Kodi Community Forum
Android SickStache, CouchTatertot Apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android SickStache, CouchTatertot Apps (/showthread.php?tid=130331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - skabyss - 2012-08-02

Well the images do eventually load, I have just come to find that the will not load until the 'manage' list loads.. leaving the 'wanted' list to appear as though it isn't loading the thumbnails..

But the problem seems to lay in the amount of time it takes to load the 'manage list'. My 3g at work may not be great, but after a good 4 minutes or so the list still hasnt loaded.. Perhaps the 'manage' list could be something thats cached and manually refreshed, or by a preset interval? The 'wanted' list loads quickly enough and if the manage list was cached then it would seem like it would make it load a lot faster..

just a thought!

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - Buttink - 2012-08-03

I think I might just put a spinner behind the image to signify that its loading and If I cannot get a image it will just be blank.

EDIT: Wait how many movies are in your manage list?

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - skabyss - 2012-08-03

Currently I have 298 movies in my manage list.. so its a decent number but nothing ridiculous

I can tell you right now thats why your having problems. I think the first thing I should update should be making managed and wanted load on demand (ie load 50 at a time until you hit the bottom).

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - skabyss - 2012-08-03

Heh, I had assumed that was an issue.. But sounds like the solution you have planned would help A LOT!

One problem is that you cannot do the A B C D E F G thing in android to well .... I wonder how I could also do that to make it a bit more seamless. I guess I could have a bar that runs across the top that you can scroll horizontally that says ALL A B C D E F G ... Y Z.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - Buttink - 2012-08-04

I added a self updating list. It is set right now to 25 items and when you are 10 from the bottom it gets more. I haven't added a footer to say its updating, but I'm getting there. After that I will try to add the ALL A B C D E F G thingy.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - Buttink - 2012-08-07

I updated SickStache to fix a on rotation bug. Another should be out soon that will save data on rotation so it doesnt move you or reload.

Oh these are also coming to CouchTatertot. Plus, SickStache will get auto updating history and logs later.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - skabyss - 2012-08-07

Thanks for your great work!

Wanted to toss this out there too, I found a new SAB app that looks and feels quite similar to your apps, thought you may be interested!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kevinforeman.sabconnect

That actually looks really good. I wish everyone would get out of the mindset of SickBeard, SABnzbd, CouchPotato, and Headphone all in 1 app. Every app that has done this suffers in quality. Although, I did see that he has a feedback section. I should add that to all mine. I wish android would let you intercept exceptions so I could send myself error reports.

EDIT:

BTW, my HTC EVO 4g Design got an upgrade today to 4.0.3 Wooooo now all i need is a 4.1 update.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - skabyss - 2012-08-07

I have to agree with you as far as lumping all those apps together into 1 goes.. I had very high hopes for mediadog and nzb unity... but theres always something that doesnt work well in it and the focus gets lost in trying to fix each part separately..

That being said, I would absolutely love to see your take on a headphones app! Big Grin

I haven't installed headphones yet I should try it out.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - Buttink - 2012-08-12

Whenever the new CouchTatertot is live, try it out tell me if that solves most of your issues so far.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - skabyss - 2012-08-13

The new version of ctot works great! Tried it on a poor connection and it was still great!

Only features I could think of adding would be a log/history viewer and support for sharing from the imdb app, but I'm pretty sure you're aware of that Smile

Thanks!