Kodi Community Forum
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Music Pump Kodi Remote (/showthread.php?tid=131303)

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-02-14

Yes, I got the same information from AVG and when I checked this morning problem was fixed.

I don't think that it is related to any libs I am using since I use the same in the DAAP Player and it wasn't flagged as malware. Must be something different

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - kiboy6 - 2013-02-16

(2013-02-12, 10:03)Millencolin007 Wrote: Glad you like the app, don't forget to rate it in the play store ;-)

1)
The more intuitive way would be to use the hardware volume buttons on your android device ;-)

2)
A solution is to create a new "smart playlist" on xbmc with your recently added music. Then you can access it from the playlists section but I have planned to display recently added/played music/tv/movies on the main screens (at least for tablets)

3)
You can install/reinstall on any device as long as you use the same google account on the different devices.

Have rated five stars in the play store...and upgraded to pro...thanks for informning me about the volume thing...how silly of me to miss that.

The smart playlists workaround will do for recently added....though I personally would love to see it built into the app (for phones and tablets if poss Wink )

One tiny possible bug I'm encountering:

XBMC allows for multiple artists to be present in ID3 tags if the " / " separator is used (including spaces). Songs tagged in such a way will then appear under both artists if both already are in the artists list, or just under the first artist if there are no other albums by the secondary artist already in the library.

However, as far as I can gather, in Music Pump songs tagged with multiple artists:
- Only show up under the first artist
- However this artist will be placed in the alphabetical list based on the first letter of the second artist (!)
- The Artist image of the second artist will always be used.

Would be awesome if this could be tweaked to match XBMC's native behaviour.

(The same separator can be used for multiple genres...Music Pump seems to be handling these perfectly already though)

Thanks!

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-02-18

Music Pump does currently not support multiple artists or genres for a song. It just keeps one per song. It is a bit complicated to fix since I have to add some new db tables and do additional queries for syncing which makes the whole update slower. This may get fixed in a future release.

I made some changes to the artists section for the upcoming release to exclude artists only on compilations and ignore articles like "the". Probably this will fix your issue with wrong artist thumbnail / sorting. Otherwise let me know once the next release is out and I will analyze this in detail.

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - kiboy6 - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-18, 16:36)Millencolin007 Wrote: Music Pump does currently not support multiple artists or genres for a song. It just keeps one per song. It is a bit complicated to fix since I have to add some new db tables and do additional queries for syncing which makes the whole update slower. This may get fixed in a future release.

I made some changes to the artists section for the upcoming release to exclude artists only on compilations and ignore articles like "the". Probably this will fix your issue with wrong artist thumbnail / sorting. Otherwise let me know once the next release is out and I will analyze this in detail.

Will do...thanks so much for looking into it Smile One other request: any chances of browsable images for music genres? Thanks

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-02-20

Will have a look if I can add this in a future version.

However I never used thumbnails for music genres and can't see how to add a genre thumbnail in the default xbmc skin. Is this something skin dependant or do I need to put the images in a special folder?

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - aldredd - 2013-02-20

Not done it myself, but when I select genres from xmbc, it does show 'blank thumbnails' so figure it must be doable. Did quick google which came with this...

How do I enable genre art?
- Place video genre fanart in the folder skin.aeon.nox/extras/genre/video/fanart with file extension .jpg
- Place video genre icons in the folder skin.aeon.nox/extras/genre/video/icons with file extension .jpg
- Place music genre fanart in the folder skin.aeon.nox/extras/genre/music/fanart with file extension .jpg
- Place video genre icons in the folder skin.aeon.nox/extras/genre/music/fanart with file extension .jpg

Thanks, so it seems to depend on the skin in use

Will try to add the aeon.nox theme and see if I can retrieve genre thumbs over json-rpc. Otherwise it probably has to be solved by putting all genre thumbs in a folder on the sd card and loading them from there.

EDIT: As suspected json-rpc does not return the genre icons so I would probably have to put the images manually in a folder on the sd card and read them from there, not a very nice solution. Maybe the next xbmc version brings better support for the genre thumbs.

