Kodi Community Forum
Broken Crunchyroll [DMCA Takedown] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Broken Crunchyroll [DMCA Takedown] (/showthread.php?tid=129709)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: Crunchyroll [2.2.1] - FredK - 2017-02-10

Just as a note to others, the Amber skin somehow got screwed up in the OSMC Kodi 16->17 update, and Crunchyroll was no longer working until I completely uninstalled and reinstalled Amber. (Clicking on episode numbers was no longer doing anything at all according to the log, I even added a log() command to main() and it did not execute when clicking on episodes in my Queue or in the Anime listing.)

Even after reinstalling Amber on Kodi 17 the fanart no longer appears when browsing series/episodes (fanart is working fine on the OSMC default skin)

RE: Crunchyroll [2.2.1] - Scorpius - 2017-02-11

Something weird and very annoying is happening since a few days ago, not sure exactly when.

If I watch an episode from beginning to end, it is marked as view in Kodi but it is not marked as view in CrunchyRoll, and this is very annoying because the queues don't advance.

But if I don't watch it up to the end, but press stop in the middle of an ending song, then it is marked as "Played 97%" (for example) in CrunchyRoll and I can advance in the queue.

The thing is that I like to watch every single second of my episodes. I guess most of you skip opening and endings and that's why you haven't noticed this problem.

How can I solve this? It's making me crazy!

There's nothing in the log that could give some hint about this issue.

RE: Crunchyroll [2.2.1] - DarkSchneider - 2017-02-14

Hi, there is a problem with change language, it launchs an error and quit. Looking at log, it is a HTTP 503 error. It seems that with recent changes in CR now there is no need to change language like before, and the "locale" parameter used at first is enough. So to fix this only open the file resources/lib/crunchy_main.py and comment the lines 208 and 209:

# if change_language != "0":
# crj.change_locale(args)

For easier for users the plugin could be updated with this.

RE: Crunchyroll [2.2.1] - Pinpin - 2017-02-16

(2017-02-14, 11:40)DarkSchneider Wrote: Hi, there is a problem with change language, it launchs an error and quit. Looking at log, it is a HTTP 503 error. It seems that with recent changes in CR now there is no need to change language like before, and the "locale" parameter used at first is enough. So to fix this only open the file resources/lib/crunchy_main.py and comment the lines 208 and 209:

# if change_language != "0":
# crj.change_locale(args)

For easier for users the plugin could be updated with this.

You, sir, are a savior ! I thought that, this was a bug due to the cloudfare check they added recently Smile
Thanks a lot !

RE: Crunchyroll [2.2.1] - TwistedD - 2017-02-23

I'm having trouble watching SD titles like Galaxy Express 999 without having to go into the Crunchyroll addon settings and change the resolution down to 480p if I want to pull up an SD title. If it's possible I'd love to request that the 1080p setting automatically plays the native/highest resolution available for that title, it'd save a lot of menu navigation.

Unless of course I'm the only one having this problem, then I could use some help fixing it I guess Big Grin Otherwise I have no playback issues with anything 1080/24hz and down.

Kodi
17.0 Krypton

Hardware
CPU: Pentium P6200 @ 2.13GHz
RAM: 3GB

Video
GPU: Mesa DRI Intel® Ironlake Mobile
OpenGL vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL version: 2.1 Mesa 11.2.0

OS
Linux Mint 18.1 (kernel: Linux 4.4.0-53-generic)

RE: Crunchyroll [2.2.1] - desibuoy - 2017-03-06

Hi,
Never used Crunchy before so I'm not aware. Does this not play English Dubbed? All the Anime I started plays in Japanese.

RE: Crunchyroll [2.2.1] - davidkna - 2017-03-15

(2017-02-23, 17:07)TwistedD Wrote: I'm having trouble watching SD titles like Galaxy Express 999 without having to go into the Crunchyroll addon settings and change the resolution down to 480p if I want to pull up an SD title. If it's possible I'd love to request that the 1080p setting automatically plays the native/highest resolution available for that title, it'd save a lot of menu navigation.

Unless of course I'm the only one having this problem, then I could use some help fixing it I guess Big Grin Otherwise I have no playback issues with anything 1080/24hz and down.

Kodi
17.0 Krypton

Hardware
CPU: Pentium P6200 @ 2.13GHz
RAM: 3GB

Video
GPU: Mesa DRI Intel® Ironlake Mobile
OpenGL vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL version: 2.1 Mesa 11.2.0

OS
Linux Mint 18.1 (kernel: Linux 4.4.0-53-generic)
Download the latest Github master from the project page as zip and install that in Kodi. It's already fixed there. Otherwise maybe just apply this patch.

RE: Crunchyroll [2.2.1] - TwistedD - 2017-03-19

(2017-03-15, 17:38)davidkna Wrote: Download the latest Github master from the project page as zip and install that in Kodi. It's already fixed there. Otherwise maybe just apply this patch.

