Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - gabriel_eliot - 2013-09-24

BUG REPORT: Movies with a perfect 100/100 Metacritic rating are mishandled by Universal Movie Scraper (UMS).

Movies with a perfect score of 100/100 on Metacritic, of which there are only 11 movies total in all time, are rated a 1.0 in XBMC after scraping with UMS instead of a 10.

I've confirmed this with the two movies: The Godfather & Lawrence of Arabia.

List of 11 movies affected: http://www.metacritic.com/browse/movies/score/metascore/all?sort=desc&view=condensed

Thanks for the awesome scraper, it's worlds better than the stock one.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - capfuturo - 2013-09-24

Good evening gabriel_eliot,

Would it be possible to have a full debug log comprehending the moments in which you refresh these movies (re-scrape) and consequentially the 1.0 scores are being assigned by the UMS?

Thanks in advance

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - scudlee - 2013-09-24

@gabriel_eliot: I've just pushed a fix for this.

Give it a while to update before testing. You won't be notified of the update, as it's in one of the scraper libraries, not the main scraper.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Rourke - 2013-09-27

(2013-09-16, 17:20)wgstarks Wrote:
(2013-09-16, 16:59)Rourke Wrote: I have Plot source set to TMBb with the language set to Dutch (nl). Yet it indexes all movies with an english plot. Even for movies where I can confirm it has a dutch plot on TMDb. How is this possible?

Did you set the language to Dutch when you added the video source? That's the mistake I made with mine. Didn't realize that changing the settings for the addon doesn't change settings for sources that already exist.

Yes, I did think about this before setting up my sources. It still keeps downloading the english plot...

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Sound Hound - 2013-09-29

Thought UMS would solve my probs with less mainstream music dvds. One particular title I have is not recognised by the main title scrapers, but IS recognised by rotten tomatoes - but I can't set RT as the scraper for main titles - only sub fields. Never mind - not a huge issue for me Wink Guess i'll have to bone up on how to add an .nfo (wiki is too vague for a ludite such as I)

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - tennisbgc - 2013-10-03

using this on the ouya if I uncheck get collection name from themoviedb I get no movie sets. is this normal cause I want movie sets just not with the moviedb naming.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - wgstarks - 2013-10-03

(2013-10-03, 03:33)tennisbgc Wrote: using this on the ouya if I uncheck get collection name from themoviedb I get no movie sets. is this normal cause I want movie sets just not with the moviedb naming.

You can edit the name of the set using the contextual menu.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - antst - 2013-10-06

It is nice scarper, but I have problem with it.

It works well for filenames which corresponds to english titles, but if, for example, I have file with russian move, named in russian, it complains that it "unable to connect to remote server".
I uses tmdb as search provider, and on tmdb website I can get info for this movie. File-names are encoded in UTF-8.

I suspect that scraper assumes that everything is in iso-8859-1.

In fact, i would not mind if it will not find few movies with non-english titles/file-names. But annoying is that it complains about every such file on library scan. And I have to confirm manually.

Can someone, who friendly with scrapers, make UTF-8 version of it?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - keiron99 - 2013-10-07

I don't know what I am doing wrong but I am tearing my hair out at the moment. Whatever I do, I cannot change "Preferred Title Language" from the default "Keep Original" to "USA/international"

I make the change, and click OK, but when I go back into the settings, it's back at "Keep original".

I have tried changing the setting in both the Add On settings, and within the source file itself.

I guess I am making a stupid error, but cannot see what!

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - scudlee - 2013-10-07

You need to do it at the source folder (i.e. 'Change content') and not the Add-on settings in order to change an existing source.

Make sure you press OK twice, once in the "Settings" dialog and once in the "Set content" dialog. If you press back from either, it won't be saved.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - keiron99 - 2013-10-08

(2013-10-07, 23:39)scudlee Wrote: Make sure you press OK twice, once in the "Settings" dialog and once in the "Set content" dialog. If you press back from either, it won't be saved.

Many thanks! It was the first OK that I was failing to press! Smile

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - keiron99 - 2013-10-09

Hmmm. I'm having problems with the Universal Movie Scraper.

When I manually refresh a movie (I've been going through my movies to change the foreign names to USA/international) it causes XBMC to freeze completely.

I've observed this effect over the last two days on two of my XBMC streamers (and I have tried Confluence, Hybrid and Aeon Nox skins).

However, when I disable IMDB and just use the Movie Database, this problem goes away.

Now it could just be a freakish coincidence that every one of the 15 or so times I tried it, something else caused the boxes to freeze - but that just seems like way too much of a coincidence.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - wargo - 2013-10-11

It happened to me couple of time that I get "unable to connect to remote center" but if I change scraper it works fine, is it a problem related to this scraper then?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - neurosis13 - 2013-10-11

imdb is down at the moment so the scraper won't work.
i hope they will be up soon.

Re: RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - frater - 2013-10-11

(2013-10-11, 02:41)neurosis13 Wrote: imdb is down at the moment so the scraper won't work.
i hope they will be up soon.

I'm having a problem with the scraper too the last 2 days. Now I changed everything to themoviedb and it now works.

At first I made the mistake to change it in add-ons. One needs to change it at "set content"