last time I tried restoring an installer version backup to the Windows Store it ended up messing with the library (which I had to delete and re-add) and all addons were marked as disabled.
I don't really understand this - although I should point out that when you restore addons from a backup, the addons will be disabled by-design and will each have to be manually re-enabled.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - ferdinand - 2019-03-22

(2019-03-20, 13:52)daherlihy Wrote:
(2019-03-20, 08:19)ferdinand Wrote: Hi, someone knows if the plugin correctly backup the Windows Store version and restores to regular installer version?
I don't really understand this - although I should point out that when you restore addons from a backup, the addons will be disabled by-design and will each have to be manually re-enabled. 
 I didn't know about the addons, thanks for the info.

What I meant with my previous comment was: If I make a backup from a Windows Store installation and then I try to restore said backup to a regular installation (I mean, one made from the .exe installer), it will work?
But anyway, I decided to install manually everything and so far so good.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - daherlihy - 2019-03-22

(2019-03-22, 09:15)ferdinand Wrote: If I make a backup from a Windows Store installation and then I try to restore said backup to a regular installation (I mean, one made from the .exe installer), it will work?
Yep it will/should- I've backed and restored backups between Windows, Android and Raspberry Pi devices without any issue.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - ferdinand - 2019-03-24

(2019-03-22, 10:07)daherlihy Wrote:
(2019-03-22, 09:15)ferdinand Wrote: If I make a backup from a Windows Store installation and then I try to restore said backup to a regular installation (I mean, one made from the .exe installer), it will work?
Yep it will/should- I've backed and restored backups between Windows, Android and Raspberry Pi devices without any issue. 
Thank you, this should save me a lot of time in the future.
Cheers.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - OhmyWerd - 2019-04-19

Hi, using 18.1 on Xbox One and installed this backup addon. I did a backup to my usb drive last night and today a dodgy addon totally ruined my build but when i've tried to restore it fails, is this a bug with xbox one and does anyone know where I can get a working xbox backup addon?

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - mato2015 - 2019-05-14

Hi Rob. Thanks for you addon, it saves me sometimes... I dont know about how long this error comes up, i see it last days first Time, and i searched long time for an issue, but nothing found.

T:140695209768704 WARNING: CAddonSettings[script.xbmcbackup]: cannot reference setting (relative index: -8; absolute index: -1) in another category in old setting condition "eq(-8,3)" for "remove_auth_button"

what ca i do to fix this ? and whats the reason for this warning ?

have a nice evening.

I use Leia on ubuntu dingo disco, without an Nvidia Card ;-)

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - MalW - 2019-05-30

Hi,

I have used Kodi since the XBMC days and the Backup add-on for a long time as well and both work very well.

I am migrating away from all Microsoft products to Linux. How do I move the watched list from the Windows version to Linux please? I have tried making a backup and restoring that in Linux but the watched list doesn't seem to work. Is this possible and if so how please