Kodi Community Forum
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Music Pump Kodi Remote (/showthread.php?tid=131303)

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - mirobaka - 2013-08-05

Hi,

I have an issue with the music streaming add-on. I can use it with movies and it works great, but it doesn't work at all with my tv shows.

This is unfortunate as I'm more likely to want to stream my tv shows to my tablet.

All that happens is that it sits at the "searching server" screen forever.

My xbmc server is running on Android using the libstagefright build of Gotham.

Please give me a hand to get the streaming working as that's the main reason I got the pro version was to stream tv shows

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-08-05

@AtreX:
- Your first request has been added in my dev build and was successfully tested with large libraries > 100'000 songs. This will be available in the next version
- I will think about grouping hosts. But this may lead to a couple of issues with favorites added from plugins if not installed on all instances

@mirobaka:
Since movie streaming works I think that something changed in recent alpha gotham builds. I can't find another explanation at the moment. Will check if something changed.
Please note that xbmc alpha builds are unsupported since they may change api functions and break some features. If people report issues with gotham builds I can try to fix them and make them work as well. You just can't expect that everything is working as intended if you use gotham alpha builds

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-08-06

@mirobaka
I did some tests with latest xbmc alpha gotham builds (on linux & android). Streaming movies & tv shows is working fine for me.

Then I tried a xbmc version with libstagefright (alpha4 from jun 4, found it on google) which failed to stream tv shows however movie streaming was working fine. Same issue as you described
Probably something was broken/changed in the upnp server or vfs part and fixed later on since it seems to work again in recent alpha builds (at least for me)

Please try a recent nightly build to see if streaming tv shows works. I don't want to invest time to make it work with an outdated alpha build
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - AtreX - 2013-08-09

(2013-08-05, 18:07)Millencolin007 Wrote: @AtreX:
- Your first request has been added in my dev build and was successfully tested with large libraries > 100'000 songs. This will be available in the next version
- I will think about grouping hosts. But this may lead to a couple of issues with favorites added from plugins if not installed on all instances

You might just be the man of the day!
I of course think you should seriously think about adding the grouped hosts feature, this would also allow ppl to add multiple hosts on i.e. their smartphone so that they can have one with their external IP address and one with their xbmc servers internal address. that way they could update quick through wifi but not having to turn on wifi to control the xbmc server. And there's prolly more ways in which this would be usable Smile
If you need any help brain storming or to bounce ideas, just give me a hint! Smile

Best regards and thank you so much for the time and dedication you put into this!

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - kupi - 2013-08-12

I upgraded to pro version since my music would stop playing at the end of a song all the time since i guess the app didn't send the next song. So now I can use the xbmc music queue and playback doesn't stop any more. But as soon as I enable the xbmc queue the lockscreen widget doesn't show up any more. When i disable the xbmc queue the widget returns. Is there a reason for that? is it possible to get both at the same time?

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-08-18

I am not 100% sure but if I remeber right I have not implemented this feature because it leads to some unwanted side effects.

The lockscreen player control is a buit-in feature of android 4.0+. In order to display the lockscreen player controls an android app has to request "Audio Focus", which makes all other music / video player stop playback. Since xbmc is not a local music player it is sometimes unclear if it should request audio focus or not. You may just start playback of a movie for your kids and then listen to some music using a music player on your phone. In that case it is very annoying if xbmc starts to steal the focus everytime you turn on the screen or a song changes.

I will probably add a "normal" lockscreen widget at some point in time which will let you control xbmc. But this is only supporten on android 4.2+

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - kupi - 2013-08-21

another thing: the app often "forgets" i unlocked it. takes a while for full functionality to return. is there a way to manually make it check its "unlocked" status?

edit: restarting helps...

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - startoff - 2013-08-25

hi!
i just bought the unlocker and played around with the "Make available offline" feature.
works very well! ...but i miss some features Blush

- possibility to delete a playlist with the option to also delete it's content
- modify playlists on android
- an option to sync contents of a playlist from xbmc to android (one way would be good)
- create a playlist on xbmc (i'm not sure... may be there's an api missing on the xbmc side...)

but anyway - great app, i'm very happy! thank you for that.

regards
roland

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-08-25

@kupi: Yes restarting does always refresh the license. Maybe I can improve the license cache timeout somehow

@startoff:
- delete content and modify playlists on android are on my todo list. Currently I am just using another music player to delete content or edit playlists. I am not sure how many people actually use this app to listen to their local music files. There are so many good audio players out there...

- syncing: Currently you can long press on a playlist and select "make available offline". It will ask you to select or create a local playlist and all missing songs will be downloaded into that playlist. It will however not remove songs already present in the list. The app is smart enough that it does not download already downloaded songs again.

- creating a playlist on xbmc is currently not possible since there is no api for that. T only way to save the playlist on xbmc is to enable "use xbmc queue" in the settings (so that songs are queued on xbmc and not locally) and add all songs of the playlist to the queue. From the now playing screen on xbmc you can then use the option to save the queue as a playlist.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - startoff - 2013-08-25

(2013-08-25, 21:34)Millencolin007 Wrote: - syncing: Currently you can long press on a playlist and select "make available offline". It will ask you to select or create a local playlist and all missing songs will be downloaded into that playlist. It will however not remove songs already present in the list. The app is smart enough that it does not download already downloaded songs again.

- creating a playlist on xbmc is currently not possible since there is no api for that. T only way to save the playlist on xbmc is to enable "use xbmc queue" in the settings (so that songs are queued on xbmc and not locally) and add all songs of the playlist to the queue. From the now playing screen on xbmc you can then use the option to save the queue as a playlist.

wow! fast reply, thx.

the syncing thing would be an iTunes approach. just an idea...
i have all my music on xbmc and don't want to use iTunes Wink that's why a syncing mechanism would be nice.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - tobtob501 - 2013-08-27

Hi,
SImilar to startoff I am also very much interested in playlist modifications done by the xbmc music pump app.

It's clear the current xbmc API does not allow music pump xbmc remote to directly handle this, but will this API function be there in future xbmc versions or is there any way music pump xbmc remote users could vote for such a feature ?

I am liking the app very mucho btw for all other features it offers!

Best regards,

Tobias.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-09-01

I have pushed an update of Music Pump XBMC Remote to the play store.

* Added Italian and Portuguese translation
* Better support for large libraries (> 100'000 songs): Retrying requests...
* Much better scrolling performance on high-res devices
* Redesigned home screen
* Other bug fixes

@tobtob501: Better playlist handling over json-rpc has been requested a couple of times already and will probably be implemented in a future xbmc version http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=163215

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - le_tox - 2013-09-04

Hi, XBMC Remote works fine! But I have a problem with the wake on lan feature. Wake on lan works from pc, router and other e.g. WOL android apps, but the build in WOL feature from the XBMC remote app does not work, nothing happened. Any ideas?
I use XBMC with openelec and the ethernet card is configured with:

Supports Wake-on: pumbg
Wake-on: g

Which method of WOL is used by the XBMC remote app? Is it a magic packet?

Thanks!

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-09-04

The app sends a Magic Packet to UDP Port 9. The mac address should be entered in the form 00:11:22:33:44:55:66 in the server details

I haven't used this feature in a long time but it should still work.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - le_tox - 2013-09-04

Thanks for the fast answer! Two or three times it worked, but now it doesn't work again. Same problem with my tablet. Other WOL apps works everytime. Also if I send the magic packet from my laptop to the mac address the medaicenter wakes up everytime. The mac address is the right one in the app configuration. Maybe you could check the function if you have the time. What does the WOL timeout means?