Kodi Community Forum
Yet Another Confluence Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Yet Another Confluence Mod (/showthread.php?tid=129733)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-07

@savkin_k - here's fine if you have any problems with git, just things can get lost and forgotten & you might have to remind me. Actually 2 things I wanted to mention to you, Some Russian words are quite long compared to the English equivelent - so if there are any label widths that look bad in Russian let me know & I'll see what we can do about it. The other thing is I've been a bit naughty and some labels are made up of 2 strings added together which work in English but might not make sense once translated, so if you spot anything that needs changing let me know.

Actually this applies to anyone whose done or wants to do any translations Big Grin

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - savkin_k - 2012-07-07

(2012-07-07, 21:29)Mudislander Wrote: @savkin_k - here's fine if you have any problems with git, just things can get lost and forgotten & you might have to remind me. Actually 2 things I wanted to mention to you, Some Russian words are quite long compared to the English equivelent - so if there are any label widths that look bad in Russian let me know & I'll see what we can do about it. The other thing is I've been a bit naughty and some labels are made up of 2 strings added together which work in English but might not make sense once translated, so if you spot anything that needs changing let me know.

Actually this applies to anyone whose done or wants to do any translations Big Grin

Seems to me your are well aware of Russian language complexity. Of coarse I am testing the translation, this one of the reasons i did not finalise completely the translation due to did not undertand the context of some phrases. Need to see it first at place to choose proper... deсlination. I am the first to be interested in absolutely perfect translation.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - chocol@te - 2012-07-08

hello guys
this skin is fantastic, but i've noticed that artist slideshow in full screen does not work for me (work with glass with same config)

is it activated in your skin ?
thanks for your reply and this skin

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-07-08

(2012-07-08, 16:25)chocol@te Wrote: hello guys
this skin is fantastic, but i've noticed that artist slideshow in full screen does not work for me (work with glass with same config)

is it activated in your skin ?
thanks for your reply and this skin

Is that where you are playing music by an artist the background is loads of photos of that artist?

If so it works for me, although I have to press Menu on my remote (TAB I think) to get it "full screen" at which point the artist slideshow kicks in.

@kevjs1982

yes it's that.
i have the logo, the spinning cdart, but only the 'xbmc media center' default background is showing, not the slideshow of the artist (extrafanart folder). the background is animated or not related to the switch in the settings...
If I switch to GLASS Skin, I have the slideshow....
reinstall xbmc with the latest nightly, no change...

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-08

@chocol@te Extrafanart folder not yet implemented - Artist slideshow uses the script by ronie and fetches last.fm images. Also needs to be switched on under skin settings. If you want extrafanart folder raise an issue on GitHub

@ Mudislander
@ kevjs1982

OK, thanks for your help

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-07-08

(2012-07-08, 20:38)Mudislander Wrote: @chocol@te Extrafanart folder not yet implemented - Artist slideshow uses the script by ronie and fetches last.fm images. Also needs to be switched on under skin settings. If you want extrafanart folder raise an issue on GitHub

So that's how it works - Cool

Added to the Wiki in case anyone else has the same query.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-08

Thanks - I'm not the greatest on explaining or help files. The actual script used is Artist Slideshow which has also grown since it's inception with quite a few settings that can be changed.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-07-11

menu item 6 has no panel no matter what is added to it, and Apps are not showing up on any menu item I place them, in the new git release.. sorry about posting it here, but some reason I post bugs they are getting removed from the list on the git.

EDIT: the concert/Music Videos should be thumbs and not posters, i guess it makes sense the way it
is if one is doing full concerts that have been released instead of music videos, but stretched thumbs
look bad.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-11

I'll look into it and get back to you. My one and only music video is a full concert, but I can do something about having a choice of thumbs instead of posters

Edit Main menu item #6 fixed + Addons Panel not showing fixed

To use the random home panels this script needs to be installed script.randomitems-3.0.9.zip. The next update will auto install it as a dependency.

@Wilson.joe - Hey Joe, what type of thumbs are you looking for on Music Videos - Like the TVShow episodes or in a CD Case like albums ?

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-07-11

When the music videos are scrapped they are basic thumbs much like tv episodes.

EDIT: Works great... thanks for the quick fix.. Smile

(2012-07-11, 07:37)Mudislander Wrote: I'll look into it and get back to you. My one and only music video is a full concert, but I can do something about having a choice of thumbs instead of posters

Edit Main menu item #6 fixed + Addons Panel not showing fixed

To use the random home panels this script needs to be installed script.randomitems-3.0.9.zip. The next update will auto install it as a dependency.

@Wilson.joe - Hey Joe, what type of thumbs are you looking for on Music Videos - Like the TVShow episodes or in a CD Case like albums ?

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-11

For those who don't use the git version of this mod, I've uploaded a pre-release confluence.lite.mod-v1.1.9 which can be installed via the zip option

You will need to download and install script.randomitems-3.0.9.zip first, as this script is now required by the mod.

Quite a few bugfixes and requests have been included plus a couple of new views have been ported over from Convergence.

Please bear in mind that this is a test release so may still have a few issues that have not yet come to light Smile

As usual, thanks to all those that have helped out - have fun and let me know your thoughts.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - chocol@te - 2012-07-11

2 clicks and ...artist slideshow using ' extrafanart ' folder is working (v 1.1.9)

and life becomes easier...
thanks

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-07-11

(2012-07-11, 07:37)Mudislander Wrote: @Wilson.joe - Hey Joe, what type of thumbs are you looking for on Music Videos - Like the TVShow episodes or in a CD Case like albums ?

And just to be different I have the CD single cover (generally) as non of the scrapers were working at the start and I find them better! Although to be honest they wouldn't look right inside a CD case anyway. Laugh

Will the existing Skin work okay with the newer version of the random items script? (i.e. can I upgrade that and add the dev version as a second skin?)