Thanks! But as of today, even with the previous version of the app and the github version, whenever I try to log in Kodi just closes. I thought it was just their DDOS protection at first, it's caused me trouble in the past I think, but after making sure my password was correct it just closes Kodi when I hit return :/ I've even manually deleted the folders for the add-on to make sure my password or something I might've typed in by accident was causing issues, but it persists. I haven't made any other changes in weeks.

edit: Well, a "sudo apt-get update" and install fixed my crashing/closing issue, but it still seems I can't login. Could still be Cloudflare, I need to check the logs.

edit: It doesn't seem to be able to find or create the crunchypickle file, there's lots of other stuff going on, but it's difficult to sort out.

edit: Ah, the crash seemed to be a conflict or something with the Funimation app, uninstalled it and at the very least it doesn't crash anymore. But here's some log to hopefully show the issues I'm having.

edit: Nevermind, pickle's back, but still not connecting. I'm going to assume it's just their end at this point.

RE: Crunchyroll [2.2.1] - TwistedD - 2017-03-19

After a total reinstall of Kodi I installed just the CR add-on and everything worked fine, especially the adaptive playback, it's actually smoother than it ever has been at 1080. But after that I went on an add-on installing spree and after that the crashing problem was back. I checked the logs and noticed that for some reason the YouTube app's DASH playback was cropping up for no reason when all I opened was CR or Twitch, I disabled it but it was still happening, only after I completely uninstalled it did the problem go away. I dunno if it's the YT add-on's fault or what, but that fixed it for me, I can deal with browser playback of YT for now.

RE: Crunchyroll [2.2.1] - Ayasake - 2017-04-02

Hello Guys .I'm using a raspberry pi 3 and when i try to watch something, i get the error "One or more items has failed on reproduction. Please verify the log for more informations about this message". Someone can help me? The Kodi version is Isengard 15.2.
My english is very bad, so i'm sorry for the errors.

RE: Crunchyroll [2.2.1] on Libreelec 8.1/ Kodi 17 - uber12 - 2017-04-03

I am having problems with the Crunchyroll addon (with both versions - the version in the Kodi repository and the latested version from GitHub) with Libreelec 8.0.1 (Kodi 17.1) on RPi 3. (The same problem happens on both Kodi 17 and 17.1).

The addon runs, but after about 30 seconds of playing video, it begins to buffer, then plays, then loses all audio while playing back a static image once every 2 seconds (as if fast forwarding - but I'm not fast forwarding). The behaviour is almost similar to not having enough bandwidth to play smoothly, but there is plenty of bandwidth. If I revert back to an earlier version of OpenElec and Kodi (15), it's absolutely smooth playback with no problems at all. So the problem has happened only since upgrading to Kodi 17.

Note that the Video quality setting for all of this is 480p. I even tried 360p, it's slightly better, but still the same occurs.

I have been using the Crunchyroll addon on Kodi 15/OpenElec and also on Libreelec 7 with none of these issues for quite some time.

Is all of this something to do with MPEG DashHuh As it stands at the moment, the addon (both Github and Kodi Repository) is not usable. (Please note that neither the GitHub or Kodi repository addon crashes on RPi 3. It never crashes. Just the playback is the problem).

Note also that I am on a good quality ADSL2+ connection (not Fibre), and haven't had any issues with Crunchyroll in the past. And if I go back to a previous version of Kodi, everything works great. It's just since Kodi 17 that this prolbem now happens). I get 1.3 MB (Megabytes not megabits) down which is very good for ADSL2+ and can stream higher resolution video from other sources no problem.

Thanks for your help with this!

RE: Crunchyroll [2.2.1] - DarkSchneider - 2017-05-28

Hi, after much investigation I finally got the CR addon to work with a proxy, so we can avoid the geolocation block of contents. The problem is known to be on Python 2.7 (the one used) when accessing SSL sites through a proxy. I solved this modifing the addon file resources/lib/urllib2_ssl.py, go to the "match_hostname" method and comment the content (or delete, but better comment it so it can be restored), so it ends like this (please note that the paste do not show the indentation, required by Python or it will show an error, the easy way to comment is to put a # at the start of each line):

def match_hostname(cert, hostname):
# patched to avoid hostname CertificateError
"""Verify that *cert* (in decoded format as returned by
SSLSocket.getpeercert()) matches the *hostname*. RFC 2818 rules
are mostly followed, but IP addresses are not accepted for *hostname*.

CertificateError is raised on failure. On success, the function
returns nothing.

XXX this version differ from ssl.match_hostname in python 3.2
it checks subject even if subjectAltName is not empty
"""
# if not cert:
# raise ValueError("empty or no certificate")
# dnsnames = []
# san = cert.get('subjectAltName', ())
# for key, value in san:
# if key == 'DNS':
# if _dnsname_to_pat(value).match(hostname):
# return
# dnsnames.append(value)
# if not dnsnames:
#XXX check subject even if subjectAltName is not empty
# for sub in cert.get('subject', ()):
# for key, value in sub:
# XXX according to RFC 2818, the most specific Common Name
# must be used.
# if key == 'commonName':
# return
# dnsnames.append(value)
# if len(dnsnames) > 1:
# raise CertificateError("hostname %r "
# "doesn't match either of %s"
# % (hostname, ', '.join(map(repr, dnsnames))))
# elif len(dnsnames) == 1:
# "doesn't match %r"
# % (hostname, dnsnames[0]))
# else:
# raise CertificateError("no appropriate commonName or "
# "subjectAltName fields were found")

WARNING: do not use this method as usual way to avoid SSL errors, it is not recommended at all. And USE ONLY FOR TRUSTED PROXIES. Because the one I use is my own server, there is no security problem.