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - Livin - 2013-02-20

Post 1 says it only works with Eden... is that true or is Frodo working now?

Music Pump has been working for a long time with frodo. The first post says that it does not work with older versions than eden.

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-02-22

Music Pump XBMC Remote v1.2 has been pushed to the playstore. I hope you like the changes.

Changes in version 1.2:
* A lot of new features in the unlocked version:
- New Remote layout with shortcut buttons and now playing/playqueue in tablet mode
- Display the different xbmc queues (Until now it was only possible to display the local music pump queue)
- New queuing option to queue files in the xbmc queue instead of the local queue. Very useful if you like xbmc party mode or if you want to use more than one remote at the same time to control xbmc. This will also fix the problem with music playback stopping for some users.
- Music section: Swipe to the left from right screen border to quickly access the play queue
- Video/Files section: Swipe to the left from right screen border to quickly access the remote

* New home screen
* Exclude artists who appear only on compilations (if enabled in xbmc settings)
* Ignore articles like "the" for artists for sorting
* While browsing addons/files on your device you can show that folder on xbmc. Very useful to access the context menu in a plugin
* Send Text to xbmc from an text input
* Make the app look more like holo light
* Many small fixes and improvements

While you wait for the update to appear in the play store you can take a look at the screenshots and the short video. The screenshots and video are from the unlocked version.

Screenshots
https://plus.google.com/photos/117179339280097348042/albums/5847049534013882945

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPIp2H3qxSE

Don't forget to rate the app and update your play store comment

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - aldredd - 2013-02-23

Fantastic Job - thank you!
had a quick dabble last night - love the new Halo-esque themeing.
Going to have a play with the playlist options this weekend - very excited!

Re: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - aldredd - 2013-02-23

Weird.... the app seems to have forgotten that I have the unlocker, and lost features. Even if I try to repurchase I get an error stating I already own it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-02-23

The market app "google play store" or the "Google Play Services" on your device is probably caching an old value. Try to clear data and cache from the market apk. If that doesn't help also clear cache and data from google play services.

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - kiboy6 - 2013-02-25

Really enojoying V1.2 Premium....Thanks!

Couple of things:

- Multiple Artists are still acting funny...different, but still incorrect behaviour. Can describe in detail if you'd like.

- I'm probably being thick but none of those nice looking shortcut buttons (including the requested recently added - thanks!) do anything for me. Is there some way to activate them?

- How do i view album information?

One other request that would be great if possible - I've long wondered why there is no option to "play next" in native XBMC. In other words if there is a long queue select a song to insert next in the queue leaving the rest of the queue intact.

Even if this never makes it into XBMC would there be any way to enable such a feature for Music Pump?

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-02-25

(2013-02-25, 11:49)kiboy6 Wrote: Really enojoying V1.2 Premium....Thanks!

Couple of things:

- Multiple Artists are still acting funny...different, but still incorrect behaviour. Can describe in detail if you'd like.

- I'm probably being thick but none of those nice looking shortcut buttons (including the requested recently added - thanks!) do anything for me. Is there some way to activate them?

- How do i view album information?

One other request that would be great if possible - I've long wondered why there is no option to "play next" in native XBMC. In other words if there is a long queue select a song to insert next in the queue leaving the rest of the queue intact.

Even if this never makes it into XBMC would there be any way to enable such a feature for Music Pump?

Yes there is still something wrong with artists since the current code is still not handling additional song artists. Hopefully ordering and thumbnails are ok now. Would be good if you can give some more details

- The shortcut buttons are "remote shortcuts" and don't show anything in music pump itself. They should navigate to a screen or execute an action on xbmc (you have to look at your tv/pc). If the buttons of the remote are working those shortcuts should also be functional sind both use the eventserver.

- Album information is only available in the tablet version and can be accessed by swiping left/right on the song lists

- A queue next option was adden in 1.2. Long press on a song and select "Enqueue Next". However it is currently not possible to select a song from the playqueue and select play next. You have to manually drag it up.