Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - At2010 - 2022-07-19

I have the changes ready, but I'm not sure which branch to use. I selected Matrix, but metadata.common.imdb.com was absent, then i went backwards to jarvis, still not present Not sure where the current code is located. I don't know how to contact Olympia. I have a pull request ready to submit against matrix but can change branch easily.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - At2010 - 2022-07-19

Update: Found the code in Gotham. created pull request. Thanks!

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Karellen - 2022-07-19

(2022-07-19, 11:17)At2010 Wrote: Update: Found the code in Gotham. created pull request. Thanks!
Great. Thanks for your help Smile

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Jackanory - 2022-07-21

Something's afoot. Today my UMS started retrieving plots, as it had up until a few weeks ago. I'm going back and refreshing those movies without plots, and so far all are now showing plots. I'm on version Kodi 18.6, with UMS version 5.5.10 - unchanged! Should we thank IMDB? Smile

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Karellen - 2022-07-21

(2022-07-21, 00:52)Jackanory Wrote: Should we thank IMDB?
Nope. Thank @At2010 as s/he submitted the patch that fixed the problem in the scraper caused by changes at IMDB.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - SirLancy - 2022-08-18

Hi, I just downloaded this add-on today.

1. Why isn't there an option to select the title of the film from a list like some other scrapers? Most of the time it works, but without this or a manual search (that I can see anyway), it has caused me some problems and I've had to use a different provider for those films. One of which is Ant-Man and the Wasp which just scrapes as Ant-Man. The folder is named Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018), so I can't see why it ignores the rest of the name. Any way around this?

2. I can't get Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes ratings to display. I went to omdbapi.com and generated an API key as a FREE user. I received my API key via email and I activated it and tested it using the link which for some reason searches Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, but confirmed it works AFAK. Within Kodi, I entered that 8 character alphanumeric key, enabled the options for Metacritic and RT and yet it doesn't seem to work. I still get ratings from IMDB, Flixster and TMDB (although this one takes a second or two to load in each time), however. Is it because my API key is too new or something else?

3. I noticed The Movie Database Python has the option to pull ratings from Trakt.TV, although I couldn't get it to work. Is it possible or will it ever be possible to have Trakt ratings in Universal Movie Scraper?

4. Since this add-on only works for movies, does anyone have any recommendations for an Information Provider add-on for TV Shows? Kodi has these by default 1. The Movie Database 2. The TVDB (new) 3. The TVDB v4 4. TMDb TV Shows 5. TV Maze 6. XEM, although none seem to work well enough with them displaying only one rating most of the time or a rating of 0.0. A Universal TV Show Scraper add-on would be great. Maybe there is a better add-on out there from a repo I don't have?

Thanks.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Karellen - 2022-08-18

Ha, with so many problems, I can't but help wonder what you are doing wrong Smile

(2022-08-18, 02:09)SirLancy Wrote: 1. Why isn't there an option to select the title of the film from a list like some other scrapers?
There is. This function is not scraper related, it is a Kodi core function.
If the movie is already in your library, press the Refresh button from the Information Page.
If the movie is not yet in the library, find the movie in Videos>Files then press the i button on your keyboard, or "Scan to library" from the Context menu.
If you are using the correct scrapers mentioned below, then you can also use ID searches...
Movies... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_Movie_Database_Python
TV Shows... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TMDb_TV_Shows

(2022-08-18, 02:09)SirLancy Wrote: can't get Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes ratings to display
I don't know about this as I don't have an OMDB key to test.
One common problem is that some movies don't have ratings listed there.

(2022-08-18, 02:09)SirLancy Wrote: . I noticed The Movie Database Python has the option to pull ratings from Trakt.TV, although I couldn't get it to work.
Why can't you get this to work? It works.
No, there won't be Trakt ratings in UMS.

(2022-08-18, 02:09)SirLancy Wrote: Since this add-on only works for movies, does anyone have any recommendations for an Information Provider add-on for TV Shows? Kodi has these by default 1. The Movie Database 2. The TVDB (new) 3. The TVDB v4 4. TMDb TV Shows 5. TV Maze 6. XEM
Where did you get the numbering from?
Use TMDb TV Shows if you want data from TheMovieDB
Use The TVDB v4 if you want data from TVDB.
Forget the rest as they are no longer maintained but need to remain for users on older systems, unfortunately.

If you are still experiencing problems, then provide a Debug Log that captures the problem. Without it we have no idea what you are doing and it becomes a guessing game.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - SirLancy - 2022-08-18

The refresh button wasn't immediately obvious due to the skin I am using, but I scrolled down and found it after pressing i. Not sure why it didn't just bring up a list when scanning it to the library/changing content to a different scraper. Thanks - I also see I maybe could have used a parsing NFO file.

Not that I expect you to test things for me, but why don't you have an OMDB API key? Can't you just get one from omdbapi.com as a free user, like I did? It's definitely not an issue with ratings not being on these sites, as none of the films I tested displayed ratings from MetaCritic or RT, despite being well-known. It's is supposed to be a 8 character alphanumeric key and not a URL or something, right? I feel like I'm just doing something wrong.

