Kodi Community Forum
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Music Pump Kodi Remote (/showthread.php?tid=131303)

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-03-14

I have seen the same thing on a samsung sgs3 a while ago. It was suddenly awful slow when changing screens. I don't really remember how I fixed the problem, but it was:

1) clearing thumbnail cache and removing / adding server
or
2) reinstalling the app

After that all was back to normal

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - aldredd - 2013-03-17

Great work on the recent changes - loving them - especially the cosmetic tweaks made around the app - looks amazing.

I've been trying out the XBMC playlist feature - and works very well - thank you.

Possible bug when using it though - when I tap 'shuffle' it tells me the feature is disabled - but DOES turn on shuffle on XBMC. Which is great... but doing so then messes up the playlist order on the device, being neither the playlist as I entered it, or the order XBMC intends to play (it stays fine on XBMC real). Even if I then fire up the app on another device, it too loads the playlist in the same funny order. Not a big deal, given the fact I have shuffle means I don't care about the order, but the fact it shows it funny is a bit confusing - plus it doesn't return to normal when you take it off shuffle. 'Now Playing' stays in sync fine the whole time though.

Other than that, works well. As I alluded to above, I was able to fire up another device and view the same playlist - very handy when your daughter steals your tablet 5 mins after you start using it.

Only other comment - the 'widget' that come up on the notification bar is perhaps a tad big - takes well over 50% of my screen on my 5in Xperia Z, and most of the time the image that I think is meant to display doesn't show up - even if I leave it open.

Just one question (sorry, I know I asked similar before), now we have XBMC hosted playlists, is there any option to get the ability to save/load playlists?

Amazing work as always.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-03-17

In the alternative queuing mode the app does not check the shuffle status but just toggles it on xbmc without checking which status it is in so it shows the wrong message.

The other problem is that the queue does not automatically refresh when shuffle is enabled/disabled. If you hit pause/resume or switch to another playlist from the dropdown and back to see the proper order. Will fix that in the next release.

For the widget I used the standard notification template, maybe I will come up with something more compact in the future. Currently it only shows the image in the notification if it was cached on the device before. I may add an option later on to fetch them from the network if they are missing but I was not sure if that's the best idea because it will generate network traffic if the screen is off.

The json-rpc api does not provide a function to save the playlist but on xbmc from the music playlist screen there is an option in the menu to save the current playlist. You can use that to persist the playlist on xbmc.

Re: Music Pump XBMC Remote - aldredd - 2013-03-17

Thanks, sounds like the shuffle behaviour is more or less as expect bar the order refreshing.

And thanks for playlist tip-will give that a try later!

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - armyofme - 2013-03-17

(2013-03-14, 23:23)Millencolin007 Wrote: I have seen the same thing on a samsung sgs3 a while ago. It was suddenly awful slow when changing screens. I don't really remember how I fixed the problem, but it was:

1) clearing thumbnail cache and removing / adding server
or
2) reinstalling the app

After that all was back to normal

Thanks - that seems to have done it! Much quicker Smile Is there a way to trigger Party Mode through the app now?

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-03-17

You can start a playlist in party mode from the context menu in the playlists section

There is a button in the remote's shortcut section to start normal music party mode (unlocked version only)
To stop partymode you can longpress on play/pause in the bottom bar. This will stop playback and at the same time cancel party mode.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - corpgator - 2013-03-20

Is there any way to make a full playlist play or do I need to get the unlocked version for that?

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-03-20

It is the same playlist handling for the free and the unlocked version. Can you be a bit more specific which playlist does not fully play.
Music Playlists, Playlists opened through File Mode...

And by fully play do you mean that it does not queue all files?

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - corpgator - 2013-03-24

Ok, I've reinstalled as well as clearing all data/cache and my problem is first, the queue is only locally on my android. I've verified that the queue is never sent to my htpc like Yatse does. This is either trying to play albums or playlists.

My biggest problem is that the remote doesn't play the queue. I can have 20 songs in the queue but it will only play the first one. Once that first one stops, the queue stops. This is on 2 different devices, one running 2.3.6 and one 4.2.2. On Yatse, it uses the local queue so it acts like xbmc on a pc: clicking on a song in an album plays that song and every other song in the album following it. The queue also plays every song in the queue once they are there.

I have been trying music pump out because it supports playlists, which yatse does not. Yatse will only play 1 song from a playlist and then stops, like music pump is doing to me now. The difference is that yatse wasn't queueing any other songs while music pump queues the whole playlist; it just doesn't play any but the first song.

The next button for the queue is broken as well. Sometimes it jumps to the next in the queue, sometimes it does not. Music pump does, though, let me queue songs without playing them. Yatse requires me to actually start playing something before I get to a now playing list whereas with music pump I can queue some stuff up then play it later, far preferable.

If the unlocked version uses the htpc local queue and lets me queue playlists properly and play the whole thing as well as queue songs before having to start them, I'd buy it.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-03-24

Music is probably stopping after one song because there is a configuration issue with the notification port 9090

Have a look at post #228 for possible solutions

If you have the unlocked version you will be able to queue songs using the htpc local queue ( You need to enable it in the settings first) and music won't stop after playing the first one even if the notification channel is not properly configured. You also get a lot of additional features in the unlocked version.

Does the unlocked version keep my phone awake? That killed my battery overnight. Will I be able to see the songs in the local queue via the remote?

Thanks for the link about the 9090 problem.

The app uses a wake and a wifi lock during media playback but normally releases it as soon as playback stops or if you close the app so it should not drain the battery. If you close the app using the back key the wake locks get released and the process gets killed.

If you enable queueing on xbmc the queue in "now playing" gets replaced with the xbmc local queue. From the drop-down on the top of the queue you can switch between music, video and photo queue. In the unlocked version you can also swipe left from the right screen border to show the queue.

Sorry to keep bothering you, but where's the unlocked version? I can't find it in the playstore.

It's an in-app purchase. You won't find it on the play store. In the home screen select "Unlocker" and from the next screen you can upgrade

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - corpgator - 2013-03-25

I upgraded to the premium. It does mostly what I want.

A couple problems, though: You can't swipe back from the play queue except at the top. Swiping on top of a song just moves the song around.

Also, it does not respect playlist order. It just adds them by track number no matter what order they are on the list. This means I would have to renumber songs to get it to play 2 albums consecutively.