Kodi Community Forum
Yet Another Confluence Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Yet Another Confluence Mod (/showthread.php?tid=129733)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-29, 15:10)nfusion2011 Wrote: My next question should be the easiest:

I've not tried XBMC v11 stand alone, I installed your mod on top of it asap. Can you tell me if the "SET" feature is managed by your mod (you), or by XBMC 11 in general?

There's a big problem in how it manages the backups of set movies, but want to make sure I'm explaining it at the proper spot (dont want to explain it here if I need to go to the main XBMC forums to post it) and likewise, no sense posting it there if XBMC 11 doesnt have the feature and its managed by your mod.

Thanks!

Like I said above, I only have this mod plus xbmc v11 installed. No other addons/skins/mods, etc. So no, I'm not talking about a "plugin" or whatever. I am merely asking how sets are supported.
Are sets enabled by default in xbmc v11, or is it a feature that's part of this particular skin?

I am asking because as I said, there's a massive bug in how the sets are archives for backup purposes in the database, but there's no sense detailing the post here if it is a core xbmcv11 feature that's broken because mudslinger won't be able to fix it. On the otherhand, if it is a feature in this addon, then i';ll put it here and not another forum.

Still need a confirmation on that.
And: yet another bug....

In this particular view, the picture that's showcased in the box, appears cropped at the top for whatever decision.

And in about 60% of the pictures used, it looks stupid because.....well.....it's cropped!!

For example:

Half the guy's eye is cropped/cut off my default.

For Futurama, Bender's "antenna" is cut off from the picture, etc.

In some other show, the head of a guy is completely chopped off.

Note that the picture appears fine in the background, not the foreground, so there's no problem with the picture. Just how this view displays the background in the foreground.

Please fix, or if it's a easy fix that I can do myself in a xML file, please let me know so I can do it myself.

Sorry can't see your screenshot.

MOD does nothing with sets, only shows what XBMC reports

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - protocol77 - 2012-08-01

No I meant where I has the episode name if you could have it like for eg.

Alphas - 1x01 - pilot

Or some variation of that depending on if it fits as long as it has the show name and episode number similar to how you can have it on aeon nox skin if latest episodes widget is enabled

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - gensufz - 2012-08-04

(2012-07-31, 16:37)Mudislander Wrote: Sorry can't see your screenshot.

MOD does nothing with sets, only shows what XBMC reports

Odd... fixed link, but here it is again for your review:
http://picpaste.com/pics/screenshot000.1343567768.jpg
See how badly it becomes cropped? yet look at his eyes, they're perfectly fine in the background.

pretty much ALL the foreground fan arts are like that and its extremely annoying to have someone's head cut off in half................

As for the XBMC SET response. Thanks, I'll report the XBMC Database cleaning errors via sets into the other forums

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-08-04

@nfusion2011 it's the way the fanart is adjusted to fit into the space avail without distorting the image. ATM still can't use PC screen for more than 5 mins at a time, but will look at problem when able

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - rossglass - 2012-08-06

Love this skin!

I have one issue though.

I wanted to display on my Main Menu: MOVIES, TV SHOWS and ANIMATION.

Movies and TV Shows were added as menu items using the XBMC:MOVIES and XBMC:TV SHOWS options. Animation was created both as a playlist and a favourite and was added to Main Menu.

When I access Movies though, it displays the animation movies as well. Movies source and animation source are different folders in My Videos.

Is there any way I can sort this out?

Cheers

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-08-06

Funny you should ask that, actually the animation if such as disney etc will show up
in both unless you create a separate movies playlist that extracts animation from
it and add that playlist on the menu and add movies submenu too it..

The next release of XBMC frodo will have additional abilities known as tags which
will give you the ability to group videos under any given name tag you choose
to place them under.. You will also be able to modify the build in playlists such
as movies to not contain the animation/children/kids etc...

I hope this has been been helpful...

(2012-08-06, 10:52)rossglass Wrote: Love this skin!

I have one issue though.

Movies and TV Shows were added as menu items using the XBMC:MOVIES and XBMC:TV SHOWS options. Animation was created both as a playlist and a favourite and was added to Main Menu.

When I access Movies though, it displays the animation movies as well. Movies source and animation source are different folders in My Videos.

Cheers

LOL!! Now that could be fun..

(2012-07-30, 19:59)sdsnyr94 Wrote: There are about 5-6 of the "Themes" in this MOD that I really like, and I am having trouble choosing which one to use. Any way that it can be randomized?

I would really like to be able to choose the ones I want, either selecting through a menu or by deleting the content from the folders, and then have the theme change daily. Any way this can be done?