The funny part is that once acceded through the proxy and unlocked the content, while the session is valid (and the addon stores it), I can see all the content even without a proxy, by direct connection.

Hope this helps to use the addon to watch all the content instead using a web browser.

RE: Crunchyroll [2.2.1] - davidkna - 2017-05-28

(2017-05-28, 09:44)DarkSchneider Wrote: Hi, after much investigation I finally got the CR addon to work with a proxy, so we can avoid the geolocation block of contents. The problem is known to be on Python 2.7 (the one used) when accessing SSL sites through a proxy. I solved this modifing the addon file resources/lib/urllib2_ssl.py, go to the "match_hostname" method and comment the content (or delete, but better comment it so it can be restored), so it ends like this (please note that the paste do not show the indentation, required by Python or it will show an error, the easy way to comment is to put a # at the start of each line):

def match_hostname(cert, hostname):
# patched to avoid hostname CertificateError
"""Verify that *cert* (in decoded format as returned by
SSLSocket.getpeercert()) matches the *hostname*. RFC 2818 rules
are mostly followed, but IP addresses are not accepted for *hostname*.

CertificateError is raised on failure. On success, the function
returns nothing.

XXX this version differ from ssl.match_hostname in python 3.2
it checks subject even if subjectAltName is not empty
"""
# if not cert:
# raise ValueError("empty or no certificate")
# dnsnames = []
# san = cert.get('subjectAltName', ())
# for key, value in san:
# if key == 'DNS':
# return
# dnsnames.append(value)
# if not dnsnames:
#XXX check subject even if subjectAltName is not empty
# for sub in cert.get('subject', ()):
# for key, value in sub:
# XXX according to RFC 2818, the most specific Common Name
# must be used.
# if key == 'commonName':
# return
# dnsnames.append(value)
# if len(dnsnames) > 1:
# "doesn't match either of %s"
# % (hostname, ', '.join(map(repr, dnsnames))))
# elif len(dnsnames) == 1:
# "doesn't match %r"
# % (hostname, dnsnames[0]))
# else:
# raise CertificateError("no appropriate commonName or "
# "subjectAltName fields were found")

WARNING: do not use this method as usual way to avoid SSL errors, it is not recommended at all. And USE ONLY FOR TRUSTED PROXIES. Because the one I use is my own server, there is no security problem.

The funny part is that once acceded through the proxy and unlocked the content, while the session is valid (and the addon stores it), I can see all the content even without a proxy, by direct connection.

Hope this helps to use the addon to watch all the content instead using a web browser.

This approach is insecure with with a trusted proxy too. I don't recommend doing this.
I think this issue could fixed issue by installing pyopenssl on your kodi system. My pr on github should work too if you are on Kodi 17 or higher.

RE: Crunchyroll [2.2.1] - DarkSchneider - 2017-05-29

(2017-05-28, 18:23)davidkna Wrote: This approach is insecure with with a trusted proxy too. I don't recommend doing this.
I think this issue could fixed issue by installing pyopenssl on your kodi system. My pr on github should work too if you are on Kodi 17 or higher.
Yes it can be insecure if you have your DNS modified at any point. I apply it because I know is not the case, it is a "closed environment" with known parameters. But is not recommended.

How can that be applied? Will it override the included one? I mean the urllib2_ssl.py is not taken from the system libs, is included in the addon itself. Installing pyopenssl will override it?.

Hope the addon will migrate to the new lib as proposed because the currently used is very problematic.

RE: Crunchyroll [2.2.1] - davidkna - 2017-05-29

(2017-05-29, 08:22)DarkSchneider Wrote:
(2017-05-28, 18:23)davidkna Wrote: This approach is insecure with with a trusted proxy too. I don't recommend doing this.
Yes it can be insecure if you have your DNS modified at any point. I apply it because I know is not the case, it is a "closed environment" with known parameters. But is not recommended.

How can that be applied? Will it override the included one? I mean the urllib2_ssl.py is not taken from the system libs, is included in the addon itself. Installing pyopenssl will override it?.

Hope the addon will migrate to the new lib as proposed because the currently used is very problematic.

MITM without DNS interception would work with your solution too I think.
AFAIK urlib2_ssl.py uses pyopenssl to make SNI work. It would "enhance" the script - not replace anything. I think you can get it with your system package manager or maybe with pip. But be sure to keep it updated if you use pip.
If you are on Kodi 17 I think my patch is a slightly better solution since it only relies on builtin python libraries for network security. Here's a link to the diff if you want to apply it. urlib2_ssl.py is backported from Python 3 and Python 2.7.9 has everythin needed included and thus Kodi 17, too.