Kodi Community Forum
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Music Pump Kodi Remote (/showthread.php?tid=131303)

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - floepie - 2012-10-22

(2012-10-22, 15:15)aldredd Wrote: I think that's the 'correct' behaviour, as it's the app which masters the playlist, not XBMC - the app, in essence, doesn't care what is playing now, only what it expects to be playing based on what it has told XBMC to play.

? The app-generated playlist and 'now playing' are entirely separate, or they should be at least. It's not the expected behavior to open the app and find there's nothing playing when in reality there is. Every remote app I've ever used gathers what's playing from the home base and determines elapsed time and so forth, regardless of whether the app was used to start play.

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2012-10-22

The now playing screen is implemented using the notifications retured by xbmc. If the remote was started after the item started to play on xbmc the remote does not get the play event and does not know that something is playing I should actually poll the currently playing song at least once to get the initial status when the now playing screen is displayed but I was too lazy to implement it yet. Other remotes just poll xbmc for the currently playing item every second.

And the playqueue in the now playing is the local one and does not show the queue on xbmc. If you look at the queue on xbmc there will be only one file anyway. The last music pump remote which plays an audio file takes over with its queue

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2012-10-25

(2012-10-21, 22:43)smee204 Wrote:
(2012-10-21, 09:51)Millencolin007 Wrote: This is typically the exception you get if you connect to a wrong port or ip address and there is something else responding on that port which can't be parsed to json by the app

Check your settings in the app and verify that you can connect to the xbmc web interface with your browser. By default this is http://your_ip:8080. Otherwise you probably forgot to enable the web interface in xbmc itself or you already have something else running on port 8080 (sabnzbd, sickbeard...)

Thanks! The port was conflicting with sabnzbd!

I noticed your app can play music on the local device or on xbmc could you extend this to play on any upnp device? That would be a fantastic feature being able to push music from a xbmc server to upnp devices round the house.

Keep up the good work!

hehe sabnzbd on port 8080 ;-)

Upnp is a complicated xml based protocol and there are many poorly/faulty upnp implementations on multimedia devices. It will need a lot of work and workarounds to make it work properly. I played around with the java upnp library "cling" and was able to send a music url to an upnp device but I run into a couple of issues retrieving the current progress and detecting if playback stopped/changed.

I may add upnp and airplay support later on but this is of very low priority right now

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2012-10-28

I have just published a new release 0.98.6 in the play store

- Fixed some json-rpc bugs because of changes in the api (raspberry pi mode should display thumbnails again except for music in now playing screen)
- Some layout modifications mainly for tablets. See screenshots below
- Fixed playing youtube urls
- @floepie: Now playing screen should now show the currently playing item when another remote is playing

Don't forget to rate Music Pump XBMC Remote in the play store if you like it ;-)

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - aldredd - 2012-10-28

Loving the changes, thank you!

Couple of fairly minor niggles I get a lot
- when refreshing the music database, it wipes your current playlist. Be really helpful if it preserved this, or a way of saving playlists (even better!)
- When it's playing from the playlist, if it encounters a track that it's unable to locate, it'll stop play. Be helpful if it just skipped and went to the next track (and perhaps mark the track as not existing?)

Like I say, minor - but this update is a fab one!

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2012-10-28

(2012-10-28, 20:41)aldredd Wrote: Loving the changes, thank you!

Couple of fairly minor niggles I get a lot
- when refreshing the music database, it wipes your current playlist. Be really helpful if it preserved this, or a way of saving playlists (even better!)
- When it's playing from the playlist, if it encounters a track that it's unable to locate, it'll stop play. Be helpful if it just skipped and went to the next track (and perhaps mark the track as not existing?)

Like I say, minor - but this update is a fab one!

True, doesn't make much sense here to drop the current playlist when refreshing songs. Will change that. For saving playlists I think that you will wait until xbmc offers a way to create a new playlist on xbmc.

The second point will be a bit more difficult. I am not 100% sure but I think that I get a stop notification from xbmc when a song fails to play => I may not be able to distinguish if the user stopped playback manually or if a track failed to play. If you stopped the music manually you don't want it to play the next song.

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - aldredd - 2012-10-29

(2012-10-28, 21:54)Millencolin007 Wrote: True, doesn't make much sense here to drop the current playlist when refreshing songs. Will change that. For saving playlists I think that you will wait until xbmc offers a way to create a new playlist on xbmc.

The second point will be a bit more difficult. I am not 100% sure but I think that I get a stop notification from xbmc when a song fails to play => I may not be able to distinguish if the user stopped playback manually or if a track failed to play. If you stopped the music manually you don't want it to play the next song.

Very kind of you to make that change!

The track skipping thing isn't a huge deal - acts as a bit of a prompt to remove it / refresh the library to be fair (which I won't hesitate to do so much if it remembers the playlist!)

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - Zelgadis87 - 2012-11-05

Would it be possible to keep a playlist synced between XBMC and Music Pump in the future? What I mean by this is, when I reconnect the player to the server, assuming the playlist changed on XBMC, have the player download the missing songs and delete the songs not present anymore.

