Kodi Community Forum
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Music Pump Kodi Remote (/showthread.php?tid=131303)

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - aldredd - 2013-06-02

Sorry, but thought of another little thing... Is it possible to import genre art? Having children, I usually browse films by genre, and have some nice genre artwork & thumbnails- would be awesome if these were picked up! Or any thumbnails for that matter :-)

Re: RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Robotica - 2013-06-02

(2013-06-01, 07:48)Millencolin007 Wrote: ..

@Robotica: I removed the "auto refresh local music" setting in the free version. I will think about making the play local files available without streaming option
However I think a better thing would be to let the user try all features for a week or two and then fallback to the free version. Many users don't know and can't guess that the unlocked version is much better

Yeah, bring in those non-xbmc users with a file mode. As far as I'm concerned you only have to beat nexmusic, which I prefer for local music. And letting users experience what music pump has to offer seems a logical decision.

It's a great app with great support!

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - dhead - 2013-06-02

@Millencolin007,
Thanks for this amazing app, it absolutely great for streaming music to android.

I'm not sure if this an issue with my device or limitation of Music Pump but it looks like the app cache is on the internal storage and my beaten old smartphone doesn't got much left.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-06-02

(2013-06-02, 18:49)dhead Wrote: @Millencolin007,
Thanks for this amazing app, it absolutely great for streaming music to android.

I'm not sure if this an issue with my device or limitation of Music Pump but it looks like the app cache is on the internal storage and my beaten old smartphone doesn't got much left.

The cache consists of two parts:
- Thumbnails are on the external storage
- Local database index is on the internal storage. I cannot move that cache to the external storage because it will create all kinds of issues when the storage is not available (mounted on pc, not inserted, ...)

The feature to move the app to the external storage is enabled. You could try that

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - dhead - 2013-06-03

Thanks Millencolin007 for the detailed answer.

This app is ingenious, I can start playing on a xbmc client through stereo speakers, continue playing on my smartphone through bt headset, save the playlist, download it to the smartphone and go out away from the house (and away from my wlan) and just continue playing.

It will be intersting to see how this would work through vpn as the ip's are differents, (mine is currently down so I can't check it).

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - dhead - 2013-06-04

(2012-05-11, 16:08)Millencolin007 Wrote: - Headphone remote support (play/pause, next, previous). On headphone remotes with a single button, double click plays next song

Doesn't work for me on Android 2.3.7, the headphones (bt) remote control (and start) the default Music app.
Is it ICS only feature ?

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-06-04

The option should also work on android 2.2 and 2.3 at least it does on my old HTC Desire. Some phones/roms have bugs or bind the buttons to a default app. Sometimes you can change the default music player somewhere in the system settings

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Topilouff - 2013-06-07

Hi, I've Just installed the app (Just for movies and TV shows) , and have Few questions or requests already :
- is file mode the only way to enqueue videos ? (a "enqueue from here" option would be great for TV shows)
- rating for TV shows is included, but not for movies as I could see
- I aggree with another post related to the Light hardly readable letters (Nexus7)

Thanks for This app which looks great on my tablet

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-06-12

Sorry for the late response was busy the last couple of days

- Queuing Videos is currently only possible from file mode. I have a similar feature to your "enqueue form here" on my todo list which is something like "play next unwatched episode" which is probably even nicer because it saves you a lot of clicks "select tv show -> season -> episode -> play" to start playback. Clicking on a button every 20-40 minutes doesn't take that much energy ;-) If json-rpc adds some api call to "enqueue from here" I may add your feature

- Rating for tv shows and movies is present but only visible on the phone layout (for movies). I can add the rating in the movie and tv episode details screens

- My idea behind this light color was that the relevant information pops directly to your eye but you can still see the rest of the information if you are actually interested in the details. E.g browsing the list of tv shows you want the show name to pop out but the number of new episodes is not that relevant and can be a bit lighter. I also tried darker colors but it started to loose the effect. So I ended with this relatively light color. I think that it is still readable

