Kodi Community Forum
Yet Another Confluence Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Yet Another Confluence Mod (/showthread.php?tid=129733)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-06-27

the point is it easy to get to those particular playlists easier then it is digging into
a directory full of them. you also get to see some of the episodes that have been recently
added or randomly on your home screen if you so choose. Favorites are more then just
playlists added to the favorites , it can be plugins , folders etc.. playlists don't do that.

(2012-06-27, 15:44)nfusion2011 Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 08:26)kevjs1982 Wrote: Favourites are basically "Short Cuts" - If you browse to your playlists folder and right click (I think, it's the context menu - I use a remote control) on a playlist folder and select "Add to Favourtes" you can jump directly to that.

So to add a favorite, first a playlist *MUST* exist?

So my question is back to: The GUI that I linked at the top shows only 5 sub items.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129733&pid=1133919#pid1133919

I also don't understand favorites as you explained, even if they are shortcuts that take me directly there, aren't PLAYLISTS effectively that as well?

Playlist = basically filters part of my collection to what I want and displays that filtered selection.

So I don't see what "added value" Favorites provide that isn't already provided via a playlist?

I must be missing something.

Thanks!

Does this mean more uploading of themes to all the places?

(2012-06-27, 11:10)Mudislander Wrote: Just a quick heads up for anyone who uses the git version of this MOD, I've creates an "Eden" branch where we'll maintain compatability with XBMC -11.??

The "Master" branch will be for "Frodo" and from today things like the lang files will be changed to the new format and this version will no longer run on "Eden"

The other quick check (Once I've organised it) Frodo compatable mod will have major version number 2 eg v2.*.* While Eden compatable versions will be v1.*.*

Repo version will stay at Eden version for the time being. I'll advise everyone before that changes.

As usual any problems - let us know Smile

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-06-27

(2012-06-27, 15:44)nfusion2011 Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 08:26)kevjs1982 Wrote: Favourites are basically "Short Cuts" - If you browse to your playlists folder and right click (I think, it's the context menu - I use a remote control) on a playlist folder and select "Add to Favourtes" you can jump directly to that.

So to add a favorite, first a playlist *MUST* exist?

So my question is back to: The GUI that I linked at the top shows only 5 sub items.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129733&pid=1133919#pid1133919

I also don't understand favorites as you explained, even if they are shortcuts that take me directly there, aren't PLAYLISTS effectively that as well?

Playlist = basically filters part of my collection to what I want and displays that filtered selection.

So I don't see what "added value" Favorites provide that isn't already provided via a playlist?

I must be missing something.

Thanks!

Favourites allow you to link directly to stuff (playlists, addons, tracks, videos)

e.g. if all your "Film" playlists were stored on your computer in
C:\Users\Kev\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\video\films
you could add a menu item on your home screen which loads directly to that

Then you put all your TV ones in
C:\Users\Kev\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\video\tv

etc.

This means it's two clicks to a playlist instead of three - for those playlists you use the most you can add directly to the home screen.

Playlists are a list of media items, or a dynamic list of media items

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-06-29

(2012-06-27, 15:34)catmantx Wrote: Thank you for the skin,
Is getting better and better.
It looks like you increase the size of the number for Weather panel, but now I have a problem because I am using fahrenheit and here in Texas we already reached over 100 degrees.
3 numbers do not fit anymore. I am getting just "1.." not "102" for example.
Please see if you can fix this on the next release.
Thank you!

Cat

Fixed Smile - will be avail on git shortly - or if you'd prefer I can pastebin the file for you to C/P over the file on your system. Repo update probably only in about 4 weeks

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-06-30

been gone for a few days, updated system to ubuntu 12.04 minimal and installed xbmc from ubuntu, without a desktop and in the process a few things broke, everything is in check now, and appears that all the errors I was getting before the change have gone away, no more hickups or crashes at least for the time being, the biggest problem I had was with nvidia driver. Anything new on the home front?

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-06-30

Just done the same, except I want to redo tomorrow as have a few issues with imon VF Display, bluetooth keyboard & MCE Remote. Plus nvidia issues, found it better to purge nouveau stuff though. Which ppa did you use, I'm trying https://launchpad.net/~nathan-renniewaldock/+archive/xbmc-nightly.

Not a complete hijack Big Grin will be better to test "Frodo" MOD

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-06-30

It wasn't a ppa, probably going to create a partition for frodo so I can switch back and forth if
something breaks.. LOL

EDIT: I believe I ended up blacklisting nouuveau.

