Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

Re: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-02-11

I knew this will be the next Smile
I might have a look on this eventually. Nevertheless you can always create nfo files for these types. You can't have that many of these that it would end up in a real pain. :p

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Voyager - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-11, 17:53)olympia Wrote: I knew this will be the next Smile
I might have a look on this eventually. Nevertheless you can always create nfo files for these types. You can't have that many of these that it would end up in a real pain. :p

Looking forward to it. And thanks for the great work here.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - dracula - 2013-02-11

I'm wondering: is there any way to get rid of the prompt that says "Unable to connect, would you like to continue scanning?".

I seemed to have added some weird folder structure that causes the scanner to choke (see below), but I'd just really prefer if it continued scanning and not bother me and halt every time when I remotely trigger a video library update.

For the record: the folder structure is in a music video source:
Code:
Michael Jackson
\-- Michael Jackson - Vision
      |-- DVD1
      |    \-- video_ts
      |-- DVD2
      |    \-- video_ts
      \-- DVD3
           \-- video_ts
It 'fails to connect' three times in row, for each DVDx subfolder. I have no idea how to properly add this DVD.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - mortstar - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-11, 13:32)olympia Wrote: errr, that was me being stupid and your are right in both of your observations.
Implemented properly in v2.3.1.

This means I don't need to make these changes myself every update. As always, your work is much appreciated.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Maetrik - 2013-02-12

(2013-02-10, 23:12)olympia Wrote: Eden has just synced with Frodo

I love you. If there is a way to donate to you directly, please let me know.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-02-12

Thanks for this! The biggest donation for me is the recognition of the work and seeing the words "Thank you"... "Love you" is even better Smile

This seems to be more and more rare these days... (In real life as well...)

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - SorryGoFish - 2013-02-12

(2013-02-11, 22:19)dracula Wrote: I'm wondering: is there any way to get rid of the prompt that says "Unable to connect, would you like to continue scanning?".

According to the Wiki, you can add the following to your advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<videoscanner>
  <ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
</videoscanner>

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Bigmonty - 2013-02-14

I wonder if somebody can help.

I have been trying to rescrape some of my movies using this scraper however I cannot seem to get the Certification to come through properly, all I seem to get is the German cert, not the UK one.

In the Configuration page of the scraper I set the Cetification to UK after selecting IMDB and I also set the Rated part of the options to UK (although I am not sure what this part means).

I then select my movies, in this case Aliens, and click refresh and do it from the internet, not locally. All I seem to get though is the red rating common for German films not the UK '18'.

Can anyone please help?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-02-14

You have to ask in the forum of your skin of choice that what it is expecting to display the certification images and put that text in there instead of the 'Rated'.

Thanks for the reply.

I am using Aeon Nox 4.0, which I guess is probably one of the most popular skins. I don't suppose anyone here knows what is required to save me asking in it's forum?

This is what the scraper shows when I do a debug.

ParseIMDBCountryCert returned <details><mpaa>Rated 18</mpaa></details>

The same text comes up no matter what I change the 'Rated' text to i.e I have tried leaving it blank and changing it to UK:

I think it need to be <mpaa>UK:18</mpaa> but I am unsure how to get the scraper to do this.

Any help appreciated.

EDIT - never mind, fixed it. I was changing the settings of the scraper under 'System' but when I checked them under 'Video' they hadn't changed. I changed them under 'Video' and all is now fine. UK: worked.

This is because every source can have it's own settings. You only change the scraper defaults in system, so that when you are creating a new source those settings what you set in system will be applied by default, but this will not change your settings on sources you already have.

This is confusing like hell, I am crying the team to change this by completely disabling the scraper settings in system.

(2013-02-11, 19:16)Voyager Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 17:53)olympia Wrote: I knew this will be the next Smile

Looking forward to it. And thanks for the great work here.

Added at v2.4.0 (by the only exception of TV Episodes)

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - oldino - 2013-02-15

Hi,
I am using universal scraper with reAlaska skin on AppleTV 2.
I am using xbmc commander on ipad to control whole thing: my problem with universal scraper is that for each movie I see it uses 3 fields, named "poster" "fanart" and "thumb". In scraper options I can just see poster and fanart, but nothing about thumb.
On the other hand xbmc commander uses this field "thumb" to show movie thumbnails when choosing a movie. But previously when using imdb scraper everything was fine and I had posters as movies thumbnails.
Is there a workaround I can use to solve this issue?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-02-15

This is not a 'Universal Scraper' issue. The 'Universal Scraper' is just featured with the new poster handling of Frodo what I guess is not true for XBMC Commander based on the above. So you don't have a problem with the 'Universal Scraper' or Frodo, but with XBMC Commander.