I use this app a LOT in offline mode, and while it's really convenient to download new songs to the phone, my internal drive is starting to get full due to "old" songs being kept there ..

Anyway, even without this feature, this app has saved me a lot of time previously wasted by fiddling manually with files, so I'm really thankful anyway. Keep up the great job!

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2012-11-05

I thought of such a sync function a while ago but it is not so easy to implement properly and in an intuitive way so I decided to postpone this.

Some problems that crossed my mind:
- The song may be in more than one playlist => it should only be removed if not present in any other playlist
- you may have added manually some songs to that playlist from another media player. Those tracks will be deleted next time you sync with xbmc because they don't exist on the playlist in xbmc.
- Deal with renamed playlists ( a new sync would keep all old files since the renamed playlist would still be on the device and not delete old songs because of this)
- Deal with moved/renamed songs (i.e. move your music from the internal storage to the sdcard) => A new sync would download the whole playlist again.

I will put it on my feature request list but can't promise that a smarter sync function will be implemented

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - ixnu - 2012-11-13

My Movie and TV Show library keeps disappearing.

Moto x2
ver 0.98.61

XBMC Eden
Win7 x64

This started about a week ago, but I can no longer see my Movies or TV shows in library mode using the app. Prior, my Movies and TV Shows functioned normally. I can still browse my Movies and TV shows if I use the browse files menu on the last screen.

My music library woks fine.

Any suggestions?

I love the app!

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2012-11-13

What do you mean by "library keeps disappearing" ? Does it just show a blank list from time to time or is the list always empty. Does the app crash at that moment?
I have seen a couple of reports in the developer console where the app seems to crash sometimes (probably happens when hitting the back button in the movies / tv shows section)

Since last update was end of octobre and you say that the problem started to happen ~ 1 week ago I don't think your problem is related to that specific update. Without log files it is hard to tell what the problem could be. Since file mode works your xbmc config seems to be ok.

- Have you tried to reinstall the app to see if it that fixes the problem?
- Have you checked if you still have free internal storage?

You can send me the device log to the support address in the playstore so I can take a look at it. Use a tool like LogCollector to extract the log.

Or may be you have added a movie / tvshow with an .nfo file not encoded in utf-8. I have read some time ago that Tolriq had some problems with that in Yatse Widget

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - ixnu - 2012-11-13

(2012-11-13, 09:43)Millencolin007 Wrote: What do you mean by "library keeps disappearing" ?

I should say that it has disappeared after it appeared when I first installed the application. For example, when I view the dedicated "Movies" screen (what I'm calling library mode) in the app (the screen with Movies, TV Shows, and Remote"), the app reports "No Movies". Same with TV.

When I go to the last screen with "Favorites, Music Addons...Video Sources" I can drill down into sources and all of my Movies and TV shows appear with proper metadata.

(2012-11-13, 09:43)Millencolin007 Wrote: Does it just show a blank list from time to time or is the list always empty. Does the app crash at that moment?

It never crashes - everything continues to function as expected beyond the missing library views. I can even chose a movie or tv show via the sources (what I'm calling "file mode"). The music library continues to function normally.

(2012-11-13, 09:43)Millencolin007 Wrote: - Have you tried to reinstall the app to see if it that fixes the problem?

I have reinstalled twice, but I will try again.

(2012-11-13, 09:43)Millencolin007 Wrote: - Have you checked if you still have free internal storage?

I have 1.3 GB free.

(2012-11-13, 09:43)Millencolin007 Wrote: You can send me the device log to the support address in the playstore so I can take a look at it. Use a tool like LogCollector to extract the log.

Will do. Thanks for looking!

(2012-11-13, 09:43)Millencolin007 Wrote: Or may be you have added a movie / tvshow with an .nfo file not encoded in utf-8. I have read some time ago that Tolriq had some problems with that in Yatse Widget

Maybe, but I only use XBMC export for nfo creation rather than a 3rd party tool.

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - Queeg500 - 2012-11-14

Hi

have tried a few remotes with my raspberry pi this evening and am finding music pump to be very good. What I am struggling with which the description says it does it queue a directory of tracks. I have all of my music on a nas and want my pi to play it through a stereo. So browsing through music sources to a mapped directory I get a series of directories for example ac/dc and under that back in black I don't get any options opening the album directory I get a queue option but selecting that and going back to the play queue I don't see any tracks listed. Is there something I'm missing or is this feature not working.

Thanks again for your efforts!

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2012-11-15

The playqueue is locally on the android device and can only be used to queue songs that have been queued using the "Music Section". For that feature to work you have to scan your music shares to the xbmc library which may take a while on a raspberry pi.

Using the music library gives you a lot of advantages
- stream songs to your device
- download music playlists/albums/... to your device
- better queue support
- lockscreen music playback support

If you play/queue a file from "Movie Library" or "File Mode" the file will be added to the video queue on xbmc which is not currently displayed in Music Pump. This is the reason why your play queue on the phone is empty.

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - Queeg500 - 2012-11-15

Ok thanks for the quick response. I'm still fairly new to xbmc so wasn't sure I had it completely setup properly. I'll have a look at getting them into the library.

Thanks again!