Kodi Community Forum
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Music Pump Kodi Remote (/showthread.php?tid=131303)

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-03-25

(2013-03-25, 05:38)corpgator Wrote: A couple problems, though: You can't swipe back from the play queue except at the top. Swiping on top of a song just moves the song around.

Are you talking about closing the slid-in menu with the current queue? There are two ways to close it. 1) hit the back key 2) swipe to the right from the part of the main window on the left that is still visible

(2013-03-25, 05:38)corpgator Wrote: Also, it does not respect playlist order. It just adds them by track number no matter what order they are on the list. This means I would have to renumber songs to get it to play 2 albums consecutively.

There is currently no way to tell xbmc in which order to queue the songs of a playlist. It will add them and sort by name if I remeber correctly.
An alternative is to queue every song individually but this will be very slow and generate a lot of requests when queuing a large playlist.

When the queue is locally on your android device it will play in the proper order however.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - corpgator - 2013-03-26

Thanks for all the help.

Is there some way that the remote could send a command that makes xbmc load the playlist as though it were a single song instead of sending the songs individually from the list? If I add it directly on xbmc, it loads in the correct order.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-03-26

There is a command to queue a playlist as file but it cannot be used because xbmc will try to queue the playlist as pictures.

More details in this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158398

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-04-14

I have pushed a new release to the play store

Changes in version 1.4:
* Quick access to remote by swiping the screen from the left border to the right from everywhere in the app.
* Fixed video streaming for nighly builds
* Music: Added Singles, Top 100 Songs/Albums, Compilations, New Album, Recently Played sections
* Video: New Movies, Recently updated TV Shows sections
* Much smoother scrolling

Don't forget to rate the app

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - aldredd - 2013-04-17

Coming on so well - love it more and more every update - thank you!

Like the swiping - but it almost feels the wrong way around, like the playlist should be on the left and the remote on the right - this would then be in live with the mini-controls at the bottom right and the Now Playing button bottom left. Minor details though ;o)

Bit of a feature request;
would be good to be able to browse and queue music videos a bit more than it currently allows. You can browse the files and loads individually, but can't queue them (unless I'm mssing something) and can't browse them as you can music, with artwork etc.

thanks for your continued efforts!

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-04-17

(2013-04-17, 19:18)aldredd Wrote: Coming on so well - love it more and more every update - thank you!

Like the swiping - but it almost feels the wrong way around, like the playlist should be on the left and the remote on the right - this would then be in live with the mini-controls at the bottom right and the Now Playing button bottom left. Minor details though ;o)

There is an option for that in the settings. It's called Invert Slide-in Menu ;-)

(2013-04-17, 19:18)aldredd Wrote: Bit of a feature request;
would be good to be able to browse and queue music videos a bit more than it currently allows. You can browse the files and loads individually, but can't queue them (unless I'm mssing something) and can't browse them as you can music, with artwork etc.

If you enable "Use xbmc queue" in the settings you can see the music, video and picture queue from the slide-in menu and also from the now playing section.

In File mode you can play/queue all files from a folder with the commands in the action bar. On some devices the queue action is hidden in the actionbar overflow or you need to hit the menu key to show it... To queue a single file, long-press that file and select queue

Thumbs should normally be displayed as well, I have to check why it doesn't in some cases. Probably no thumb is returned from xbmc in those cases

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - aldredd - 2013-04-17

(2013-04-17, 20:58)Millencolin007 Wrote:
(2013-04-17, 19:18)aldredd Wrote: Coming on so well - love it more and more every update - thank you!

There is an option for that in the settings. It's called Invert Slide-in Menu ;-)
Argh you've thought of everything - though I'd have learnt by now to have another mooch through the settings after an update!
(2013-04-17, 20:58)Millencolin007 Wrote:
(2013-04-17, 19:18)aldredd Wrote: Bit of a feature request;

If you enable "Use xbmc queue" in the settings you can see the music, video and picture queue from the slide-in menu and also from the now playing section.

In File mode you can play/queue all files from a folder with the commands in the action bar. On some devices the queue action is hidden in the actionbar overflow or you need to hit the menu key to show it... To queue a single file, long-press that file and select queue

Thumbs should normally be displayed as well, I have to check why it doesn't in some cases. Probably no thumb is returned from xbmc in those cases
ok-dokey - I'll go away and have another play around - just built a new system so could be not everything has flown through yet - thanks!

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - rollipopolli - 2013-04-18

(2013-02-23, 12:26)aldredd Wrote: Weird.... the app seems to have forgotten that I have the unlocker, and lost features. Even if I try to repurchase I get an error stating I already own it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I have the same problem. But also after deleting the cache of Play Store and Play Service I only can use the unlocked version when having network access?!

Any help?

RE: [Android] Music Pump XBMC Remote - aldredd - 2013-04-18

(2013-04-18, 15:54)rollipopolli Wrote:
(2013-02-23, 12:26)aldredd Wrote: Weird.... the app seems to have forgotten that I have the unlocker, and lost features. Even if I try to repurchase I get an error stating I already own it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I have the same problem. But also after deleting the cache of Play Store and Play Service I only can use the unlocked version when having network access?!

Any help?

I do still get the issue from time to time, but usually sorts itself out without any action on my part.

Wouldn't you have network access anyway, for the app to connectto XBMC?

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-04-19

Normally google has implemented in app purchase v3 in a way that one of the two apps "google play store" or "google play services" should cache the purchased items and send back the cached response if there is no network connectivity. This cache will expire after some time (no idea how long that is). As far as I know the network connection should not be required but I can do some tests.

Behavior may also be different among play store versions

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - smee204 - 2013-04-21

Does anyone else find that if you use the remote while playing a video the up and down buttons do not skip forward/backward they pause or exit the video?

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-04-21

The remote uses the keymap file from a wii remote. Up is pause, down is exit by default when in video fullscreen

If you don't like that you can modify the keymap file on xbmc.

The file you need to modify is keymaps/joystick.WiiRemote.xml. Look at the section FullscreenVideo and change button id 1 and 2

Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <joystick name="WiiRemote">
      <button id="1">Pause</button>
      <button id="2">Stop</button>
      <button id="3">StepBack</button>
      <button id="4">StepForward</button>
      <button id="5">OSD</button>
      <button id="6">Info</button>
      <button id="10">CodecInfo</button>
      <button id="11">AspectRatio</button>
    </joystick>
  </FullscreenVideo>

to

Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <joystick name="WiiRemote">
      <button id="1">BigStepForward</button>
      <button id="2">BigStepBack</button>
      <button id="3">StepBack</button>
      <button id="4">StepForward</button>
      <button id="5">OSD</button>
      <button id="6">Info</button>
      <button id="10">CodecInfo</button>
      <button id="11">AspectRatio</button>
    </joystick>
  </FullscreenVideo>

I haven't tested it but it should work

Where would I find this file? The keymap folder in Userdata is empty.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-04-21

You have to look in the installation folder of xbmc not in the userprofile

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap

(2013-04-21, 22:32)Millencolin007 Wrote: You have to look in the installation folder of xbmc not in the userprofile

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap

That fixed it thanks!