Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - mikebzh44 - 2012-07-30

Here is the translation for addon.xml

Code:
<summary lang="fr">Sauvegarder et restaurer vos bases de données XBMC et vos fichiers de configuration en cas de crash ou de fichiers corrompus.</summary>
    <description lang="fr">Avez-vous déjà perdu votre configuration XBMC et espéré avoir fait une sauvegarde ? Maintenant, vous pouvez le faire en un simple click. Vous pouvez exporter vos bases de données, playlists, miniatures, addons et autres fichiers de configuration vers n'importe quel endroit accessible depuis XBMC.</description>

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - Martijn - 2012-07-30

You need to change it to:
Code:
<setting id="remote_selection" type="enum" lvalues="30027|30028" default="0" label="30025"/>

You had "defaults" instead of "default".
To use labels for the options use "lvalues" instead of "values".

"enum" will save the choosen label number starting from zero
"labelenum" will save the actual labeltext.[/code]

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - Jean-Max - 2012-07-30

Hello,

Add-on (auto) upgraded to 0.1.1 on my Openelec HD-ID11 and on my XBMC Windows 7 laptop :

-> The 2 : script failed...

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - mikebzh44 - 2012-07-30

Jean-Max, please send some LOG file Wink

On my Windows 7 64 bits laptop, No issue when backuping and restoring all files.

Maybe you should change your icon.png to get a transparency background (white is not beautiful when rest of the screen is black for example). And why not adding the name of the addon Wink

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - Martijn - 2012-07-30

(2012-07-30, 20:16)mikebzh44 Wrote: Maybe you should change your icon.png to get a transparency background (white is not beautiful when rest of the screen is black for example). And why not adding the name of the addon Wink

Transparency is not allowed in XBMC repo (don't ask me why).

Name should make it more recognizable Smile

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - Jean-Max - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-30, 20:16)mikebzh44 Wrote: Jean-Max, please send some LOG file Wink
Just tested last add-on version on an XP PC (...at work..... shame on me !)

-> Script failed

Log file ( add-on zone)

http://pastebin.com/X3tiVN0A

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2012-07-31

@mikebzh44 - I totally agree on the logo. I had a transparency until Martijn told me that wasn't allowed in the repo. Adding the name onto it might help though. If you don't mind I may steal the mock-up you made. I also started adding the French translations you've provided. I'm having an issue with XBMC where it doesn't like the accent marks in the summary and description tags, throws an error on those lines. I'm currently trying to compare to other addons to see what the issue could be. Removing the marks removes the error so it is a character encoding thing. Settings.xml file is working though.

@Jean-Max - I think you're issue is the name of your home folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Propriétaire\Application Data\XBMC\. The accent marks in the name are throwing an error when the virtual file system attempts to encode that character. 90% of all the problems people seem to be having with this are related to issues like this. I'm kind of scratching my head about how to fix them at the moment, character encoding isn't really my thing so I don't know the best way to handle it. Any suggestions (anyone!) would be welcome.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - mikebzh44 - 2012-07-31

No problem, you can use my mockup or I can give you an new one with a bigger floppy disc (256x256 as recommandated) and a bigger name onto.

For summary and description, you can look in addon.xml of many skins, I suppose they have accented characters.

(2012-07-31, 16:50)robweber Wrote: @Jean-Max - I think you're issue is the name of your home folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Propriétaire\Application Data\XBMC\. The accent marks in the name are throwing an error when the virtual file system attempts to encode that character.
YES !
The "é" character of "\Propriétaire\" is the character in position 32.. :

11:33:11 T:2824 ERROR: Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 32: ordinal not in range(128)

It's the problem of non English language Windows Sad

I suppose it's also the reason of script error on my Windows 7 laptop (French language)

This night, I will copy here the debug log from my Openelec ZBOX (Not language problem for folders, I suppose, in this Linux OS)

Hello,

Debug log file from my W7 laptop :
The add-on starts to work correctly Smile
... then . script error

http://pastebin.com/m8zeqGcf

Hello

Debug log file from Openelec eden ion 64 (ZBOX HD-ID11)

It seems that the add-on starts correctly Smile
.. then Script error

http://pastebin.com/Q78XymzL

I'm guessing you have the same addon installed on both systems? The error in both of those log files is the same, a unicode error for some filename at position 73. I believe the addons are listed in alpha order, the last one that works succesfully is "metadata.cine.passion.service" what is the next one after that?

Might be useful to have a full debug log from the time you boot XBMC so all of your enabled addons can be seen at the top. There is some weird character encoding errors going on here.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - Martijn - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-31, 20:38)robweber Wrote: Might be useful to have a full debug log from the time you boot XBMC so all of your enabled addons can be seen at the top. There is some weird character encoding errors going on here.

Not really. We hit that with our scripts all the time. It's a real bitch

(2012-07-31, 20:40)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-07-31, 20:38)robweber Wrote: Might be useful to have a full debug log from the time you boot XBMC so all of your enabled addons can be seen at the top. There is some weird character encoding errors going on here.

Not really. We hit that with our scripts all the time. It's a real bitch

Haha, That is sort of what I was afraid of. I tend to only use XBMC repo addons (plus a few from Bluecop) so I've never had this issue on any of my home setups. Simple solution might just be to not backup your addons and move those manually. I guess the "good news" is that addons can almost always be downloaded again from the original repo, so just getting your thumbnails/databases/config files is actually a fairly good backup.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - Jean-Max - 2012-08-01

(2012-07-31, 20:38)robweber Wrote: I'm guessing you have the same addon installed on both systems? The error in both of those log files is the same, a unicode error for some filename at position 73. I believe the addons are listed in alpha order, the last one that works succesfully is "metadata.cine.passion.service" what is the next one after that?
18:56:08 T:139650618337024 NOTICE: Add File: -addons/metadata.common.allmusic.com/
Quote:Might be useful to have a full debug log from the time you boot XBMC so all of your enabled addons can be seen at the top. There is some weird character encoding errors going on here.
OK : That's the log file for my Zbox HD-ID11 Openelec eden ion 64 1.95.5 (2.0Beta5)

http://pastebin.com/4VSpc3QY

Nb : I had to delete lines in /skin.moddedconfluence/ zone because the file exeeded 500k and was refused by Pastebin :
(see the zone "cut", line 3350)