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - rollipopolli - 2013-06-12

Just one question/request: It would be very nice to have a bluetooth connection to the XBMC Server instead of using WIFI. Because I'm running OpenELEC as portable version a WIFI connection is not always available.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-06-12

All communication between the app is done using TCP and UDP. You would need some app that does tethering between your pc and the android device over bluetooth. Note: It's not the normal bluetooth tethering function from phones since the android device connects to the internet through the pc and not the other way around. I don't know if apps like this exist and if they require a rooted phone. If you somehow get such a connection working communication over bluetooth will probably work.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-06-22

New Release of Music Pump XBMC Remote 1.6 pushed to the Play Store

- Added Hebrew translation (thanks to dhead and ntk)
- Quick Switch between servers (show the remote and change server by selecting the server icon in the actionbar)
- Smarter Refresh for music files
- Smarter Refresh for local music files
- Layout optimizations: darker "light" text color, added some padding,IMDB Rating in Movie / TV details screens,Fixed cd numbering with multi cd albums
- Added button to switch between the different layouts, ...
- Added TV Show Posters and Poster Grid screens
- Option for Grouping Addons
- Improved send to xbmc: Play / Queue options
- Fixed send to xbmc function from image gallery
- probably much more which I forgot to mention

Don't forget to rate the app.
If you like it, please buy the unlocker to support further development.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - dhead - 2013-06-23

@Millencolin007,

I'm not sure radio stations (pvr) fit under video.
One appoarch would be to add Pvr category to the actionbar but this is too dense.

A better solution would be to split the Pvr types between Music and Video (Live Tv for Video, Radio for Music).
The Live Tv and Radio activities aren't really related regarding media type and use.

Not related ...
I found myself the previous weekend updating my music library.
MusicBrainz Picard done most of the work regarding tagging and coverart download, I needed to submit few releases info and covers but everything else was really drag and drop.
One issue I've encounter was will scanning the media in XBMC it seems that XBMC failed to auto scrape some of the artists info and images.
The solution was to go from one artist to another and just press 'i' to scrape the info, and sometimes to choose the right one (usually the first) from the list.

I'm not sure if this possible currently regarding json-rpc but it would be great to be able to initiate a specific artist scrapping and also to get the feedback from the search to choose from the artists list.
This would be very usable when your XBMC client is headless, for example I'm running XBMC instance on my laptop while the media is on my nas, after the library is in order I'm exporting it and re-scan it on my headless XBMC music client.

p.s. It would be nice to have the option to disable the device lock.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-06-23

Thanks for your input. At the moment the pvr button is in two places. One is under video, the other in the overflow menu when the swipe-in remote is visible. I first only wanted to put it in the overflow menu but it may be harder to discover than under video, which is not optimal.

Later, when pvr support will be more advanced I will probably create an own tab for live tv with tv channels, radio channels, recordings, epg...

As far as I know refreshing artist details is not possible using json-rpc. Maybe there is some command which I could send using the eventserver to initiate an artist scan without having to browse to that artist in xbmc first but probably no way to show the artist selection dialog remotely.

Will take a look what permissions are required to prevent the device from locking the screen

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - dhead - 2013-06-24

(2013-06-04, 19:03)dhead Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 16:08)Millencolin007 Wrote: - Headphone remote support (play/pause, next, previous). On headphone remotes with a single button, double click plays next song

Doesn't work for me on Android 2.3.7, the headphones (bt) remote control (and start) the default Music app.
Is it ICS only feature ?

(2013-06-04, 22:40)Millencolin007 Wrote: The option should also work on android 2.2 and 2.3 at least it does on my old HTC Desire. Some phones/roms have bugs or bind the buttons to a default app. Sometimes you can change the default music player somewhere in the system settings

I was on Cyanogenmod 7 RC1, updating to the last stable 7.2.0.1 (Android 2.3.7) didn't helped.
Didn't found any option to set the default music app.

One solution is to disable the default Music app with the Root Delete app.
Second solution that partially worked was installing the Media Button Router app.

I much prefer the first solution.