Kodi Community Forum
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Music Pump Kodi Remote (/showthread.php?tid=131303)

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-10-30

(2013-10-29, 15:48)Miccim Wrote: Hi...

When i use "remote" feature and browse musicfiles on tv in xbmc i can use "A" button to start at song, but if i try to use the "forward" button next to "pause" it stops playing the song. Same when pressing "backwards". And cannot use "pause" to pause, just longpress to stop song.

When i use "files" navigation in app same things happen allthough in here i can "pause"

In the app in "Now playing" same thing happens

Seems like button mapping is wrong? (Im a noob so its just at thought)

Regards Miccim

By default Music Pump behaves a bit different than other remotes since it uses a local queue for music. Therefore it is not possible to start playback using the remote and afterwards skip songs using the keyboard or a tv remote (because the songs are not in the local queue and forward or back would play the next song from the local queue.
There is an option in the unlocked version to use the xbmc queue instead of the local queue. This way you will be able to start music from xbmc and control it from the remote and keyboard at the same time

When you use file mode all files are queued on xbmc

(2013-10-29, 19:47)forrestOne Wrote: Hi,
i have two small problems, when i browse the movie add ons. In some structures i see something like this:
[COLOR red][46°][/COLOR] ...
I thing this are highlight tags, witch can be removed from the string.

And the second one. Is it possible that i can scroll in long entries?

But in any case, thanks for the great tool!

Greats
ForrestOne

For the color tags I would have to check the xbmc source to find out the exact format of these tags. They are used to highlight text in a color and are not stripped off when sent from xbmc over json-rpc. I have seen this in the Digitally Imported addon as well

Scrolling long entries is possible for file mode. You just need to enable the option in the settings

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-10-30

(2013-10-30, 10:59)dandnsmith Wrote: I'm using the latest version of the Music Pump XBMC Remote on an android tablet to 'control' a RaspBMC installation which is up-to-date, but not on nightly builds.
I can access the system via ssh when it stops responding to the Remote and keyboard/mouse, but the screen display isn't getting updated.
Would you say that XBMC is then 'hung'? - I'm not sure where you draw the line.
I would assume that the json-rpc server code is in the XBMC - would that be correct?
(I have this doubt as to what is considered to be the 'server' starting with a setup where the terms server and client seemed to be used the other way round)

Yes the json-rpc server is part of xbmc itself. By "hung" I mean that the xbmc process is not responding or blocking all ui input. Of course you will still be able to connect to xbmc over ssh and kill the process. To see if xbmc is actually still responding to json-rpc requests you can just connect to it using a browser on http://ip_of_your_raspberry_pi:80/jsonrpc or try out one of the api examples from here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157996

It is possible that sending a specific command over json-rpc triggers a bug in the xbmc json-rpc server which makes xbmc crash

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - dandnsmith - 2013-10-30

Thanks for that - I'll see if I can narrow it down, so I can report it

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Miccim - 2013-10-30

Thank you for the comment to unlock, i will do that Smile

Regards Miccim

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Miccim - 2013-11-01

Hi again.

Found out that pause only works when you play your music i Files/music in the app. if you go in to "now playing" you cannot pause. Actually you cannot pause if you brovse you music using the tv. Thats a big loss for music players and since the name for the app is music pump i think this should work properly. Can you recall my problem?

Regards Miccim

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-11-01

On my setup the buttons are working fine. However I was able to reproduce your problem if the notification port is not started on xbmc.

For this I disabled this option:
- Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC (under System -> Settings -> Services -> Remote Control)

Possible reasons why it does not work on your setup:
- You forgot to enable the option above
- Another app is already using the tcp port 9090 => xbmc fails to start the notification port. (see below to find out)
- Your firewall is blocking incoming connections on tcp port 9090

On a linux system you can check if the notification port is available with the following command
Code:
netstat -antp | grep 9090

The output will be something like this if xbmc is started and should not return any connection on tcp port 9090 if xbmc is not running otherwise another app is using the port ( hint: sabnzbd uses 9090 by default)
Code:
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:9090            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      5816/xbmc.bin

On windows the command would be something like this
Code:
netstat -ano | find "9090"

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - HojoMojo - 2013-11-07

In an effort to reduce forehead and desk dings...

