Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - wgstarks - 2013-09-05

(2013-09-05, 16:45)mbc0 Wrote: Hi,

Due to the change of search with TMDB (Not using years any more) I have installed this add-on and set the scraper to use IMDB but whenever I do a scan/update library I get a message at the top of the screen saying scanning movies using the movie database still? how can I stop the scanner from using TMDB? if I go into the addon's TMDB cannot be disabled or uninstalled?

Thanks in advance...

Just a guess. Did you edit your source and change the settings there. I made that mistake just a few days ago.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - mbc0 - 2013-09-05

Hi, thanks for the reply I did set to imdb but this has made no difference... I am sure it is me doing something wrong but I cannot figure it out. ...

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - mbc0 - 2013-09-06

[/quote]

Just a guess. Did you edit your source and change the settings there. I made that mistake just a few days ago.
[/quote]

My Bad! I misunderstood you... I have now changed the source on the files to IMDB and all working :-D

Thank You

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - wgstarks - 2013-09-06

(2013-09-06, 01:52)mbc0 Wrote: My Bad! I misunderstood you... I have now changed the source on the files to IMDB and all working :-D

Thank You

At least now I know I'm not the only one.Big Grin

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - perevers - 2013-09-06

Hi.
Sorry for asking this, i tried searching the forums but did not find anything usefull, and i dont have the ressources to read all 70 pages Smile
Most of my movies names are in english even though i in the universal movie scraper settings choose prefered danish language both in movie title and art.
The art are all danish.
I have chosen that the scraper should get the info from Imdb, and they do show all the titles in danish when i go there from my laptop.
I have tried changing the names to danish via the movie info page, but without luck.
All my movies are named as Imdb name them with the title and the year. e.g. Mission Impossible (1996).mkv.
Anyone that have an idea to what im doing wrong? if i need to add more info please let me know and i will do my best to find it.

Per

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - capfuturo - 2013-09-06

Good evening perevers,

If I understand well, you want XBMC to show the original Danish title of your Danish movies, right? If this is the case both Universal Movie Scraper and The Movie Databse Scraper, can be configured to do so.

For the former, go to: General –> Get Title Fromselect IMDB and in the sub-menu 'Preferred Title Language from', select 'Keep Original'.

For the latter, go to: 'General' –> 'Keep original Title' and select it.

If at any point you need to define a custom title, different from anything that could be possibly scraped, just press letter 'C' when in library view and that will bring up the contextual menu for the particular movie. There you will see the option 'Edit Title'.

I hope you get your Danish movies showing up in your lovely Danske!

Sv: RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - perevers - 2013-09-06

(2013-09-06, 22:23)capfuturo Wrote: Good evening perevers,

If I understand well, you want XBMC to show the original Danish title of your Danish movies, right? If this is the case both Universal Movie Scraper and The Movie Databse Scraper, can be configured to do so.

For the former, go to: General –> Get Title Fromselect IMDB and in the sub-menu 'Preferred Title Language from', select 'Keep Original'.

For the latter, go to: 'General' –> 'Keep original Title' and select it.

If at any point you need to define a custom title, different from anything that could be possibly scraped, just press letter 'C' when in library view and that will bring up the contextual menu for the particular movie. There you will see the option 'Edit Title'.

I hope you get your Danish movies showing up in your lovely Danske!

Evening to you to.
I want all titles to be Danish not only the Danish movies. E.g. back to the future should be named: Tilbage til Fremtiden.
I have set the preferred
Preferred Title Language to Danish/Denmark.
Hope you see what I mean

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - capfuturo - 2013-09-06

Hello Perevers,

Is this what you want, right?

If so, just configure the scraper according to your needs. Below you can see an example of the configuration that gave the above results. Now, if you have been playing around with the default settings of the scraper after you have defined a particular scraping configuration for your video source, then the new defaults won't get picked up. You need to edit the configuration of the scraper on the source or redefine the scraper for the source so it will pick up the new defaults. Got it?

I hope it works for you. Let me know!

Sv: RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - perevers - 2013-09-08

(2013-09-06, 23:37)capfuturo Wrote: Hello Perevers,

Is this what you want, right?

If so, just configure the scraper according to your needs. Below you can see an example of the configuration that gave the above results. Now, if you have been playing around with the default settings of the scraper after you have defined a particular scraping configuration for your video source, then the new defaults won't get picked up. You need to edit the configuration of the scraper on the source or redefine the scraper for the source so it will pick up the new defaults. Got it?

I hope it works for you. Let me know!

Yes, that's exactly what I want, but not sure I get how to do it. When I try editing the settings I do it thru the add-ons menu, and the choose the universal scraper and then edit my settings there, but guess that's what I'm doing wrong? How do I edit on the source? Do I have to delete all my media sources and then add it all again, and then set the right settings for the scraper that way? A little how to help would be nice :-)

Per

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-09-08

Bring up the context menu on the source and select "Change Content".

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - krish_2k4 - 2013-09-08

Feature Request: An option to Auto-Export NFO

The current way to do this is to manually export the NFO for ALL video media into separate NFO files. This to me is highly inefficient now because if you just want to export one video NFO file you have to do them all, which is pointless if you have a large video collection.

For example if you have a new movie, you would have to go into settings and export the NFO, XBMC would read and write the NFO files for all video media including tv shows (including every single episode!) and all your movies just for that one movie.

I would like an option in the scraper that automatically exports the nfo for only the video file it has scraped. So if you have a new movie the scraper would pull the metadata from the internet and then export it to a NFO file. This would be so much easier and user friendly if the scraper does all the work and not to mention more efficient than the current way.

Sv: RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - perevers - 2013-09-08

(2013-09-08, 13:37)olympia Wrote: Bring up the context menu on the source and select "Change Content".

Thanks a lot for your answer. But I'm afraid I'm a little lost still. I'm not sure what you mean about the source?

(2013-09-08, 19:21)perevers Wrote:
(2013-09-08, 13:37)olympia Wrote: Bring up the context menu on the source and select "Change Content".

Thanks a lot for your answer. But I'm afraid I'm a little lost still. I'm not sure what you mean about the source?

The "Video Source" contains your media. You added this under Videos.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - wgstarks - 2013-09-08

(2013-09-08, 19:34)olympia Wrote:
(2013-09-08, 19:21)perevers Wrote:

The "Video Source" contains your media. You added this under Videos.

When you change the settings inside the addon you are changing the default, but each source has it's own settings that were set when you created the source. If you want to change them you will have to edit the source.

No, as I said, you have to "Change Content" on the source, not "Edit Source".