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-08-06

Noted, Apology excepted, I didn't feel as it was directed particularly at me
but at all the people that contributed their time and effort to bring forth a great skin,
be it programming,graphics, sharing their ideas and where they think it should head,
or helping others.

(2012-07-29, 15:10)nfusion2011 Wrote: I apologize if you felt my msg was directed at you, it wasn't.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - rossglass - 2012-08-06

That's great, cheers.

(2012-08-06, 11:08)wilson.joe Wrote: Funny you should ask that, actually the animation if such as disney etc will show up
in both unless you create a separate movies playlist that extracts animation from
it and add that playlist on the menu and add movies submenu too it..

The next release of XBMC frodo will have additional abilities known as tags which
will give you the ability to group videos under any given name tag you choose
to place them under.. You will also be able to modify the build in playlists such
as movies to not contain the animation/children/kids etc...

I hope this has been been helpful...

I have one issue though.

Cheers

LOL!! Now that could be fun..

(2012-07-30, 19:59)sdsnyr94 Wrote: There are about 5-6 of the "Themes" in this MOD that I really like, and I am having trouble choosing which one to use. Any way that it can be randomized?

I would really like to be able to choose the ones I want, either selecting through a menu or by deleting the content from the folders, and then have the theme change daily. Any way this can be done?

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-08-06

I have one issue though.

Cheers

I've done the same but with "Shorts" as the genre.

Just create a second playlist which includes every Film where the genre <> Animation and bobs your uncle Smile

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - gensufz - 2012-08-11

(2012-08-04, 21:38)Mudislander Wrote: @nfusion2011 it's the way the fanart is adjusted to fit into the space avail without distorting the image. ATM still can't use PC screen for more than 5 mins at a time, but will look at problem when able

Well the fanarts from tvdb and moviedb are mostly 1920x1080...

if it's being condensed in that window, isn't it already somewhat distorted (shrunk)?

I assume that mini window in that fanart is the same 16:9 ratio, so shrinking would be proportional and no distortion should happen.

But regardless, if some sort of fancy cropping is going on in the background to give us a more clear picture, by cutting off the top of people's heads, it...just...looks weird.

Like I mentioned, in some of the fan arts, the HEAD is literally chopped off. I think it was in Prison Break and Fringe.

But yes, please do look at it when you have time.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-08-12

Got tired of feeling sorry for myself & have managed to do some work on git version using a massive font on my laptop Big Grin
Need help finding bugs etc - there's going to be a few. Feel free to post any issues here or on the git and once sorted will issue next update.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - mark2112 - 2012-08-13

Is there any chance you guys could make an option for the home menu to be centered rather than at the bottom like the standard Confluence?

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-08-13

Sorry, the whole home screen has been built around having the menu bar as low as possible. To allow the the option of raising it would interfere with a whole bunch of other stuff.

A lot of guys play with their own versions of the MOD, maybe someone else could help you out Smile

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-08-14

(2012-08-11, 18:23)nfusion2011 Wrote:
(2012-08-04, 21:38)Mudislander Wrote: @nfusion2011 it's the way the fanart is adjusted to fit into the space avail without distorting the image. ATM still can't use PC screen for more than 5 mins at a time, but will look at problem when able

Well the fanarts from tvdb and moviedb are mostly 1920x1080...

if it's being condensed in that window, isn't it already somewhat distorted (shrunk)?

I assume that mini window in that fanart is the same 16:9 ratio, so shrinking would be proportional and no distortion should happen.

But regardless, if some sort of fancy cropping is going on in the background to give us a more clear picture, by cutting off the top of people's heads, it...just...looks weird.

Like I mentioned, in some of the fan arts, the HEAD is literally chopped off. I think it was in Prison Break and Fringe.

But yes, please do look at it when you have time.

Does anyone else have this problem? I've been through my whole library with this view and in every library item the image shown is exactly as the background fanart with no extra bits cut off.

If the 2 items mentioned are the only two, then I'd suggest changing the fanart as it's not worth the hassel of recoding the view just for them.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-08-14

Been playing with git version, added ability for users to set a folder of their own images to use for genre backgrounds. Plus the ability to change the panel transparency n the media views also added a flag for 3D movies - to use the source file name of movie must include .3D. somewhere. Added wilson.joe's collection of strm files to the skin folder 'streaming' You can add it to the main menu by using the new option "Browse Preset Media Streams" at the bottom of the 'Select Menu Option' menu. Also just for fun - borrowed Wink - Live cases background from Nox, still needs some work but is there as an option.