I glazed over the other XBMC remote and found it was using port 8080
Unhooked it and now streaming over mobile.

Artist Thumbnails - thelatejc - 2013-11-09

Under Music -> Artists most artists don't have thumbnails. A couple have images apparently from within the folder structure, and one has a thumbnail from an image I can't find on disk.

Can someone let me know how the app goes about collecting artist thumbnails? I'd like to know so I can do what I need to do in order to have a thumbnail displayed for every artist.

EDIT: Uhh, never mind, the app is picking them up correctly from XBMC, my problem is at the server side.

Cheers!

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - HojoMojo - 2013-11-09

I keep getting banner "Get Unlocker"
Click it, click again and error Item Already Owned

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - dandnsmith - 2013-11-10

Me too - I haven't yet worked out when it doesn't occur

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-11-18

Sorry, I was a bit busy the last couple of days. You will get the error "Item already owned" if you try to purchase the app a second time. If you have purchased the app and want to make it work on a different device you sometimes have to reinstall to make it work properly.

If the app shows the "get unlocker" banner you should be able to get rid of it by hitting the back key from the screen with the "get unlocker" banner to completely exit the app and open it again when your device is connected to the internet. The app will fetch the license from google during startup. I haven't seen this issue on my devices in a while but this may be because I keep my internet connection always on.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - dandnsmith - 2013-11-19

I bought this unlocker, expecting it to work (without these messages) when I wasn't connected to the internet (foreign concept tho' that might be to some).

How can I avoid this requirement to be internet connected?

Request Feature - Add EPG in Music Pimp - Cyr-ius - 2013-12-09

Hello,

I bought Music Pump and it is wonderful. bravo
but it lacks a little something
Browse EPG and to make recordings.

JSON-RPC: Basic EPG is supported since November thanks to Montellese

Is it possible to add this feature to brighten up the PVR menu
PVR.GetBroadcasts
PVR.GetBroadcastDetails

Thank you

An example - XBMC 3.0 Alpha 11 Build 9/12/2013
{"Jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "PVR.GetBroadcasts", "params": {"channelID": 1, "limits": {"start": 0, "end": 3}} "id ": 1}
{"id": 1, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "result": {"broadcasts": [{"broadcastid": 53961, "label": "4 marriages per 1 honeymoon"}, {"broadcastid "53963," label ":" Welcome home "}, {" broadcastid ": 53965," label ":" A family or \ "61 \" "}]," limits ". {" end ": 3," start ": 0," total ": 49}}}

{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"broadcastdetails":{"broadcastid":55581,"episodename":"","label":"Mentalist. \"Chasse au témoin\"","plot":" Série (-). HD. Avec Simon Baker. Le chef de la police locale de Fairmont est retrouvée morte. Chez elle, Lisbon et Rigsby rencontrent le frère de Lisbon, chasseur de primes.","title":"Mentalist. \"Chasse au témoin\""}}}

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2013-12-09

A future version will include better PVR support for sure.

In the mean time there is a trick to quickly access recordings and epg on xbmc: Long-press on the TV button in the remote

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Brian B - 2013-12-15

Hi, I just came across your app to control music on my XBMC HTPC. I'm not the most computer savvy though...Are there instructions on how to set it up and what the settings do?

I have a few basic questions:

1) Do I need to "unlock" the program to add files to the queue?
2) " """ to display cover art from files on my server?

I watched your brief tutorial and my interface doesn't look nearly as cool--is this because I haven't "unlocked"? When I go to the "MUSIC" section I have no music whatsoever--is this because of incorrect setup in XBMC? I can go to the "FILES" area and see the music files sans any cover art...

Any basic help you could give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian