Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - braz - 2012-12-09

(2012-12-07, 22:36)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Now I know this is a question for TMDB, but maybe someone knows the answer... when you have a movie with a date issue, whose is "Correct"? If IMDB shows 2011 but TMDB shows 2012, should I update TMDB to show the 2011 date, or should I change my files to match the TMDB's 2012?

I renamed my files to match the TMDb year. By default TMDb uses the USA date as the primary date, unless someone marks another date as primary. So if another country has an earlier release date, it could be set as primary to match IMDB. But TMDb only allows one date per country, while IMDB might have two dates for a particular country (ie, festival and theatrical release). In this case I don't see an easy way to get both databases to match, unless TMDb is ok with people replacing the theatrical release dates with the festival debut dates, for example..

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - olympia - 2012-12-09

I see a chance now to move back to IMDb search (they fixed the most ugly bug in their new search engine). Stay tuned.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Zernable - 2012-12-10

I'm having issues scraping a handful of movies lately. Most movies are scraping fine, but there are 3-4 that are having an issue. When scraping, the correct movie is found, but almost all the details, including the movie name are returned as blank. One movie this is happening to is "Over Alaska". I've attached my debug log here. The scraping begins at timestamp 17:52:03 in my log.

The primary thing I see that is common between these movies that end up with empty data is that they appear on TMDB, but not on IMDB. My Universal Scraper settings are set to get most info from IMDB. Could that be the reason? The movie gets added to my library with most of the field, including movie name, empty.

Edit: I know IMDB has been undergoing some major site changes (and bugs) lately, so if this is related to those changes, that is understandable.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Langston Hughes - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-08, 01:29)Langston Hughes Wrote:
(2012-12-06, 09:28)olympia Wrote: Odds are high that you didn't change the scraper from IMDb by 'changing content' from the context menu of the movie source.

Within the add-on itself? Its set to TMDB.

So how I have them labeled and what I have in the file folder that I previously posted is all I need?

Bizzy bump. Still dont see what I am doing wrong.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - olympia - 2012-12-10

I see. You are not following what I wrote. No, not in the addon itself. Go to your movie source, bring up the context menu, select 'change content', then switch scraper...

(2012-12-10, 03:30)Zernable Wrote: I'm having issues scraping a handful of movies lately. Most movies are scraping fine, but there are 3-4 that are having an issue. When scraping, the correct movie is found, but almost all the details, including the movie name are returned as blank. One movie this is happening to is "Over Alaska". I've attached my debug log here. The scraping begins at timestamp 17:52:03 in my log.

The primary thing I see that is common between these movies that end up with empty data is that they appear on TMDB, but not on IMDB. My Universal Scraper settings are set to get most info from IMDB. Could that be the reason? The movie gets added to my library with most of the field, including movie name, empty.

Edit: I know IMDB has been undergoing some major site changes (and bugs) lately, so if this is related to those changes, that is understandable.

Yeah, well. If the data is set to be scraped from IMDb and the movie doesn't exist there, then this would be logical, no? Smile
If you have your movies in separate folders, then you can change the scraper settings only on these particular movies and scrape tha date from TMDb.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Zernable - 2012-12-10

(2012-12-10, 08:10)olympia Wrote: Yeah, well. If the data is set to be scraped from IMDb and the movie doesn't exist there, then this would be logical, no? Smile
If you have your movies in separate folders, then you can change the scraper settings only on these particular movies and scrape tha date from TMDb.

As I was writing that post, I had that "duh" moment where I realized it was a somewhat silly question. As a followup question, would it make more sense to not add the item to the library if it's going to just add empty values for most fields? Perhaps maybe not even for most fields, but for the title. Include a check that if the title is blank, assume it didn't scan correctly and not add it to the library. I'm not sure if that would actually be better or not, but am throwing it out there,.

This is not something a scraper could do.

However, if the movie exists on TMDb, but not on IMDb and you have the movie in its own separate folder, then just use 'change content' on the folder of the movie and change in scraper settings to scrape fields from TMDb instead of IMDb only for that particular movie.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Geoff Kennedy - 2012-12-11

(2012-12-10, 07:51)olympia Wrote: I see. You are not following what I wrote. No, not in the addon itself. Go to your movie source, bring up the context menu, select 'change content', then switch scraper...

This was it. This was what I was missing! Thank God! And thank you Olympia
(2012-12-07, 14:30)chander Wrote: Concerning movie sets: is it possible to scrape the poster use on tmdb for collection? XBMC just shows a random poster of any movies in the collection but i don't know if it's frodo/scraper/skin related...

What I do is download a poster from Google Images that I feel is the best for the collection, save it to the folder of one of the movies in the collection and then map the poster in XBMC

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Ectholian - 2012-12-12

If i install this scraper, can I uninstall all the metadata.common.* plugins? Like metadata.common.imdb.com ?
And the same for the universal artist scraper and so on?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - monkeymagic - 2012-12-12

@olympia Thanks for this scraper it's working beautifully for me but I have a request. Would it be possible to add "UK" as an option for the preferred title when using IMDB to get the movie title and "GB" when using TheMovieDB?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - chander - 2012-12-12

Something strange when scraping a particular movie: "In Cold Blood" (1967) (tt0061809). Universal scraper returns nothing. Scraping works with the TMDB scraper (tested). I've checked the date and the IMDB id on TMDB and it's the same on IMDB. Any hint?

Thanks

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Zernable - 2012-12-12

I just created a dummy "In Cold Blood.mkv" file and was able to scan it in using the Universal Scraper.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - chander - 2012-12-13

(2012-12-12, 23:46)Zernable Wrote: I just created a dummy "In Cold Blood.mkv" file and was able to scan it in using the Universal Scraper.

Thanks for taking the time to help me. Fixed.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Langston Hughes - 2012-12-13

(2012-12-10, 07:51)olympia Wrote: I see. You are not following what I wrote. No, not in the addon itself. Go to your movie source, bring up the context menu, select 'change content', then switch scraper...

I figured it out, because of this post. Thanks of the help and sorry for my ignorance... just couldnt find another menu anywhere to change scrappers!

Cheers.