Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - Madchester312 - 2015-03-31

Thanks for the reply rob that info looks interesting I shall have a read.

I think maybe me a the chap above want a similar thing. I am looking to do the same thing I thought using my webspace to save files would be easy.
I shall have a read on both sets of info your have provided an come back if any help is required. Thanks for the advice an time

Great work

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2015-03-31

If you have a way of copying the archives to your web server manually it should still work. I'm fairly certain http will work for downloads, just not uploads at the moment. Probably not the beset solution for automatic backups but if your goal is to have a remote setup that you'll update occasionally that could work.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - Madchester312 - 2015-03-31

Yeh that's my plan. I have family that have unit sn are hopeless kinda like the chap above. Be nice to be able to do backuo of my system upload it somewhere for them to access it. I will have a read through the info you have posted. Thanks again

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - raspdealer - 2015-03-31

Hi guys, I got a full back up from kodi (raspbmc) 14.1 and I want to restore it on OSMC RC with kodi 14.1 !
Its start with copying zip archive.
The copy is long cause of network.
After there is an extract and a reading session.

But I got a warning of different version...anyone know why?
Thanks

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - tscan - 2015-03-31

I'm having an issue running this addon on Kodi on my Amazon Fire TV. I currently have this backup on a scheduler to run every Tuesday at 3:00 AM. When the AFTV boots and Kodi starts up, I get a popup in the lower right corner that will show something along the lines of "Backup will run at 01-31-1969". It's some super old date. If I disable and re enable the addon, I get a popup saying the correct date that the addon will run. It's like the system boots up before the addon starts, would it be possible to add a start-up delay for the addon?

Quation on using backups on another system - MrMcGyver - 2015-04-01

I have a windows and a linux box both on Kodi 15. I am trying to port the configuration from the windows system to the linux box, but when I go to restore it gives my a path invalid error. I am guessing it is becuase the .zip bas create in C:\Temp and the restor is coming from /home. Anyone have any idea home to accomplish this?

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - mattmartinolc - 2015-04-01

(2015-03-31, 15:18)robweber Wrote: If you have a way of copying the archives to your web server manually it should still work. I'm fairly certain http will work for downloads, just not uploads at the moment. Probably not the beset solution for automatic backups but if your goal is to have a remote setup that you'll update occasionally that could work.

You hit the nail on the head. I picked http so my dad couldn't accidentally back his setup up to the source, and I think what I have decided to do it try to actually take the "backup" option out of the dialog box completely so it only has "Restore" and maybe reword the language file so it says something like "hey dad click here" LOL

I did it. And here is a brief how I did it.

I manually added RunScript(script.xbmcbackup,mode=restore) into favorites.xml and linked that favorite to a custom menu option. So when it is clicked, it goes straight to the popup window that displays the folders.

Hope that helps.

It seems the dropbox backup function breaks when I have the Addons selected .. addon data seems to be alright - is this an issue I only have?

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - Madchester312 - 2015-04-01

(2015-04-01, 02:07)mattmartinolc Wrote: I did it. And here is a brief how I did it.

I manually added RunScript(script.xbmcbackup,mode=restore) into favorites.xml and linked that favorite to a custom menu option. So when it is clicked, it goes straight to the popup window that displays the folders.

Hope that helps.

Hi mate am
Really interested in what you have done there. Are u good with code am useless. Think your trying to achieve a similar thing to me. Can I ask where are u uploading your backup for him to do the restore from.

Any help would be great

Thanks

(2015-04-01, 10:23)Madchester312 Wrote:
(2015-04-01, 02:07)mattmartinolc Wrote: I did it. And here is a brief how I did it.

Hope that helps.

Hi mate am Really interested in what you have done there. Are u good with code am useless. Think your trying to achieve a similar thing to me. Can I ask where are u uploading your backup for him to do the restore from.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Think I get what you mean there just re read your message. So have u removed the backup finction? Super favourites would achieve the same thing if you enable override context menu

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2015-04-01

(2015-03-31, 22:35)raspdealer Wrote: Hi guys, I got a full back up from kodi (raspbmc) 14.1 and I want to restore it on OSMC RC with kodi 14.1 !
Its start with copying zip archive.
The copy is long cause of network.
After there is an extract and a reading session.

But I got a warning of different version...anyone know why?
Thanks

The version numbers are pulled from whatever is in the "System.BuildVersion" info label in Kodi. This sometimes includes not just the Kodi version but other things like "BETA-3 Git:xxxxxxxx". In the case of raspbmc I wouldn't be surprised if said "Raspbmc" in the string as well. The version number warning is just that, a warning. you can safely bypass it if you know the versions are OK. It is meant more for people that are doing like a Gotham restore onto a Helix box, just gets them to think about it for a second.

(2015-04-01, 04:59)mattmartinolc Wrote: It seems the dropbox backup function breaks when I have the Addons selected .. addon data seems to be alright - is this an issue I only have?

What do you mean by "breaks" - like it just doesn't finish? I'd need a debug log of the full process to know for sure; but I can venture a guess. Dropbox's python library seems to have a few quirks. One is that a file upload can get rejected and then accepted just by trying again. The addon retries each file once if an upload fails and then just gives up on that file. Because it's cloud based storage the upload mechanism (their own library) just doesn't seem as reliable as local storage.

Hey rob when we was discussing getting a backup from remote place like my webspace. Super favourites has the abilitiy to do so can u not have a look at the code an incorporate it in the backup maybe.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - koze - 2015-04-01

Hi Rob,
I am just wondering if I need to do something special while running your add-on on amazon fire stick? I have one running on RPi without any issues, but the one on Amazon Fire stick is giving me error after I put all information into secret codes etc.

Thank you in advance,

koze

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2015-04-02

(2015-04-01, 19:23)Madchester312 Wrote: Hey rob when we was discussing getting a backup from remote place like my webspace. Super favourites has the abilitiy to do so can u not have a look at the code an incorporate it in the backup maybe.

The addon can already pull in files from an http server. I just tested this to confirm with my own web server. You just have to put the path to the folder containing the backup files as "typed path" and enter "http://domain.com/backuppath/" - make sure you include the final slash. Your web server must also be configured to allow directory listing on a folder. I didn't have any issues restoring files in this way - you will not be able to backup to this type of file system however.

(2015-04-01, 20:34)koze Wrote: Hi Rob,
I am just wondering if I need to do something special while running your add-on on amazon fire stick? I have one running on RPi without any issues, but the one on Amazon Fire stick is giving me error after I put all information into secret codes etc.

Thank you in advance,

koze

There isn't anything special on the FireTV that I'm aware of - however I don't have one. The only thought I have is that it could be something to do with the python versions. I know Kodi bundles slightly different versions of python depending on the platform, maybe the dropbox api isn't compatible with that one? This is a total guess, I'd really need a debug log of it running to know.