I added the numbering myself. I was hoping there would be an add-on that pulls ratings from multiple services like UMS, but for TV-Shows. I found that sometimes TMDb TV Shows will pull both TMDB and TVDB ratings at the same time, sometimes XEM will and sometimes TVDB. Not always and some shows that definitely have ratings don't show up, some only have both in one add-on, but work separately. Some have just the one service and some with no ratings at all. It's not always consistent between add-ons (although some only ever have one). Why no love for TV Shows? Definitely in need of a universal add-on for that.

Why not add Trakt ratings to UMS? Can't really see a reason not to, but oh well. Especially since The Movie Database Python has it and you can't use both. Like I said, I can't get it to work. I have Trakt integration working just fine on its own, but I see no way to link it in TMDP. Not UMS, I know.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Karellen - 2022-08-18

(2022-08-18, 07:01)SirLancy Wrote: Not that I expect you to test things for me, but why don't you have an OMDB API key
Ratings are not a big deal for me. I am happy with IMDB ratings as a general guide. I am only concerned about my own "user ratings".

(2022-08-18, 07:01)SirLancy Wrote: I found that sometimes TMDb TV Shows will pull both TMDB and TVDB ratings at the same time
Don't know how that is possible as TMDB TV Shows is not coded to retrieve TVDB ratings.
Anyway TVDB ratings are dead! TheTVDB disabled ratings on their site. Any remaining ratings there are stale.

(2022-08-18, 07:01)SirLancy Wrote: Why not add Trakt ratings to UMS?
Because the developer of the addon does not want to add any new features. We are lucky that he still finds the time to still support the scraper, but his visits to the forum are getting less and less, unfortunately.

(2022-08-18, 07:01)SirLancy Wrote: Like I said, I can't get it to work. I have Trakt integration working just fine on its own, but I see no way to link it in TMDP. Not UMS, I know.
Have you enabled it in Settings?
Read the opening statement in Section 4- Settings... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_Movie_Database_Python#Settings
It applies to every scraper.

Provide a Debug Log if it still does not work.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - JJarmush - 2022-08-21

(2022-07-19, 09:49)At2010 Wrote:
(2022-07-14, 18:39)JJarmush Wrote: Hi
is there any chance I run the universal movie scraper without kodi running? The idea is that each day the scraper is launched silently, detect any change in the video or music database, and stores the relevant data locally so when i launch kodi everything is already up-to date.

Beware of using Auto update on startup with this addon. IMDB still uses scraper functions on a web pages that change whenever Amazon wants. This can lead to a corruption or loss of information provided. I would recommend the TheMovieDB python addon for an automated process. There is also a Program addon in the repository called Library Auto Update by robweber that updates media libraries on a timer (so it says). I have not tried it but it may work for you.
Thank you for mentioning those 2 solutions.  I am not sure we are on the same page though.
I wanted to run new movie detection AND  the scraper WITHOUT running Kodi : the aim being that new movies I add, are immediately accounted for in kodi db together with the scraping result triggered by the new movies found. That way when I decide to run kodi everything is already set and I do not need to wait for updating. Is there any solution to this ?

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Karellen - 2022-08-21

(2022-08-21, 22:48)JJarmush Wrote: I wanted to run new movie detection AND  the scraper WITHOUT running Kodi
No, there is no solution for this scenario.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - jbinkley60 - 2022-08-21

(2022-08-21, 22:48)JJarmush Wrote: Thank you for mentioning those 2 solutions.  I am not sure we are on the same page though.
I wanted to run new movie detection AND  the scraper WITHOUT running Kodi : the aim being that new movies I add, are immediately accounted for in kodi db together with the scraping result triggered by the new movies found. That way when I decide to run kodi everything is already set and I do not need to wait for updating. Is there any solution to this ?

There is a solution which can do this but it may not be what you are thinking or wanting.  I run Mezzmo with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  With this solution all new content is discovered (based upon your settings), automatically scraped into a central repository and then synchronized with the Kodi DB as soon as Kodi starts or hourly if Kodi is already running (or immediately if you are running the Mezzmo Kodi addon in GUI mode)..  Scraping is moved from Kodi to Mezzmo.   Alternatively you can use other non-Kodi clients and web interfaces depending upon your needs.  This is probably more than what you wanted but I believe it does what you ask. 

It also has a number of side benefits including rebuilding your Kodi database automatically, automatically deleting movies you remove from your library, backing up and saving resume points / bookmarks, backup artwork, selective ability to lock metadata from future updates, automatic movie set creation and such.  The Wiki FAQ page has a lot more info.

Jeff

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Selyan - 2022-08-29

Hi friends,
The posters have not been displayed for about 6 weeks. I have to do it manually. When I came here, I saw that there had been some changes on TMDB, so I didn't worry. But now I would like to correct the error. I am using 18.9 and UMS 5.5.10. Does anyone have an idea please?

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Selyan - 2022-09-03

Can someone answer me please?

Universal Movie Scraper - HeresJohnny - 2022-09-03

# Disregard