(2012-06-30, 12:10)Mudislander Wrote: Just done the same, except I want to redo tomorrow as have a few issues with imon VF Display, bluetooth keyboard & MCE Remote. Plus nvidia issues, found it better to purge nouveau stuff though. Which ppa did you use, I'm trying https://launchpad.net/~nathan-renniewaldock/+archive/xbmc-nightly.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-07-02

the link you gave doesn't work..

EDIT: got it to work, still no rtmpe:// unsupported.. arrg..

(2012-06-30, 12:10)Mudislander Wrote: Just done the same, except I want to redo tomorrow as have a few issues with imon VF Display, bluetooth keyboard & MCE Remote. Plus nvidia issues, found it better to purge nouveau stuff though. Which ppa did you use, I'm trying https://launchpad.net/~nathan-renniewaldock/+archive/xbmc-nightly.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - catmantx - 2012-07-02

Thank you!
I am not sure if I know to updated it manual so I will wait for your update from the repo!

Thank you ...again!

Cat

(2012-06-29, 13:17)Mudislander Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 15:34)catmantx Wrote: Thank you for the skin,
Is getting better and better.
It looks like you increase the size of the number for Weather panel, but now I have a problem because I am using fahrenheit and here in Texas we already reached over 100 degrees.
3 numbers do not fit anymore. I am getting just "1.." not "102" for example.
Please see if you can fix this on the next release.
Thank you!

Cat

Fixed Smile - will be avail on git shortly - or if you'd prefer I can pastebin the file for you to C/P over the file on your system. Repo update probably only in about 4 weeks

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - charrua72 - 2012-07-02

Hello Gentlemen,
I would first like to say thanks for the skin and the incredible job you have been doing.
I wanted to pass along some questions and a request.
1. I was wondering if you could help me set this up:
Anime>
---> Anime TV Shows
---> Anime Movies
---> Anime related addons
I have all my Anime shows/movies saved in a similar directory structure. I want the submenus (playlists/addons) for Anime only applied only to that home menu item. I want to do this because I want to do the same thing for items classified as Animated. Is this possible with what you have built?
2. How do I set the Genre options to use Mad-Max's design? (backgrounds and icons)
3. Is it possible to create a Home Panel Addons specific to each Home Menu item?
i.e.: Music would have it's own Home Panel Addons filled with addons that are specific to music. (pandora, radio, etc.)

I would like again to say thanks for the hard work and great skin and look forward to hearing back from you.
Thanks,
Charrua

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-03

@charrua72 - Re question #1 it's way too early in the morning for this question Smile Just got back from AM workshift & brain is tired. It's easy to setup 2 main menu playlists and then give them their own submenus. Use the addons and playlists submenus and change the submenu set for those main menu items. You'll probably have to change other Main Menu submenu sets to something else to stop your "Anime" submenu items showing up where they're not wanted.

The problem I can see with your question is the main menu item of "Anime" as I'm not sure how happy a playlist would be trying to list all anime (movies + episodes) and on top of that the script that grabs the content for the home panel may have problems with mixed content type - Something I'll check on.
ATM you can't seperate the Addons like that.

#2 - We haven't added in support for genre backgrounds yet. I'm sure one of us will get around to it fairly soon.

#3 - I'm looking at the addons, as I'm not too happy with them, but I do think to start having specific menu related addons eg music/movies etc maybe pushing it a bit too far on resources used

Edit

You need to look into Video Library ReOrganization and the wiki page Custom Video Nodes

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - tismon - 2012-07-04

Whoops, wrong thread, and it seems that I can't delete either. Sorry for the filler.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-07-04

livened up the arrows and checkboxes etc in the transparency theme pack, available in the git
at https://github.com/freakylinuxguy/confluence-lite-themes any feedback would be
appreciated.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-07-05

Wow it got quiet around here, development slowed down, hey whats up with view 2, the poster is small and I am use to it being big, I can't see it from across the room.

Re: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mrmills - 2012-07-05

I've been busy with 45 ton of concrete tiles around my house.. Ill be back so. And will have a look at the changes

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-05

I was thinking the whole forum is pretty quiet. personally been busy re-organising my system and playinfg around with Frodo's custom nodes. My Info view 2 is the same as was & I haven't changed anything. Problem I do have is I've started using a projector I've had stuck in a cupboard for the last few years, unfortunately it's only 800*600 so all stuff like CD cases are getting distorted. Weather is pretty humid ATM and am feeling pretty lethargic, so lots of excuses for slow development Big Grin

Been wondering on what todo with the addons panel and also changing lowlist and rightlist into something more like the mediainfo 2 from convergence which has the angled poster + support for advanced launcher. also might stick in the ability for users to set a path for genre backgrounds - don't think we should include the backgrounds as it'll push up the Mod's size by quiet a whack. - If I ever get the energy Smile